It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ok guitarists, show yourselves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Been playing for a long time,its great fun

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I started playing only when i was 18. You know kids always have something better toi do even though i got the interest through my dad who played in bands. Well now i have played Pro in the US and i live in South Africa. I have't really played in a while now though. I have some "toys" still left. 3 guitars: Fender Strat: Black, white pick guard, maple fret board; 12 string washburn and a 6 string round back Rhapsody. I have an Art SGX LT effects processor. 6 channel mixer/amp, marshal JCM900 and cab, 2 x 500watt 15" RMS Hybrid speakers, Sure mics and PC does backing these days.
Loave most styles of music but love Blues, classic rock etc. I have been playing about 19 years now.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I have two guitars and a bass. And a drumset.

My guitars are a Hondo that me and my dad rebuilt. (Its from the 80s, one of the best guitars ive ever played) and I have a Cort EVL-Z6, again, an amazing guitar. My bass is a peavey BXP Grind 4 string.

I have 3 amps, a cheap little Crate for practicing in my bedroom, and two peaveys. one for my guitar (Heritage VTX) and one for my bass (TKO 115 S)

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
i saw a fender champ at the guitar store the other day and it was only a note but i was broke...i am so bummed out...i wanted that amp so bad.....

Cug

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Join the club.

I want this Sooooooooooooooooooooo bad

Boss RE-20 Space Echo Delay

But I just can't spare $250 right now. So I have to sit here and listen to the clips of those who bought it and just drool a bit.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
22 year old self-taught guitarist of 17 years(well, 10 years seriously)

never been much of a woodshedder, just liked to learn songs i enjoy. i primarily play metal but dabble in acoustic folk stuff(been working on my fingerpicking the last couple of years) and classic rock.

i currently play an ESP LTD Dave Mustaine DV-200(the low end V model) with an Ibanez 100W Solid State ToneBlaster Head w/ matching 4x12 cab. I also have a dumpy yamaha acoustic that I play way more(my electric stuff has been stashed at mi madre's since my band had a falling out).

people tell me i'm pretty good, but i just think i have a good feel for the instrument since i've been playing so long. i'm very good with fluid lines and chord changes as my fingers are ridiculously used to it. also, there are very few i have seen that can keep up with my picking hand(due to the half-decade i've spent playing as fast and as accurate as possible)

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I've been playing guitar for about 13 years now. I'm not much of a lead guitar player, however. I prefer to just play rhythms....reason being is that I wanted to be able to sing over what I'm playing, so I never really cared to be able to scream up and down the fretboard.

My cousin actually got me into guitar. He picked it up and started learning, and him and I were like brothers, so he wanted me to play so we could jam. I figured why not? Long story short, I REALLY got into it...one of the few hobbies I actually stuck with...and it's no longer a hobbie. I've been playing semi-professionally in bands since 1997.

I have a few guitars and a couple amps, but my main Guitar is a Schecter C-1 Diamond Series, and my amp is a Marshall JCM Dual Super Lead 2000, played through a Marshall 2X12 cab.

Here's a decent pic of my guitar...not such a good pic of me, however. lol

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Jaruseleh]

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Jaruseleh]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm self taught since 17 years old off and on experience
First guitar was acoustic(with still owening it, it came back to me!)
Learned more technique years later on electric
Still novice because keyboard and digi synths took over my attention

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
seeing as everyones going in to fine detail,i will do the same

guitars

Fender Strat Roadhouse(jb jnr in bridge)
BC Rich custom ST
HM strat
ESP skull n snake geroge lynch model
Parker fly deluxe
Jackson lightning sky SL1
Ibanez JS 90th aniversary

Preamps

Art sgx 2000(had this for years-never used but hate to get rid of it)and x15
Line 6 Pod Pro rack mount orignal(and best!)firmware
Soldano sp11
Digitech 2120's x 2 + matching floor unit

amps

Marshall valvestate 80+80 poweramp
Carvin Belair
Line 6 Flexytone 11
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier(3 channel)

Speakers
Marshall

PA
PEAVEY XR-800F Plus (1,000 watts)
Sat and sub speakers
loads of cables and mics

Very loud band,as all bands should be

www.justinjohnwakely.com/downloads/noangels-wild_card(128).mp3

The above track was recorded with the band last sunday,a bit of a tidy up and vocals and its good to go

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I first played on an old B.C rich Warlock, back in 91.
went threw my highschool years and early 20's playing in bands, From Rock, to shockrock, heavy metal, death metal!!!
Nice to be umoung the crew here

Any other artists from Tampa area here? Castle ybor city? Alot of good metal bands have come from here in Tampa.. I remember back in the day.
with Stabotage, Avatar.. Good times man!!

[edit on 10-9-2007 by zysin5]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join