It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theorist does not equal idiot.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Why, why do we just jump to conclusions about people we don't even know?

A day or so ago I was at the grocery store, and while I was there I over heard a conversation about 9-11 conspiracy theory's.

And to make a boring story short. One of the gentleman stated that without a shadow of doubt in his mind, all conspiracy theorist no matter what the conspiracy, are poorly educated and or inbred.

Now I don't know were the inbred part came from, but this was not the first time I have heard it mentioned that conspiracy were not exactly the brights folks out there.

Now I'm not trying to brag but I have an I.Q. of 134, and thats not to shabby. Granted in the grand scheme of life high, a I.Q. really doesn't mean much but thats another discussion.

My point is this why do some skeptics feel the need to attack the intelligence and or education of conspiracy theorist ?

If some one has a strange take on life they must be an idiot ?

Don't get me wrong folks. This is not a attack on skeptics. I'm a proud conspiracy theorist crackpot and I firmly believe we need skeptics. Skeptics are like the friend thats takes your keys away when you had one to many drinks.

What I don't think we need are stuck-up snobs who love to look down on the little people and there queer ideas. And in my personal opinion that's attitude I see becoming more prevalent.

And I finally, I do understand it is a common for people to attack another persons intelligence when they disagree on a subject,. I just feel that the " lack of intelligence " argument used by those that don't believe in conspiracies against people who do, is unjustly over used. That and the one about paranoia.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkMile77
And to make a boring story short. One of the gentleman stated that without a shadow of doubt in his mind, all conspiracy theorist no matter what the conspiracy, are poorly educated and or inbred.

Well, you must be an idiot if you don't follow contemporary thought patterns.

Now I don't know were the inbred part came from, but this was not the first time I have heard it mentioned that conspiracy were not exactly the brights folks out there.

And blindly swallowing information from any media/government organisation is intelligence?

I bet their hoping that the WMDs will be found SOMEDAY.

My point is this why do some skeptics feel the need to attack the intelligence and or education of conspiracy theorist ?

Why?
Because, as you stated later, it's the easiest defence of one's own ideals.
I mean, your beliefs/opinions must be wrong if you're not one of 'us'.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Oh the irony, i was not allowed to do my education because of a conspiracy.

The ironies are funny sometimes.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
That's too bad people feel this way. I may not go along with someone who thinks there's a conspiracy, but I don't automatically assume they are an idiot. Everyones entitled to their own beliefs, shouldn't be ridiculed for it.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's funny that some people state and believe such things about conspiracy theorists.... Recent research would suggest otherwise.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
It's funny that some people state and believe such things about conspiracy theorists.... Recent research would suggest otherwise.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

yep it always makes me laugh, when it turns out to be a real conspiracy. just look at the school playground. all bullying is a form of conspiracy, they isolate there victims, and then bully the heck out of them. true case of conspiracy we all have witnessed.

[edit on 7/10/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
well, i also have a high IQ but it is accompanied with an attitude and sarcasm. i would have simply replied:: two words for ya buddy- pearl harbor.

on the other hand polls clearly show that people who believe the official story are the minority.

either way the only way to find the truth is to research and research and research. If that makes me a 'conspiracy theorist' thats fine. ive been called worse by worse.

new topics

top topics

join