It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ian McCormack's Glimpse of Eternity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Anyone who hasn't seen this, well here you go.

It's Ian's testimony of, well a beyond death experience. They said he was dead for like 15 minutes after making his way to a hospital. He was stung five times I believe it was by box jellyfish off the island of Mauritius.

He met the creator of all things, Jesus Christ. Face to face. He gave him the choice to come back or stay. He chose to come back. He was shown the multitude of people that would be changed by his testimony before he was brought back.

You may be one of those.

Google Video Link

www.aglimpseofeternity.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
NDEs are proven to be nothing more than a chemical reaction in the brain upon the advent of death. A study with the drug ketamine have reproduced NDEs in people who weren't dying EXACTLY.

NDEs are not proof of life after death. Sorry to disappoint.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
How then do you explain the occurrences where blind people have been able to see things during their NDE that they wouldn't have know about unless they had sight? I don't think you can easily dismiss events like these by saying that ketamine made her see her surroundings. If that were the case then we could just give ketamine to blind people and cure them.

Speaking of hallucinations, you may be experiencing one now. It's possible that the entire Universe is a hologram (Scientific American). Monkeying around with your hologram interpretor could have some strange effects.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by dbates]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
How do you explain the ability of people having them to see things outside of the room they were in then? If it is in the mind, then how do they see things which would otherwise be unobservable by them?
here

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I watched the video and must say that this is one of the most fantastic witnesses of Jesus Christ I've ever seen. It's an incredible story. Given the fact that this guy was an atheist, it's a pretty dramatic change.

You don't have to believe in God to see that this is a fantastic story. Treat it as fiction if you wish, but I'd still recommend seeing it since it isn't just someone talking. They did a great job of producing a short movie of the event.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by dbates]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
NDEs are proven to be nothing more than a chemical reaction in the brain upon the advent of death.

Sorry to disappoint.

Yeah OK. You find me a chemical reaction that would make a wicked man forgive those who have treated him like a dog. I mean really forgive them, not chin music. Then when faced with eternity in heaven he then chooses to come back to be a witness to people such as yourself rather than leaving this wretched place behind and staying.

His whole life is devoted now to sharing his testimony. I had the honor of speaking with him briefly by email the other day. The man's for real.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I would say this a Man that had a NDE and is saving souls, had a real one. There are those out there that would lie. I dout that all NDE are true ones. I think this NDE is a real one. But the only reason God uses his mericles is to save a soul which would then save many. God does not waste his mericles on nothing.

O ya that whole chemical thing is just a cop out, for someone not to believe. Last time I check a chemical could not make a person see things will there knock out. Yes thee are drugs that do that. But that does not explain how a many hundreds and thousands of NDE see the basic same thing.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by slymattb]

new topics

top topics

join