It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Craziest "food" you've ever eaten?!?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I was watching this show on the travel channel. "strange foods with (some fat guy)" Anyway, he went to japan in this certain episode i saw and he actually ate a beating frogs heart!! He had many other crazy crazy things... i would suggest you check out this show if you get the chance. Anyway, i was curious what the craziest food any of the members here have eating. I really havent had anything thats worth mentioning.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have my own creation that anybody here would enjoy. I use chicken hearts in place of ground beef in chili. The chambers of the tiny hearts fill with my great chili and everytime you bite into one it explodes with flavor! For the best chili let it sit overnight and reheat the next day. This allows for the flavor to set into the meat and beans.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Also, I am from rural Missouri. We were poor but never hungery because we had many meats to choose from in hunting. I crave squirrel to this day but won't dare tell any of my "city people" friends because that would gross them out.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The heart thing just grossed me out
but just my opinion.

I've never eaten this, but growing up my family made it every Christmas. They deep fried cow brains. They actually got my brother to eat some, and after they told him what it was he yakked. I think he was like 8 at the time. I never asked why they served this, guess I need to ask Grandma the next time I see her. My response to when they would try to get me to eat questionable things is "there's just some parts you throw away from an animal".

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Okay?? I'm not bashful, I'll admit to having eaten BBQ Raccoon a time or two, and I have joyfully eaten BBQ Goat a few times, In all honesty BBQ sauce opens up a whole world of food options for me. I also ate some shark meat once down in Florida. ohh yea, and alligator once also.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
ummm i had cactus does that give me any points?!?! i've never had any type of meat that isnt served in every U.S restaurant. There is this place near me that has alligator and ostrich meat.. i may give that a shot.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
While in the Philippines during my Navy days, there were street venders who would set up carts on street corners, selling BBQ on a stick. I had bought and eaten several sticks of BBQ over several weeks before I found out that the BBQ was monkey meat. Oh Yeah, monkey meat; it tastes like chicken. But, then, everything tastes like chicken.

I also, while in the Philippines, enjoyed eating deep-fried squid. UMM, delicious!

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Bear meat, and chicken lips.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If alligator is cooked right, it can take almost like lobster....of course, it stinks to high heaven when you cook it though...and will take a week to air out the house, lol....

I ate dog once (unknowingly) at a Chinese style restaurant in downtown Riyadh, Saudi Arabia...tasted just like marinated beef, but a little gamier...

My dad used to always try stuff out on us: octopus, squirrel, possom, racoon, you name it...most does indeed taste like chicken (except octopus).

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

feral mixed grill, mmmm yummy.

Us aussies are even happy to throw our nations coat of arms on the bbq (kangaroo + emu)

kangaroo steak
camel chop
emu patty
Wallaby kebab

Kangaroo is truely known as the best meat in the world because its leanest. You will never see a bit of fat on roo meat.

First time i tried kangaroo was when i went to my oldies for a BBQ one day and stole a thin bit of steak off the bbqq (a small bit that was cooked before the rest)
"oh you like the kangaroo do you?" dad said, i laughed knowing he's a joker like me and mum said "yeah, it is roo, do you like it?"

been hooked on the stuff ever since. You can get a roo steak thats the size of a liver, and theres not a strip of fat in it at all. makes perfect bbq steaks but dont overcook it or it goes tough.

some say its gamey, but i dont find that. It is a very dark red meat.

[edit on 18/7/07 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker
While in the Philippines during my Navy days, there were street venders who would set up carts on street corners, selling BBQ on a stick. I had bought and eaten several sticks of BBQ over several weeks before I found out that the BBQ was monkey meat. Oh Yeah, monkey meat; it tastes like chicken. But, then, everything tastes like chicken.

I also, while in the Philippines, enjoyed eating deep-fried squid. UMM, delicious!

squid is delicious, havent you heard of calamari rings from your local fish n chip shop?

gotta cook it right coz if you overcook squid or octopus it ends up like rubber.

The Sentinal: shark is the best fish there is in the sea. No little bones to choke on, just a big slab of yummy fishy meet.
In the local fish n chip shops they call it "flake" but its just a deceiving way of saying "heres a big slab of fried shark and your $2 chips"

apparently its not good to eat a lot of shark though, something about it being high in mercury.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Thresher Shark at a Mexican resturant. Was surved up grilled and to be used with typical and non typical burrito ingredients.

It's taste; kinda like crab meat.

My friend and I, also seen a detailed sheet on the shark, place of origin, length, etc, as he was special ordered(took a week).

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Lets see, I have eaten Cows tongue, cod cheeks, head cheese( google it), haggis,Moose, Deer(venison in Restaurants),elk, caribou, pigeon, boar,squirell,bear,goat and many other strange and tasty meats and fishes. I have also tried so many weird and tasty veggies from my friends produce market. Trying new and exotic foods is fun.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Ooooo, Hu Hu grub. And .. god, this black liquad in one of those tiny white cups, when i was over in Japan, it was like fish oil + brain or something mashed up?

Shopping is fun.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
crazy-world-news.blogspot.com...

Most terrifying foods in the world!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
One of the craziest food Ive ever seen anyone eat is their own fingernails; while still on their fingers!!!

My personal crazyfood is rattlesnake tacos.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
alligators, raccoons, snakes and snails.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Prairie oysters after a hard day branding on a ranch in Alberta. Washed down with a few chilled buds

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
In South Korea I had BBQ dog and live eel (sashimi)

In Japan, raw boar and every kind of sashimi and sushi you can think of including the deadly fugu !

In Vietnam, snake.

In China, fried grasshopper cricket, centipede and rat tail and yak tea ( yak urine).

I enjoyed all except I got a little sick on under-cooked dog in China.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by x-phile]

[edit on 21-10-2007 by x-phile]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
That heart thing seriously grossed me out. The weirdest thing for me (that I know I ate...I'm still not sure about a few things I ate in China) was guinea pig. I was tricked into eating it but it's a delicacy in parts of South America

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join