learn more

Craziest "food" you've ever eaten?!?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
heres two posts in one...lol

i, myself have had rattlesnake shish-ka-bobs, bacon wrapped scallops, raccoon, squirril(sp) florida lobster (bugs) talipa, roast pig (cooked in the sand..) live eel soup, city chicken (rabbitt), deer, horse meat, muskrat (yukky and oily), blood soup, mudbugs..(craw daddies) octapuss(sp), maine lobster, peasant, all kinds of birds (dad always made me eat what i shot...sometimes that was nasty..lol)

my other half has been to more countries so he has had... shark, alligator, blood rice, monkey brains, squid, florida bugs.. (lobster) , cat, dog, sushi, raw oysters on a half shell, clams, musscls, eel, cow tongue, mud bugs, choc covered grasshoppers, blood worms, pickled pigs feet, mountain oysters, bbq banana, scallops, tiger meat, scorpian...

ok i lost my appetite .. i am never kissing him again... but then again...lol see what the military makes you eat? most of his stuff was from when he was in japan and iraq and here in the usa... mine was from here in the states...

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I had dried bees once, they were not bad at all. The next crazy food on the lit would be haggis. I was a bit scared to eat it at first but it turned out to be good too.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Wow...I grew up in the south so we ate a lot of things that were off of the wall...alligator, snake, all of the internals of animals, turtle, squirrel...then I joind the military and had dog, live octopuss, squid, deep fried chicken feet, rats, and sheeps brains...and the worst of all for me had to be the haggis and turnips dinner I went to....that was terrible.

I will eat anything once. I actually loved the sheeps brains until I found out what they were....

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The next door neighbor had thrown a party and out in their backyard was a potful of, well, goat intestines! My family and I couldn't offend the Pinoys, who offered a ladle-sized portion of this swill into our bowls.

The smell was profoundly that of unwashed 'matter' with the acidic taste of vinegar. All we could comment was, 'Tastes good!' But we chewed with our eyes filled with dry tears and swallowed each morsel until our bowls were empty.

Actually, it wasn't THAT bad, only it smelled like the unwashed version of chicken adobo, I think.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I ate frog legs as a child. My mom told me that it was chicken.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Tarantula legs.

And kangaroo steak just tastes excellent. Very much recommended.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Growing up my Uncles (Wonderful bunch really) convinced me, a child, that you had to eat the still warm heart of the first deer you kill...That is was tradition and would instill in me the heart of a warrior....

I was 8 years old..

I gagged for hours all while watching my uncles laugh and call me stupid for doing it...

Funny now, but I would have killed them back then...

Semper

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Lol It has got to be 30cm wooden rulers as a kid in school(.For a wind up at a friend, )
I used to steal them everytime his mom bought one, coz he kept getting into trouble in Maths for never having one.

He lives in my street now and I wind him up that I'm gonna do his shed next.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
You ate the rulers?????

Hard to top that....

Semper

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I am not particularly shy about eating things that are odd. One thing that I absolutely love is called Rocky Mountain Oysters. These are of course pounded flat, deep fried bull testicles. Yum yum. I have eaten shark, snails, eel and probably more other things that probably shouldn't be on the dinner menu. One thing I can't really understand anyone eating, but it's common is liver. YACK!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
1. Seal Flippers

2. Jelly Fish

3. Wads of paper (When I was a kid)

4. Wads n' wads of HUGE bubble gums balls - on a 'dare' (probably floatn' around my guts as we speak)

5. Chocolate covered insects (unbeknownst to me) barfed later...when I found out.

6. REAL home-made Blood Pudding

7. Asian soup in Toronto. (Not sure to this day if the 'meat' previously meowed or barked....hoh boy)

8. 'Something' that contained ALOT of intestines. Stunk to high heaven.

I'm getting kinda grossed out right now, looking at the list above...better stop here. Just burped bile in my mouth.

~Ducky~

[edit on 29-1-2008 by TheDuckster]

[edit on 29-1-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Dolphin.
I didn't know what it was until I'd eaten it.

A friend of mine was a fisherman, and a dolphin got caught in their nets and was dead when they pulled it up.

So what did my mate do?

That's right - he cut off a big chunk, took it home, cooked it and gave it to us to eat, without saying what it was.

It was pretty disgusting - like fishy beef.

Other than that, various animal hearts, tripe 'n onions, goat, and jellyfish (which was gross)

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
When I was in fifth grade my teacher brought in mealworms... I ate half of one. I remember thinking it tasted like sausage, and that that was gross. haha!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I never ever thought I would try it, but I did about 10 years ago and I will never eat it again...

"Crumbed Lamb's Brains"!

Apparently there very rich in protein. Well I'd rather get my protein from another source. My mother loves them she eats them all the time... They have a sweet taste and are very chewy...

The worst thing about them is when I used to watch my mum prepare them for crumbing, you can see all the blood veins running through the brain... Gross!

[edit on 10/02/2008 by Paulene-abeth]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
ummm i had cactus does that give me any points?!?! i've never had any type of meat that isnt served in every U.S restaurant. There is this place near me that has alligator and ostrich meat.. i may give that a shot.

I actually ate cactus when I was on Emeril Live (I was in the front row
). He prepared it in a salad with mexican cheese, red onions and garlic. It was really good. Also in culinary school I was able to try alligator, and I cooked and ate Ostrich too. Ostrich is a red meat and tastes a lot like beef. The strangest food I probably ever ate was rabbit brain. There is a place close to me that has live chickens, rabbits, and any other poultry you can think of. You pick what you want and they take it into the back and.. well.. you know. They give you the rabbit head too so I just threw it in the sauce and picked out the brain when it was done. Delicious!

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
wow there are some gross stories in here...lol

the weirdest thing i ever ate is swamp cabbage .....its part of the root system of a palm tree and its definitely an acquired taste .

rattlesnake would be another i tried....strange eating something that could kill you

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I am not particularly shy about eating things that are odd. One thing that I absolutely love is called Rocky Mountain Oysters.

MY brother tried those when he was in Texas. I was very surprised to hear that he tried them. Are they popular around there? Anyway, he said they were really good!

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hi.

I remember my Mother eating tripe (intestines) when i was younger.
Man, you should have smelled that stuff cooking!

Pretty sure it's banned now,as it is regarded as "offal".

Oh Mum,how could you!

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I remember in Chile, we used to have Seaweed. Not the usual on the beach stuff, but an eadible version *grin*

I've also had Cow tongue *yuck* and sheeps Brain *more yuck*.

Also lentils. I HATE THEM (force fed as a toddler)

Thx

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by scobro

Tripe is the stomach lining of a cow (not sure WHICH stomach lol)

It's still on the shelves here - I think mostly older people buy it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join