It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a silent war against china begun?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This may seem like a conspiracy theory to some, but it's based on a web of current events.

Firstly look at this:
english.people.com.cn...

Now Read this:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

I'm not saying that China's exportation standards are the best and it's impossible that their quality actually extremely low..

But the two articles just got me thinking......

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Scaremongering nonsense - whats next - the secret war has begun US and UK V the rest of the non english speaking world.

Watch now live on MTV.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you mean by silent war, Apart from everyone realising what i've known for a long time, you want it cheap or you want it to be worthwhile buying?

Do you mean consumer war? Thats all I realls see in those articles.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
by looking at the first link
china's trades/export gdp is vastly increasing

if ur enemy is growing economically, then chances are you'd want to do something about it.

before attacking a country it would be more strategic to attack their economy first

at the end of the day I was just thinking out loud when i made this thread

Just a question, if the Nafta superhigway was finished, would it be financially beneficial for companies to move their manufacturing to mexico... for certain goods?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
by looking at the first link
china's trades/export gdp is vastly increasing

if ur enemy is growing economically, then chances are you'd want to do something about it.

before attacking a country it would be more strategic to attack their economy first

at the end of the day I was just thinking out loud when i made this thread

Just a question, if the Nafta superhigway was finished, would it be financially beneficial for companies to move their manufacturing to mexico... for certain goods?

I imagine it would be, you would no longer have to pay tarrifs on the goods coming from Mexico, the cheap labor is there, makes sense to me.

But think about this, if the Nafta highway is finished, the NAU won't be far behind. But I'm thinking that since China holds so much US debt, they could drop it in the event of conflict which in my opinion is going to happen eventually. The NAU brings a new currency negating anything the Chinese could do with the debt they hold. It would be null, they would just own nothing, and it would be harmless to the US for them to drop it. Thats my opinion on basically how things will eventually pan out, we dug ourselves a hole financially with the Chinese, and we have light at the end of the tunnel.

top topics

join