It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
Four men have been found guilty of plotting to bomb London's transport network on 21 July 2005.
Muktar Ibrahim, 29, Yassin Omar, 26, Ramzi Mohammed, 25, and Hussain Osman, 28, were convicted at Woolwich Crown Court of conspiracy to murder.
The men had tried to detonate rucksacks laden with explosives on the Tube and a bus, killing themselves and passengers.
But the bombs failed to go off sparing the city a repeat of the horrors of the 7/7 attacks, two weeks earlier.
(Reuters) - A second string of bombs on London transport two weeks after suicide strikes in 2005 were a genuine plot intended to kill and not a stunt, a lawyer for one of six men on trial in the case said.
Suspects in the second wave of bombs had previously claimed that they did not intend to kill, merely to cause panic.
But a lawyer for one of the six turned on the suspected bomb maker on Thursday, and said the goal was a strike that would have dwarfed the July 7 attacks that killed 52 commuters.
Four men convicted of the 21 July bomb plot have been imprisoned for life, with a minimum tariff of 40 years each.
Two men face a retrial over the 21 July bombings after a first jury failed to reach a verdict.
Manfo Kwaku Asiedu, 34, and Adel Yahya, 24, were accused of being part of the plot to bomb London two weeks after the 7/7 attacks in 2005.