It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Accuses the U.S. of Building a "New Berlin Wall"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Russia Accuses the U.S. of Building a "New Berlin Wall"

www.breitbart.com

A senior Russian government minister accused the United States on Sunday of building a "new Berlin wall" with its plans for a missile defence system in Central Europe that have infuriated Moscow.
"They are trying to push us into knocking heads with Europe... in order to create a new dividing line, a new Berlin Wall," first deputy prime minister Sergei Ivanov said in an interview on state-run Rossiya television.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The comparison of this proposed missile defense shield to the berlin wall is borderline insanity, the russians are getting ridiculous over this issue. I wonder if they are willing to go to war over this thing?

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I agree, comments like this are overblown.

But the missile shield un-does all the work done to end the coldwar.

Its not about having an ability, its about having an 'upperhand'

This missile defence right on Russia's doorstep gives america that in the 'imaginary' war sense.

I mean, would the USA allow russia to build an anti-missile shield in cuba??

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Did anyone ever have one brother or sister that kept trying to keep the peace, to calm arguments, and then yet another brother or sister that just kept on antagonizing their siblings?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
All of this plus The new aliance of US enemies is forming. Right now it's Iran, Venezuela and possibly Russia. I don't see this ending well at all...

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by acegotflows
All of this plus The new aliance of US enemies is forming. Right now it's Iran, Venezuela and possibly Russia. I don't see this ending well at all...

I think that's what most are thinking also, anti-American sentiment is at an all time high or so it seems, to the point where we see all these alliances forming against the U.S. where does it all end?? Bush and Putin both seem to have enough resolve to see this thing blossom into an armed conflict, we can only hope that one or the other will back down.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
i feel that the powers that be must enforce the idealogoy of an enemy to futher their agendas. it is through these means theat they are able to coerce billions of dollars.

all russia is to the west is a 'dog and pony show' and conversly the same is true for our brothers to east when they view the west.

new topics

top topics

join