It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are YOU waiting for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The AbovePolitics.com Campaign 2007 is?

While some of you may not be that interested in this experiment, consider the opportunity all of you have here.

Don't miss out, get involved, show the world how YOU would take on the job of a world super power's top elected leader.

Many discussions in the ATS and AP forums take on serious issues with national and international implications, and often members post amazing potential solutions, opinions, and information.

The campaign 2007 on AP is open to all, and is a great opportunity for everyone to have their voices heard, this forum is open to discussions. The content, debates, and discussions are important, and the outcome is up to those who choose to be involved. Show that you are not apathetic, get involved, make a difference.

While the end result will not change anything in the real world, there will be much to learn, and ultimately to better understand how the U.S. political system would work on a more international level.

No matter what country you are in, you can get involved in this, either by participating in the discussions in this forum, advocating for candidates you support, and even make a run for it yourselves. What have you to lose?

You don't have to run to add your input, to be heard, to make a difference!

How would you solve the world problems?

How would you deal with the war on terrorism?

If you were running for president of the United States, what party affiliation would you claim?

Can you outline your platform, and what reforms you would make top priority?

Pick an issue you are passionate about, open a discussion here, ask the candidates questions, take on the real issues, so that we may all have an opportunity to explore them together, perhaps in the end we may gain more form this than just an exchange of words.

So, what are YOU waiting for?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm up for the challenge and have posted a podcast with some of my views on a couple of subjects and welcome any comments from candidates and ATS members.

The thread is Campaign 2007 Questions for candidates podcast

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Those who have the real power will never face the voting public. You know that as well as I do.

The politicians vote as they are told to vote by those behind the scenes who give them money, who finance their day in the sun.

Politics is now nothing more than a popularity contest for whores. Who is the better pole dancer? Who can take your money for their pimps....

My view is jaded, I know. But it is grounded in reality.

Politics and politicians are not on your side, only you are. You better get used to that.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Politics and politicians are not on your side, only you are. You better get used to that.

All the more reason for people to get involved, speak out on critical issues, discuss, debate, and spread the word.

Apathy only perpetuates, and perhaps worsens the problems.

Remember, anyone can get involved in this Campaign 2007 event, while it may not change anything directly, it could help motivate people who otherwise are growing more apathetic to politics in general. But we should never forget that the ultimate power, is the people. If there are enough of us involved.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
right now i am working on a recap of my views and what i hope to achieve
its going to be my dossia

it will outline my views on the following

>Middle east
=Israel and Palistaine and how i would solve the problems
=Iran and the nuclear issue
=Arabs and Israel get Israel recognised and create neutral ground

>Home Land
=Education, the foundations of the country
=the huge debt
=Terrorists and their threats
=Political scandals and corruption
=Space exploration
=Military, increase pay for service men and women

> International Relations
=Trade
=Treatys
=Joint Ventures
=Climate change

it should be ready in a few days
have to ensure that its proof read and that its perfect

i will also be doing pod casts soon

and i will be challanging people to debates.

i have tried my best to be active in the political forums and will be again

[edit on 11-7-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It's time for a rant...........................

Only one candidate has responsed to my questions via a podcast!!!

Are the rest of the candidates interested in my vote?

Are the candidates in the ATS elections starting to mirror real life and not interesting in a diologue with the electorate??

If we are not engaged by the candidates, then why should we bother to cast our votes.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by Freedom ERP]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
It's time for a rant...........................

If we are not engaged by the candidates, then why should we bother to cast our votes.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by Freedom ERP]

That's unfortunate, because you've put together some pretty interesting questions (I listened to your podcast). But at the risk of sounding hard-nosed, I say, if you don't get a response to your questions, then I would not consider voting for them.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I dare say that the majority candidates answering via Podcast is not going to happen.

1. And I speak out of generality here, not all candidates are able to, be that do to lack
of hard/software or because they are not er literate in making them.

2. They may have really slow Internet and uploading one c/would take forever and a day.

3. They may not be vocal speakers, like me for instance, I talk verbally as little as possible,
since it's easier to type things out than it is to speak.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't think that he is asking that the candidates respond via podcast. He just happened to post his questions in a podcast.

I can see your point about the technology speedbumps that some members may face, but a response to his podcast thread could solve that, no?

a short minute later...

After re-reading his thread, he does indeed state his questions in the form of a thread reply.

So, no excuse.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I don't think that he is asking that the candidates respond via podcast. He just happened to post his questions in a podcast.

Well, he did say this.

So I make my assumption based on that.

Originally posted by jsobecky
After re-reading his thread, he does indeed state his questions in the form of a thread reply.

So, no excuse.

Well, there is an excuse if one is busy, but if one is going to be to busy to answer questions,
they really should'nt be running in the first place.

On an off note, I just realized I have'nt responded to his questions, so I am off to do so.

[edit on 7/20/2007 by iori_komei]

top topics

join