It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Got Everyone Interested in ETs and UFOs???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It was 1973, and I was 6 years old... first grade...yay... and we had just gotten our first library card... and I don't KNOW why to this day, but the first 3 books I checked out, were all on UFOs.... lots and lots of photos..... ever since then, I've had an interest, and done a minimal amount of research, and data collection from the public.... not to the scale that most UFOlogists do, but I've managed to collect quite a bit of things.... now if I can just find them all in a few of the hundreds of boxes I still have to unpack in my new house.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
President Truman talks about them back in the 50's

www.youtube.com...

Hollywood jumped on the band wagon right away and started popping out B rate movies back in the 50's and 60's.
People went crazy for these types of movies. Just think of your grandparents and parents spending weekends at the drive in theatre watching all of those classics like;
War of the Worlds , Invaders from Mars, The blob, The body Snatchers, Aliens from space, Invasion of mars, Battle in outer space, The beast w/ a million eyes, The beginning of the end, Beyond the time barrier, Cat women on the moon, The day mars invaded earth, The day the earth stood still, to name just a few.
It was a virtual plethora of mind numbing (but cool) Scifi movies that depicted the aliens quite the opposite of what writers like Spielberg later evolved into.
My point being, no matter what anyone tells you as to the personal origins of the UFO/E.T. phenomenon, you have to take into consideration the depths of the bombardment that happened back in the 50's and 60's. There were literally thousands of these movies put out in record numbers. And throw in the government deciding to be hush hush, well that only served to create a conspiracy of suspicion. I am not implying that there is nothing going on here that is quite unexplained, that would be the opposite of how I think and feel, I am simply attempting to answer your question with one possible reason.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I saw an ariel formation of 5 round silvery objects when I was a kid. They were stationary and formed on the points of a five pointed star. Scared the heck out of this snot nosed kid back in the 60's. Years later I finaly realized that I had several missing time episodes. I know there is more to this life than we can imagine, so I keep searching...searching...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
quest for knowledge.
the truth

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I watched the Disclosure Project National Press Club conference in 2004.
Then it went uphill from there

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join