It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Got Everyone Interested in ETs and UFOs???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
For me, it was when I was very young.. I lived on a farm in Iowa.. My older sister use to have 2 imaginary friends named Hark and blue. They use to play with my sister and I when I was really little. My sister has a better memory than I do about this.. Yet I still remember them playing and talking to me as a child. My mother is a very down to earth woman.
doesnt belive in out of this world stuff.. But she told me so many times on that farm she saw something hover over our house, and in a blink of an eye it shot straight up to the sky.. Now this was back in the 80's before my little sister was born.. When she was born we moved into the city, and neither me or my sister ever saw Hark or blue agin..
We moved on with our lives, and still sometimes wonder what that was all about to this day. We rarely talk about it, becasue out of fear of being noted the nutty ones, we just keep it personal. Thankfully ATS is here to let me get this stuff off my chest without the fear of being thrown out of my job or what I do in life, becasue Im a nut ball person who thinks my imaginary friends as a child where aliens.. Hehe sounds silly, but thats what got me started.... its a long road, and they have been with me all my life.. I have the needle scars on the back of my head behind my right ear to this day, so does my older sister.. Same marks, same feelings and dreams.. But we tend to just go on with our lives, and luck out with places like this where people can sit and just listen without just cause to judge me a looney..

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I cant believe the OP mentioned (the tv show) project blue book, I m pretty sure thats where my interest started. I ve never heard anybody else mention that show before. I d love to see some old episodes. When x-files came out, it was like - there was a show like this before! I was disapointed to learn years later that blue book was essentially a way to poo poo ufos.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KLSyesca
i was hooked right after i saw Close Encounters of the Third Kind as well as Star Wars and Battle Star Galactica and Buck Rogers...

Ditto! Me too. I first found myself drawn to this subject at a young age. My parents had brought me up to go to church on Sunday and stuff. I remember being so proud of my attendance pin showing I never missed a day of Sunday school. One day our Pastor was talking to me about the bible and Jesus, I asked him where were the dinosaurs' in the garden of Eden. His answer set me off religion. He said to me that in the God created earth in 6 days and rested on the seventh, but nobody knows how long those days were. He stuttered and stammered out more unrealistic answers that baffled me to the point I had to question the rest of the Bible. I have been searching ever since and to me EBE's make more sense to me then the Bible.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Way back in the sixties, I think it was when I read about and then saw a documentory on Betty and Barny Hill. I showed the article to my dad, he then 'told me' about project Blue Book, (he was in the RAF at the time and used to go on excerises to Nevada with his squadron of English Electric Lightning aircraft. (One of the best aircraft in my humble opinion).
A few years later he wrote enclosing an article from our local paper about a neighbor who was experimenting with his kids magnets and gyroscopes, apparently he made an apparatus that shot upwards through the garage roof!!
The article went on to say he had been offered a job in America and the family had relocated.
I have never knowingly seen a ufo, but had vivid dreams as a kid!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I first became interested when I was around 9 years old and I read the book "aliens among us" by ruth montgomery. (I was so young to be reading that book! I know! what can I say, I was a good reader...) At my young age, I was amazed by the thought of aliens, I was hooked ever since...

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Cool thread, cool stories, tell alot about a persons perspective here..

I had a German American Vietnam Veteran Named Wolfgang let me watch about 30plus Ufo videos in 1997 stuff like bob lazars video, "How the UFO fly" as well as the woman who can summon up UFO's as well as a bunch of other low budget 80s UFO pulpVHS tapes. Crazy stuff, I was immersed instantly. He told me he saw a ufo out his window in germany when he was a kid,1950s and his cousin saw it with him. They saw a disk weaving back and forth in the clouds out the top room window. He said they went downstairs and totally forgot about it for 20 years. He saw something on TV in the 80s and it brought it all back to him. Amazing individual, and amazing story. The next step down the rabbit hole was when I downloaded off the "internet"and printed out "The Omega File" and "Battles beneath the earth" and read them in horror!!!!haha It all went downhill from there haha.
2003 I personaly saw three UFO's in formation next to a cell tower appear and dissapear, girlfriend saw it dissapear as well. I also saw a "batwing" style drone fly by with a little red dot on each wing tip, the light was almost as dark as night but red, the "batwing" was 10-15ft tip, to tip and silent.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Here's a bit of history for you younger folk: When the Roswell incident happened on July 7th, 1947, the military investigated and found debris, saucer remains and even live and dead bodies of EBE's. The military did not have an official position on what to do about situations like this yet back in those days. So the base information officer reported what had happened to the news media. For 2 days the national media ran reports that a saucer of apparent other world origin had indeed crashed and that the military was investigating. On the 3rd day they retracted the saucer part and called it a weather balloon. So interested Americans nationally were led to believe in ETs at least for 2 days. It was enough to arouse national interest in the subject.
C2C had more information last night about the Walter Haut affidavit. Before Haut died he signed a witnessed affidavit saying that he was that public information officer at the base. That not one but 2 craft had crashed and been recovered as well as live and dead bodies. That the debris was not of earth origin. And that basically the whole Roswell story was perhaps even more amazing than modern documentary's report. Haut's affidavit has been scrutonized for several weeks and seems believable.
For me it was also neighbor's sometimes graffic reports about UFOs hanging out around the local missile silo facility guarding Strategic Air Command headquarters south of Omaha, NB.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
What sparked my interest was when I was very young. Me and my Family lived deep in the woods on a dirt road in a densely populated forest. One night when I was in my room and playing I remember looking out the window and seeing this weird lighted object that was stationary in the sky. It looked like it was hovering over the trees near our neighbors home. it had multiple lights with multiple colors emenating off of it. I remember watching it for a few minutes and it blinked out. that sparked my interest in UFO's.In my teens I was a avid watcher of the sky for the unknown. Ive seen many UFO's stationary and flying. Ive even seen UFO's being chased by F-16's" local ANG Unit" My dad has been in the Air Force And a member of the Local ANG Unit "A Pilot" I remember many of a times my dad getting called in the middle of dinner or even the night for a "Drill Flight Alert" yeah right! he never spoke of it but I kinda figured it out. I am in the Air Force now I now fly myself"C-130's" I have seeen wierd things in the sky over Pakistan flying missions for continuing missions supporting Afghanistan that I cannot explain. My crew would laugh it off by saying its a UFO sarcasticaly. but i really knew it was. So I know that we are being visited.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I don't even know, I just always have been interested in it.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The first thing which got me interesting was a video game named Deus Ex. This game was based on the conspiracies,mibs, illuminati, NWO, and so on. The game had the best storyline of any game I've ever played, even until now. The game even went so far as to include a area 51 with grey aliens and all. An intersting point made by wiki is that the game curiously excluded the towers in the NYC level backdrop texture.

NYC
www.deafgamers.com...

MIB
www.terragame.com...

10 years later and I feel like the world has changed so much. My whole reality has changed, for the better or worse idk. Its almost as if I wish I didn't know any of this stuff.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
What got me interested to be honest was watching satellites pass over us in the clear sky every night with my family in the Dominican Republic and actually seeing a meteority fall trough some clouds abd then go back UP into the clouds.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by miguelbmx]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
As soon as I learned how to read, at the age of 5 or 6, I got hold of my grandfathers UFO-magazines. Great read back in the day when the board didn't consist out of debunkers (like nowadays). The magazine was a nation-wide publication mostly treating domestic phenomena but also covered some incidents world-wide. It got me spooked, interested and hooked until today's date!

I had only one sighting, as a kid, that is why I treat that memory with caution since I know how kids make things up. It was nighttime in my old neighborhood and I was out playing with my friend. Then above us passed a big (twice the size of your regular helicopter) object at low altitude (about 50-80 meters above sea level) totally without sound. We just stood there with our mouths open. We ran back in and made crude sketches of what we had seen. It was probably nothing, and such a long time ago. I consider it a "maybe-possible-unlikely-but-not-entierly-unbelievable-sighting". After all, we were like 7 years old or something like that...

Ah, I still remember back in the day when we packed our backpacks and ventured up the nearest hill, armed with binoculars to go "UFO-hunting", ending up in the front yard eating up our supplies because we were too afraid of accually seeing something.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
To be completely honest, the thing that got me into ET and UFOs was religion. My family is all catholic and protestant, and I grew up learning about Jesus and God. When i was probably about 5 (yeah literally that young) I started thinking to myself, "That bible sounds like it was just made up, I dont think there is a Godly figure that controls our lives" and so I took then science route and ive been fascinated with science ever since, while most of my family is really into history, and knows close to nothing about science, except my cousin, we talk about science a lot. But Once I got into science, I kinda thought to myself we cant be the ONLY ones in the universe, its soooo massive, there has to be someone else.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
My mum actually got me interested in U.F.O's when she used to tell me the things she saw and heard as a kid living at a boarding school in Buxton, Derbyshire UK.
The view from her room window faced a forest in wich she often saw and heard strange things, including U.F.O's flying/ hovering above the trees (she saw one once actually go down directly into the forest). bright lights in the forest, the frequent screaming of a female (wich no-one ever investigated to her knowledge). She aslo told me of something metallic that she saw sticking out of the water when she sneaked up there once that wasent there again when she next snuck out.
She told me all this quite a number of years ago wich first sparked my interest. Then my Grandma told me of her sighting in wich a U.F.O hoverd above her for a while then took off fast when she was younger. Also my dad had a few books about U.F.O's and the pyramids wich i used to read, and he watched the X-Files alot wich he used to let me watch with him before bed.
Then when i got a bit older i kinda forgot about it all for a few years untill i saw one myself when i was around 14-15 one Sunday morning, so it made me interested in them again. But now im more fascinated by the unknown in space rather than on earth.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
For me, it was when I was very young.. I lived on a farm in Iowa.. My older sister use to have 2 imaginary friends named Hark and blue. They use to play with my sister and I when I was really little. My sister has a better memory than I do about this.. Yet I still remember them playing and talking to me as a child. My mother is a very down to earth woman.
doesnt belive in out of this world stuff.. But she told me so many times on that farm she saw something hover over our house, and in a blink of an eye it shot straight up to the sky.. Now this was back in the 80's before my little sister was born.. When she was born we moved into the city, and neither me or my sister ever saw Hark or blue agin..
We moved on with our lives, and still sometimes wonder what that was all about to this day. We rarely talk about it, becasue out of fear of being noted the nutty ones, we just keep it personal. Thankfully ATS is here to let me get this stuff off my chest without the fear of being thrown out of my job or what I do in life, becasue Im a nut ball person who thinks my imaginary friends as a child where aliens.. Hehe sounds silly, but thats what got me started.... its a long road, and they have been with me all my life.. I have the needle scars on the back of my head behind my right ear to this day, so does my older sister.. Same marks, same feelings and dreams.. But we tend to just go on with our lives, and luck out with places like this where people can sit and just listen without just cause to judge me a looney..

Zysin...this is an excellent story. If you are comfortable, feel free to share some of the dreams and/or other rememberances.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
These were some excellent stories! I really didn't no what to expect when I stared this thread; but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about everyone's sightings and events.

A big 'Thank You' to everyone who took the time to post their encounters. I only wish that I had some story to share...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The most realistic way to descibe the whole abduction and contactee deal would be a combination of the movies and books called Fire in the Sky and Communion...
Fire in the sky was a bit over dramatic in my opinion...
Reading those books will give you a heads up...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My grandfather, Space 1999(cheesy, I know but it hit me like a wet sock), Star Trek, my grandfather, my grandfather, my grandfather.

My grandfather was always in awe of everything right up until he died, Chariots of the Gods set him on fire and that flame was passed on to me and now I carry the torch. He, my grandmother, Mom and Aunt lived outside a little town in NY by Lake Erie. Mom tells me that they as a family used to go out at night in the 1940's and 1950's, sit with their gingersnaps and lemonade and watch these little red balls way high up "dogfight" each other for hours night after night in the skies of western NY.

I guess you could say that my grandfather was somewhat predispositioned to have an interest in the odd and unknown because of events like this before I was born.

Never had a sighting worth a damn myself (not worth publically mentioning anyhow, I figure that if you dont have proof keep your mouth shut. eh?), probably never will but I keep looking just like my grand dad told me to when I was young. Now I'm 45 and have a set of grandkids to warm up to these ideas. This is going to be fun.....

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ever since the triangle ufo wave in Belgium/Holland/Germany occured i was instantly hooked.On the ufo part that is.Ufo's could be anything, experimental craft, natural causes and off course ET's
ET's is a different thing but it is a very interesting topic to discuss.I cant stop thinking about how it would be on other planets in the galaxy.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This thread continues to have some great stories and experiences posted to it. Thanks to everyone for contributing.

After first being 'introduced' to UFOs with the 'Bluebook' shows, I then began looking up books at my local library. From that research I then came upon the Roswell and Betty and Barney Hill events. These two events really fired up my interest in UFOs and ETs. It seems that Roswell and the Hill abduction are two of the UFO events that seem to be standing the test of time.

The latest story to really grab my attention was the O'Hare sighting last winter.

Now if I could only see one of the little buggers myself someday!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join