It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thieving Crackhead Scum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My neighborhood isn't the best. Cars get broken into regularly here. I've been in my building for just over a year, and hadn't been broken into before ... until last night.

I thought I had a charmed existence. I thought, maybe the two kid car seats in the back are keeping the scum from bugging me -- sometimes they skip family folks in favor of singles.

But nooooo.

I go downstairs this morning to take my daughter to school and my passenger window has been busted. Of all the things in the car to take, two car seats for the kids, change in the dish, digital voice recorder, stereo (faceplate was under the dash), registration, CDs -- all they took was my disabled parking placard.

I just got the new one a few weeks ago - it was good until 2009. Which is probably why they took it and not my old one, which was due to expire.

They'll get maybe $5 to $10 for it. It's going to cost me $260 to replace the window. I have to put it on my credit card, as this month the car insurance is due, too, and I can't afford to pay for both out of my meager monthly stipend.

I'm so PISSED!!!!!!!! During the day there's nowhere to park on my street that isn't metered, and I'm not running downstairs to feed the meter with my laundry quarters all day long.

Luckily one of my neighbors saw what had happened. He has a placard, but no car, and lent me his so I can park in the blue zone out front until I get my replacements. I asked him what if they stole his placard too, and he said not to worry about it.

I got smart, though. Instead of ordering a replacement placard that can be stolen again, I ordered permanent license plates. They'll have to be wandering around with a socket wrench to get use of those, and they usually don't do that.

Now I have to wait a minimum of two weeks before I get my plates.

Freaking crackhead scum. I asked the apartment management if we couldn't hire a sniper to sit on the roof, but they said no.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Anyone that commits the crime of theft should be hung up from the nearest tree and made in to a human (that spanish thing they smack the crap out of at partys)!

The last car I had in the UK got broken in to, and all the tossers took was the change in the ash tray and my sunglasses that only had one arm. There was a bottle of vodka under the passengers seat and about 30 CD's in the glove box!

My first car also got done and the fudgers took all my college work for my A level graphics and along with it all my tech drawing stuff, squares and compasses and stuff. My Grandfather had given them to me, they were his and were really freakin old!!

Theft is often more painful that being beaten. I'm totally empathizing with ya right now.

The fudgers, hope they buy some bad crack and fall off the planet.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It really sucks when some loser breaks in and takes stuff -- especially stuff that means something to you, like your drawing tools.

I could have gone without the placard, though it will be a PITA until the replacement comes, it's the having to replace my window at such a cost that really gets my goat.

Thanks, ChiKey.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You've got my sympathy. Nothing makes you feel violated like someone breaking in to your house or car and stealing something.

I've been lucky up to now. Once about 15 years ago, I had a wheel stolen off my car in a parking lot. They jacked it up, stole the wheel, and left the hubcap with the lug nuts next to the car. The car had been lowered onto a cinder block.

This was in the middle of downtown in broad daylight. Had I caught them in the act... it would have been bad. I was thankful they left the lugnuts. At least I was able to put the spare on and drive to the Tire Barn.

People are having enough trouble getting by then something like this happens. Here locally, the big furor is over the new property tax assessment. The state legislature can do way more damage than a dozen gangs of crackheads.

At least the crackheads have a lame excuse.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I suppose, but the legislature isn't mugging my neighbors when they walk around the neighborhood after dark. Sigh.

Still waiting for the glass company. Only an hour left of their appointment window. Grrrrrr....

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yay! My window's fixed.

I hope it doesn't get smashed in for my neighbor's placard before my license plates come. I can't afford another $260.

I think I know who did it, too. I've seen the scumbag trying to jimmy open other cars parked out front. So if I see his wool-cap, insulated jacket-wearing cracked out self around in the future, I'll just call the rollers on him.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ugh, what a jerk! Hopefully one day you findout who did it and they get in trouble. Karmas a *itch

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Sadly, I think actually being a crackhead is punishment enough.

Too bad it's punishment for everyone else as well as the crackhead. :shk:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Maybe the crack won't be good crack

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I feel ya man. My van was broken into a few months ago. They cut all the plug wires and the vacuum line. However all the doors were locked, and the only way to get under the hood is if you can get in and pull the lever, which makes me think it was my dad, who I haven't talked to in over 5 years but thats another story.
We got new plug wires, but not a vacuum line, so my wind shield wipers don't work. But at least the van runs, just hope it doesn't rain when I drive it.
About 13 years ago when I was 10 years old, someone drove by and shot the back window and side window out, my poor van has been through a lot.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
ughhh i hate sketchy peeps like that..thats weird just taking the disabled place card..all lame! sorry to hear about this

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
That is just horrid. I feel for you and it seems so pointless. I hate when someone breaks into your car just to steal. I know how you feel, just recently I am visiting my sister in Denver and some neighboring skater kids took all the air out of all cars out front and keyed them broke some windows. Who knows why. A few miles away some kids jumped a woman beat her up and stole from her. I wonder if they were on drugs. Anyway I am sorry to hear what happened to you and you are stuck having to pay. Hope everything works out for you or they catch them.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
My car was broken into twice when I live in some apartments a couple years ago. First time, they smashed the window and took the radio. What's sad/amusing is that it didn't even work.

After a month I replaced it with a crappy $40 radio that didn't even have pre-set stations. My dad's old 1970 truck radio was better than that. Did that prevent it from being broken into? Of course not. A few months later they broke the window, took the radio, but this time they tried to seal the car. The whole ignition switch was torn off the steering column. What the theif didn't know (And I found out) was that the ignition switch was a complicated switch with about 15 contacts and springs. Only one tiny screw held the fragile switch together. It was in a metal housing so when they ripped the metal housing off they destroyed the complicated switch. Engineering genius. Of course I still had to spend a few hundred to get the thing working again.

As a bonus they stole my collection of mostly contemporary Christian CDs. Isn't that almost as bad as stealing Bibles?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
No offense, dbates, but I can't see the point of stealing Christian music or Bibles. But I'm sure you guessed that already. LOL

I heard a big ruckus in the street yesterday, screaming and carrying on about 10 a.m. Some lady couldn't get her car started. A male friend came out to try, popped the hood, then I heard him bellowing, "The battery is gone! All there is are the cables! No wonder this wouldn't start!"

now I'm paranoid my brand new battery will be stolen. I just had to replace it because the old one was rotting.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
No offense, dbates, but I can't see the point of stealing Christian music or Bibles. But I'm sure you guessed that already. LOL

That was a long-running joke in my family. My dad used to say "Lock the (car) doors or someone will steal my Bible."
Every now and then someone would lose their Bible somewhere and we'd just say, "Somone must have stole it." To this day I imagine the guy who stole the CDs probably thought he was ripped off.

I just remembered that I had 2 Ziggy Marley POD CD in there as well. I miss the Ziggy. :-(

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Christian music is pretty big, I bet the guy took them to a used CD store for a few bucks. I can sort of see why certain countries cut off thieves hands. I really really get it.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Major,

I feel your pain. the building I live in has two in house crack dealers. the crack head roam around the neighborhood looking for easy things to steal so they can get the last 5 bucks they need to get their hit. Someone tried kicking in my apt. door to steal all my musical equipment. The dead bolt stopped them but still all the witnesses say the guy looked like one of the local crackheads. The crackheads have also broken into cars in the parking lot of our building. number 1 item stolen from these cars? quarters small change and dollar bills. damn crack heads I seriously hate them. screw them and their BS crack addled problems. One crack head was chasing one of my neighbors who was walking his dog down the street on a bicycle with a broken brick threatening to hit him with it.

Crackhead outbreak worse than a zombie outbreak. whats that game where you are locket in a shopping mall and you have to fight zombies with anything you can find? Cause they need to make a game like that too where there are crackheads that you have to deal with instead of zombies.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

As a bonus they stole my collection of mostly contemporary Christian CDs. Isn't that almost as bad as stealing Bibles?

LOL
Maybe it was a religious thief?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
BP, I'd totally play a first person shooter that was based on crackheads instead of zombies. Might make me feel better about having to pay off more money on my credit card.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Crackhead outbreak worse than a zombie outbreak. whats that game where you are locket in a shopping mall and you have to fight zombies with anything you can find? Cause they need to make a game like that too where there are crackheads that you have to deal with instead of zombies.

That is a brilliant idea for a game!

Thieves are the worst, I absolutely hate people who think they're entitled to steal whatever they like. I sincerely hope that anyone who breaks into another person's car/house will meet karma. And by karma, I mean a metal pipe to the face.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join