It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anbody Aware of this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It seems Lockheed Martin and Bae have been working on the FCS projects for a while, yet i couldn't find any mention of their projects apart from a site i just past by per-chance. I crossed upo a pic of their version of the recon variant of FCS (note that the turret is unmanned and the hull has place for three crew members).

And i must say that their design is a lot more mature than anything by UDLP (United Defense-Bofors), or GDLS (General Dynamics-GM Canada) apart from the NLOS platform (all they've done are draw concept pics and build the test chassis).

looks like its armed with the MK44 or Bushmaster III 35/50 supershot.

It also seems that Lockheed is working on the MEFFV (Marine Expeditionary Family of Fighting Vehicles), or so I think because their the only ones with an EM gun requirement.

BLOS

NLOS

Weird.

Site: www.missilesandfirecontrol.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
like the title says it looks cool and no i was not Aware

but the weird periscope is kind of hard to miss!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Check the site they have a pic of their recon thing in the middle of trees, the periscope really looks like its in its element.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
nice stuff.

very informative.

but i dont like the FLAT noses.

head on shots really SUCK!

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I kinda missed that, they'd probably add ERA or additional armour, but that defeats the purpose of a light recon vehicle. In any case advances in ceramics and modular weapon systems may provide for a protective measure if the mistake of a flat lower glassis plate isn't corrected.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GabRaz
I kinda missed that, they'd probably add ERA or additional armour, but that defeats the purpose of a light recon vehicle. In any case advances in ceramics and modular weapon systems may provide for a protective measure if the mistake of a flat lower glassis plate isn't corrected.

they better have era or that is on EXPENSIVE peice of trash after one shot.

new topics

top topics

join