It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Mall Being Evacuated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

National Mall Being Evacuated

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON — U.S. Park Police evacuated thousands of people from the National Mall in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday afternoon, as severe weather interrupted July Fourth festivities.

Officials were expecting as many as 500,000 visitors to the National Mall for the annual national fireworks display. The annual July Fourth concert featuring national acts was also on hold.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The National Mall is being Evacuated because of a possible Tornado???

There is a storm in the area, but D.C has NEVER had a Tornado in its long history.

Since When Do we evacuate 500,000 people on the remote speculation of a possible tornado???

Does anyone else smell Something Fishy???

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It sounded fishy to me too, but when I googled 'tornadoes Washington D.C.' there are entries, here is one:

tornado touches down in D.C. 9/24/2001

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
There is a storm in the area, but D.C has NEVER had a Tornado in its long history.

I'm in the same tornado watch as DC. The radar was showing one very strong cell coming into the city.

There HAVE BEEN tornadoes around DC. Inside the beltway.

Just because there haven't been tornadoes on the National Mall before doesn't mean it can't happen. We ARE in a tornado watch and there are some severe cells in the area.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Um.

No where does it say 500k people where evacuated. It said thousands.. who where asked to leave. They cannot actually "make you leave" public property but it is strongly advised and they are helping people seek shelter..

There is a big storm moving into the area, its a health hazard obviously and they are taking PRECAUTIONS because if they where not, you would probably be making a thread about the incompetence of the government.

500k are expected to show up for the festivities which are not until about 9:30 - 10pm anyways. Just asking the early folks to seek shelter.

Then again, if something happens Ill eat my shorts.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Oh wow the British aren't invading again are they?

Tornado and the Burning of Washington

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
radar.weather.gov...

This is the radar loop for the area. Big storms are all around and expected.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Only now do you evacuate a mall because of a possible tornado.

They'll hang onto anything that will cause some panic or concern. :shk:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Ummm. I am in the south eastern part of Pa and it has been down pouring for the last 2 hours. So it is understandable that they would do this. It is pretty much raining sideways, very strong winds indeed.

Nothing to panic about.

top topics

join