It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
For many years I've been aware that my dreams are very detailed, and that I am able (about 50% of the time) to control them, after a fashion.

I have a couple of recurring dreams which I can't control at all, and these leave me quite frightened when I have them, as they are disturbing - these have been recurring for about 25 years as near as I can fathom.

In other dreams, which I can control, it's more like enforcing my will on the dream than actually making a conscious(?) decision - I can steer the subject matter into area's that I either want them to be, or away from potential nightmares (which I get a lot of).

I've been wondering about this for a long time, and wondered if anyone had a method for assuming more control, more of the time.

I do intend to do some research into this, but thought I'd try for a bit of ATS feedback first.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have lucid dreaming also sometime, sometime im between sleep and awake, either i dont know exactly if im lucid dreamimg or just deep relaxations, the fact is, that the humam mind is capable of very lucid dreaming etc, you must just train them.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I found an effective method for me. By both writing a subject mater down and placing an item on the night stand I would then think of that item as I relaxed to sleep. Once in the dream if I found it easy to guide the dream into the pre-written subject and also to bring the item into my dream. I started with the pen I had written with. The only short coming I found was that if I controlled the dream too much/often in a short period of time I would wake up. I also found it easier to pick up a dream where I left off. I also found writing down the dreams while they were fresh when I woke-up helped gain control. Very nice to kick the bad guys around and win the women. Give it a try and let me know of any techniques you find. We spend so much time sleeping we might as well make the best of it. Shalom.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have also found that use of the computer prior to sleep made getting to sleep more dificult.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by Comforter]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
when you become lucid in the dream, if you want better control you can try using verbal commands. Just say out loud in a stern voice "increase lucidity" while intending for your level of conscious awareness to increase. You can also use other commands like "increase clarity" or "increase awareness", these commands work with basically anything, if you find yourself in trouble for example you can just say out loud "STOP!" or "FREEZE!" and everything going on in the dream should stop in the spot leaving you free to wander.

Another good way to increase lucidity is to do 3 simple tests each and every time you become lucid. Make these tests up yourself but they should be things like:
Q1: what did i do today?
Q2: what am i doing tomorrow?
Q3: what was my goal for this lucid dream?
you could also try doing a couple of simple math questions. The point is to make you stop for a second to gather yourself together and take it all in. When you do this each and everytime you become lucid it gives you the chance to stop and think for a few seconds and become more conscious.

Another thing i like to do when i first become lucid, is to look around. Really take in the scenary look how colourfull and real it looks. Bend down and pick up some sand or feel the grass in your fingers, feel the texture. That sort of thing.

I've also found that the more lucid powers you use the more consciously aware you become. So if you try out a bit of telekinesis, then fly around for a bit, then try and make some fireballs and things like that, the more powers you try to use, the more lucid you become.

And with the recurring dream thing... this could be a good cue for you to become lucid. If it is something that happens in real life then just do a reality check when your in that situation. And before you goto bed, think to yourself "ok i know theres a good chance i will have this same dream again tonight, but this time when it happens im going to realise and change it", then fall asleep with that intent in your mind.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Another thing to try increase lucidity and it has worked for me before is trying to spin around in a circle. Also looking at your hands is another one...

Also. I got a couple hypnosis files created a while ago to help increase lucid dreaming. It's a curse file meant to be for the rest of ur life, etc, but doesn't have that long term potential, lol...

But yes i found they helped, especially the Cursed Lucid Dreaming #2 file.

Anywyas. Those files are found at a website and you can download the files for free...

just go www.warpmymind.com

A very good hypnosis site there anyways...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I been having lucid dreams since I was a kid, I always fly to get away from things chasing me,trying to kill me etc. I can also make weapons appear out of the blue to defend myself.

I was not aware that there was a technical or medical term for this until today, so I am glad that I'm not crazy like I always thought for being able to control my dreams. Does anybody knows why this happens? Does it happen to everybody?

[edit on 10-7-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I have lucid dreams about twice a week now, I recall my regular dreams pretty much every night. Writing a dream journal is probably the best thing I have done for myself in this subject. I wish I had some kind of reality check that worked for me, but during my dreams I totally forget to do them. I wish I had a better system for becoming lucid at whim, but I don't know. I am pretty happy that I dream a lot either way. But it is certainly something that you can do so check it out.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I haven't tried quantifying how many times a week lucid dreams occur - but they stick in the mind a lot more, that's for sure.

I'd really like to be able to induce lucid dreams, and have tried meditation and some self hypnosis, which (so far) haven't worked.

I'm going to wait until I have my recurring dream and see if the techniques here work - keep you posted.

new topics

top topics

join