It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a private screening of Transformers last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
hey everyone...its been a looong time since my last anything. I have, however, been in the background reading all of the interesting threads. and i must say...the chad drone...and the ones that followed it... i have followed rather closely...

anywho....i would like to officially drop my two cents in the bucket.

ive waited and waited because i am not a cg expert and therefore couldnt lend an honest opinion. and sometimes my thoughts would be posted before i can post myself! which is cool in a way...to see we as a community can be on the same wavelength sometimes.

ok...so that was the potatoes.......now to the meat....

last night i saw a private screening of transformers. i went with a bunch of friends who know nothing about the " drones "....so i was left to contain my emotion and curiosity and figure things out in silent..

as we waited on line i desperately ( yet...NOT obviously ) tried to " tune in " to other conversations going on around me just to see if anyone else had my intentions in mind...if anyone else knew about the drones and its possible relation to the movie.

my efforts were in vain...all i got was a bunch of side conversations and the overall hope that the movie would be a good one.

ok...so off we went...sat down...got comfortable...

i made a point to sit DEAD CENTER in my row...approximately DEAD CENTER in the theater...i really did have the best seat in the house. i also made a point to sit next to two people who i know i wouldnt be talking much to. not that i wanted to be rude...i just didnt want to miss ANYTHING...so i sat next to a total stranger and a cousin of one of my friends.

i reached in my pocket...set my phone to silent ( which is a sidekick 3 ) and decided that if i saw ANYTHING i was too IMMEDIATELY snap a photo ( @ 1.3 mp ) and when the movie was done start up a thread via sidekick until i got home...

as you can see it is the following day and i am creating this thread.

i will start off by saying....regardless of the possible viral marketing scheme ( which i will go into in a bit ) this movie was EXCELLENT !!!

Transformers does not need any boost whatsoever to garner attention because word of mouth will take their revenue where they want it to go.

the audience was great as well. we all clapped and shared the same state of awe when it came to the action sequences and special effects. there was a surprising dash of humor that i felt perfectly complimented the movie and from the first five minutes till the very very end...it was NON STOP...

now....on too the " bad " stuff...

although i do not have a photographic memory. i do not recall seeing ANYTHING that related to the " drones " in fact....the transformers themselves .. were more complex than anything ive seen in movies or in real life and they made the "drones " look like nothing more than your average rubics cube.

yes there is alien writing in the movie..in the form of subtitles...which then transform into english...so we can understand ( not through the whole movie though ) but none of it even closely resembled the reverse japanese katana gibberish on the c2c photos. ( if it is even that katana stuff )

there wasnt ANYTHING in the movie that was stationary...moving...or transforming that resembled any of the drone crafts in any way shape or form.

and during the entire movie...nothing was seen hovering...or photographed by humans.( except for two parts )...everything was a surprise. even to us watching the movie.

so there you have it...im not gonna say im 100% on this...cuz there could be something i may have missed...or overlooked....but my opinion is..

the drones and the transformers have NOTHING to do with each other.

id love to answer questions but i would rather you see the movie first...i dont want to spoil anything for anyone.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Just to second the movie review.

One of my employee's was lucky enough to see a pre-screening last night at midnight and today he was shocked at how good this movie really is. And since he is a medical nerd as I..I trust his view. He said that this movie took special effects to another level and that it will be hard to duplicate. So the 4th I will close my lab and spend the afternoon spanning back to my youth where I use to spend countless hours combating with my transformers sounds like we have another movie that could spawn off some cool follow ups in the next few years. I do have some news to for those who don't know THERE WILL BE (2) MORE TRANSFORMER MOVIES.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
My girlfriend's really looking forward to seeing this with me...........NOT!

She really has no choice in the matter. We'll catch it sometime this week. I can't wait, it's going to be epic!

Peace

JbT

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Thx for the review.

I too had a co-worker tell me basically the same thing as tsloan.

Said he was surprised how awsome it was. That they must have spent TONNES of cash on the special effects, and that he simply cannot wait for the next one.

Said, basically compairs to like the first Matrix or LoTR in quality and shock value.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I've just came back from seeing the Transformers movie which to me ranked higher than the recent spiderman 3 movie in terms of action.The cgi in this movie past my expectations and gave a more mature view of the show we grew up watching,I just feel like going back to the theatre to watch it again cause it's"more than meets the eye".
:shk:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Thank you for the post but we already have a thread discussing Transformers.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Please post any further comments on the existing thread.

top topics

join