It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Voices on the Bomb attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Muslim Voices on the Bomb attacks

news.bbc.co.uk

Some British Muslims fear they may be branded as terrorists - in spite of the fact that none of the people arrested by detectives investigating the failed car bombings at Glasgow airport appears to be British.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I guess this is a kind of balance item. We see so many people on ATS say "why don't muslims ever speak out against terror?" - well theres a few here doing exactly that in the wake of the failed London bombings and the failed attack on Glasgow airport.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Nefermore.

Since I'm one of those voices you were refering to, I thought I'd say only: It's not the people on the street I, personally, was refering to, it was the so called moderate leadership, this is a good thing make no mistake. If more and more speak out, perhaps the leadership will begin to speak out, or more correctly, speak out more than they have.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   

"I do not feel safe in this country. On the one hand I have to worry about terrorists' attacks, and on the other hand I have to worry about having my house being raided on the guesswork of being a terrorist. "To top all this, the foreign policy of this country targets my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters in Iraq and Afghanistan to mention a few."

neformore - This is from one of the comments from the link you have provided. This aptly expresses the anxiety of Muslims in US and UK. But don't you see the probable reason for this statement? Don't you see the defiance. This guy is a British Citizen probably but he is worried more about his ' fellow Muslim brothers and sisters' as comapred to the country he is residing in. You have to go to such people's countries to understand the venow that they spew against all humanity. These comments come out when they are pushed to the wall. Thanks for the thread.It's good to know that there are some Muslims out there who are 'atleast' saying these things.

I'am neither an Anti - Islamist fascist nor a demon. I'am just an observer.

AryanWatch

[edit on 5-7-2007 by AryanWatch]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It is good and brave of them to say this. I hope to hear more of it in the future. Self-criticism is the only way to make progress.

[edit on 7/5/2007 by Togetic]

join