It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Theorist and The Wanna-Bee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have to admit it. I read ATS A LOT more than I post.

Recently I have come to realize that there is A LOT of crazy SHEET on ATS! By crazy sheet, I mean crazy posts... by result of crazy people?

Really what is going on in the world today? Do these people have no lives, do they not work for money, are they government sponsored dis-info agents...
or are they just total rejects of society whacked out of the mind?

I'm not going to sit here and go in to detail with post after post example. Those who relate with me know what I mean. This place is a zoo! It's like its almost as if the Third Reich did win the war and we are all imprisoned in front of a computer.

I would say that half the posts/people on ATS are actually talking about something that makes a little sense. The other half are almost creating conspiracies to talk about.

To sum this up I say ATS needs to bring back the deny ignorance stance...
really... double-you-tee-eff. TY

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Wise man once say "Who's the more foolish: The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
While i understand your sentiments, i would rather sort through all the crazy stuff to incite free thought.

I have heard some doozy's, too....you just move on if you disagree and let them believe what they wish.

i will say some crazy stuff, too. i "think out loud" and brainstorm by bouncing ideas off of others for input.

don't be too quick to deride the "crazy" folks.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I am 100% with Techsnow on this one. I welcome crazy theories, unconventional propositions and mad beliefs, however, only when the aim of the thread is to derive a solution or explanation via discourse with ATS members, or to relate a personal experience to just get "stuff" out there.

As it has been said, sifting through the items that appear totally unfounded is useful if even the smallest nugget of information is mined as a result of that process.

What I am against is the promotion of ideas on ATS simply as a process of science fiction writing, where an author presents no basis of fact and/or is not willing to accept criticism or present a disclaimer that such a thread is invention and represents what "could be".

Yes, we can make a decision to "ignore" threads that fall into such a category, but the point is that some of these threads actively promote ignorance, for what purpose we can only imagine (although I would suggest that they are largely "ego" based). The point is, the material in question reflects on ATS (whether fairly or not) and creates a bandwagon that others start to jump on. Next thing you know, it is just a site for submission of science fiction short stories.

Is there anything to be done?

I don't agree with censorship in this scenario, although I would suggest a rating method that allows a thread to be judged by the ATS community, judged by peers if you will.

Anyway, good to see that there are plenty of earnest people out there who really do want to deny ignorance!

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I don't think anyone should judge.

Many things still in this day and age are from theory and some of these well known theories in past times have been proven wrong.

People need to put forth things that don't have proof other wise there is no chance of anything evolving.

Sometimes the things that make sense are senseless and the things that are out there are right on the mark.

Everyone should have the right to express themselves as long as it is not insulting or hurting another.

There will always be people that know what they are talking about and others that won't know what they are talking about but they should have the right to share and be heard.

top topics

join