It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A - Z of Medical Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well as the title suggests: oh come on people you all know how to play.

Try to give a little insight in to the problem, so we can all learn a little something as we go eh!

A - Anal warts

www.fascrs.org...

Do these warts always need to be removed?

Yes. If they are not removed, the warts generally grow larger and become more and more numerous. In addition, there is evidence that these warts can become cancerous if left untreated for a long time.

Well that should give you all something to think about.

B is next.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Sounds fun! I'll play.

Blepharitis

I never heard of this until my opthamologist diagnosed me with it. Now I understand why my eyes are always so itchy.

But I don't like the only treatment: washing daily with baby shampoo. I don't care if it says no more tears, it still stings.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Somehow, I don't think this thread will go over very well. :shk:

can't think of a "C", but I wanted to put my two cents in here.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Humph, don't be a party pooper M32. LOL

Conjunctivitis

Let this be a lesson kiddies! Always wash your hands before playing with your eyes.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Dog Bite

This is when you get bit by a dog. It could be any size dog really. Anything from a miniature Chihuahua all the way up to a Great Dane. The Chihuahua would be more apt to bite than the Dane. Great Dane's are very friendly.....

E is next.......

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
D is for Dead

You have the most serioius of medical problems that is: nothing is working.

You may move on to a better place, or a hole in the ground or an oven, however you wish to see it, but it's curtains for your earthly existance.

E is next...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Elephantiasis

Out of control edema in the extremities leads to gross swellings and skin deformation.

Joseph Merrick, the Elephant Man, being the most famous sufferer of this malady.

"I am not an animal! I'm a human being!"

F coming at you ...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Frog Wart

This is when you get a wart from kissing a frog. Hey ladies: THEY DON'T TURN INTO PRINCES!!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Gonorrhea.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hairy Shaker Disease.

Congenital disorder of lambs caused by a virus closely related to bovine viral diarrhoea.

Not really sure if humans can get this, but I'm in China so it's quite possible I should keep my eyes open for this one. (and it sounds funny!)

I is next.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I is for Intracranial haemorrhage.

The escape of blood in to the cranium, frequently forming haematoma: a collection of blood, usually clotted.

J is up next!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Jaundice

Jaundice is not a disease but rather a sign that can occur in many different diseases. Jaundice is the yellowish staining of the skin and sclerae (the whites of the eyes) that is caused by high levels in blood of the chemical bilirubin. The color of the skin and sclerae vary depending on the level of bilirubin. When the bilirubin level is mildly elevated, they are yellowish. When the bilirubin level is high, they tend to be brown.

www.medicinenet.com...

I had jaundice with Hep B once. I was shocked to see how yellow my eyes became, not to mention the rest of me.

On to K ...

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I give this thread life, so that it can be closed.

It wasn't a very good game, although I did learn a thing or two along the way.

Goodbye sweet thread, goodbye.

MonKey

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Maybe this thread can be rescued with a moral statement concerning the Medical Porfession so I won't be quite so pointless.

In the sick room, ten cents' worth of human understanding equals ten dollars' worth of medical science. ~Martin H. Fischer

Do you think this will work?

K....Kerrytosis

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
These types of thread are not allowed on BTS.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
BelowTopSecret.com was created because general "off-topic" chit-chat was growing on ATS, and we needed to find a way to offer a "lounge" to relax with our friends when not focusing on the more serious topics on ATS.

However, all of the efforts of tone, civility, and decorum which as made ATS what it is today still applies on BelowTopSecret.com. This domain was created to provide members with an off-topic place to relax, not a place to engage in pointlessness.

As a result, we will no longer allow the simplistic "post in my thread" type threads anywhere on BTS. We'll be closing these threads, and trashing any new ones that pop up.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Thanks for understanding.

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

join