It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza Hamastan:"Christians must accept Islamic law"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Looks like a taliban type rule in Hamastan.This should be no surprise,what did you would happen. Christians in Gaza will be "dealt with harshly".Under Islamic law they are dhimmis,meaning they must "feel themselves subdued".Sharia,which is what the Islamofacists would like to subject the entire world to.The taliban was their perfect society.Islam is the religion,the way of life,the law,the state.The everything.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by rdang]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Jpost quoting Worldnutdaily. Great news article and it must be a fact since its printed by worldnut. A Zionist government that favors Jewish people critisizing a Muslim government that favors Muslims...how quaint. LOL

Both hypocrites.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Whatever your misgivings as to the subjectivity of the source PieMan, they do quote and interview with Sheik Abu Saqer, leader of Jihadia Salafiya as the source.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Whatever your misgivings as to the subjectivity of the source PieMan, they do quote and interview with Sheik Abu Saqer, leader of Jihadia Salafiya as the source.

I somehow doubt that a right wing Christian-arab owned paper like worldnut would be first to break this kind of news somehow. Farah is totally anti-muslim and 100% pro-israel. Dont quote me but I think his family had something to do with the Christians who helped Israel back in the 80s the Phalangists its either that or supports them fully.

These kind of people are the ones perpetuating things not only in Lebanon because of their prejudices against Muslims but for the Palestinians as well.

Like I said in another thread. I had a Palestinian Christian in here the other day who said yes the Muslims are bad, but he said Israel treated them much worse.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I always find it sorta sad and funny how Islam, this powerful big religion, is so paranoid about other religions that they have to restrict them in this modern age.

For a "true" religion like Islam shouldn't it be able to hold it's own vs other religions out there without having to resort to bascially preventing other religions from growing and/or establishing? You don't see many Christian or Buddist nations making it a crime for other religions to speak in public or try to convert others do you? Are they afraid that Muslims will convert?
It's always seemed rather odd to me.

Can a Muslim here in ATS speak to that?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
For a "true" religion like Islam shouldn't it be able to hold it's own vs other religions out there without having to resort to bascially preventing other religions from growing and/or establishing? You don't see many Christian or Buddist nations making it a crime for other religions to speak in public or try to convert others do you? Are they afraid that Muslims will convert?
It's always seemed rather odd to me.

Can a Muslim here in ATS speak to that?

I could of swore they do not allow Prostelyzing in Israel as well.

My cousin converted from Maronite Christian to Evangelical and now he does Missions to Lebanon to convert the Muslims. I think hes nuts. I dunno why people can't just leave well enough alone. Its not as bad as you are trying to make it out to be. Maybe in countries like Saudi Arabia but in other countries in the ME proper its not as bad as you claim. Lots of different religions all over the ME.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

I dunno why people can't just leave well enough alone. Its not as bad as you are trying to make it out to be. Maybe in countries like Saudi Arabia but in other countries in the ME proper its not as bad as you claim.

I am pretty sure that in most Islamic countries at least in the Middle East, other religions need permission from the government to set up a place a worship and have many restrictions placeed on them. They are basically treated as second class religions and citizens solely based upon their religious beliefs. Is that fair in your opinion?

[edit on 3-7-2007 by pavil]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Farah's a fanatic.

Then again so are Hamas, so if this was true it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I think Hamas are going to shoot themselves in the foot - trying to enforce Sharia law on the Gazan's, who have a reputation for being very secular (by the standards of the ME anyway), is not going to make them very popular.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There is no democracy in ANY islamic state. The life of Christians under islamic rule is the life of slaves or worse.

Islam is spreading. Christians are dissapearing, and islamists are growing, in Europe, in USA, everywhere.

Chances are, if you have democracy in your country, it is going to become an islamic state. Simply, you let them come and develop, and they will. So, you like your democracy, you are fighting Christians in you country and want to have "freedom for all"? Your child (not to speak of your grandchild) will have to convert to islam or be killed.

Democracy is only a way to islam.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I am pretty sure that in most Islamic countries at least in the Middle East, other religions need permission from the government to set up a place a worship and have many restrictions placeed on them. They are basically treated as second class religions and citizens solely based upon their religious beliefs. Is that fair in your opinion?

I can tell you in Lebanon which at one time was a Christian majority it was the muslims that were discriminated against. Even today with a Muslim majority I have never heard of such a thing as having to get permission to worship. Lebanon is still and always has been a democracy and its not under any Sharia law. The areas are seperated so its doubtful a muslim would open a Mosque in a Christian area and vice versa.

I don't think Syria is this way either as I know many Syrian Christians and I know many Egyptian Christians and they are not restricted as bad as some make it out to be. I havent heard any horrible tales as of yet.

The Middle East even during Ottoman Rule was not ever restricted in any way. If it had been you would not find all these ancient churches of varying denominations all over the place. There were some bad times in the Middle East where Muslims hunted down Christians and there were also times Christians did the same to Muslims. Religion itself is a big problem especially when its involved with government.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I have talked to people from Syria, and their reports are of a horrible, horrible, life.
I know that in Turkey, the most "westernalized" islamic country, Christian priests are FORBIDDEN to wear their official clothing. They can also only have a limited number of christian gatherings in a church per year (not when Christians want, but only so many times a year). So, if you are dressed as christian priest and walk down the street in Istanbul (Constantinopol), any policeman will arrest you for insulting the muslims. Christians in Turkey are almost gone, just a few thousand left.
Lebanon, Syria were countries with Christian majority. They are dissappearing fast. The islamic majority makes life miserable for Christians.
Former Yugoslavia will, thanks to the West, soon become another islamic country. But, Germany and other european countries will soon follow. By the 2050, Germany, France, England will have islamic majority. That is not so far, is it?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I have never heard of such a thing as having to get permission to worship. Lebanon is still and always has been a democracy and its not under any Sharia law. The areas are seperated so its doubtful a muslim would open a Mosque in a Christian area and vice versa.

I don't think Syria is this way either as I know many Syrian Christians and I know many Egyptian Christians and they are not restricted as bad as some make it out to be. I havent heard any horrible tales as of yet.

Say what you will but almost every Middle Eastern country limits the religious practices of any Non Muslim religion. In fact they even limit or hinder other branches of Islam in certain nations. Shari'a laws, which form the basis of much Arab national law, definitely distinguishes between Muslim and Non Muslims, with non Muslims having far fewer rights.

Syria and Lebanon and until recently Iraq, have had substantial Christian minorities and those nations have had more freedom for Christian denominations. To use Lebanon as an example of an Arab Muslim Nation is plainly wrong as it has always been a Multi-religious Multi-ethnic nation in the modern age. Most Arab nations in the Middle east are Muslim and very homogeneous. Lebanon is the New York of the Middle East.

For the rest of the Arab Muslim world there are many roadblocks for other faiths to worship. Some nations only allow private worship and therefore decree that there be no public places of religious worship, except for Islam. Many churches in Arab countries are overcrowded and cannot build new churches nor add on to existing churches with government approval. Some Arab nations limit the number of religious leaders of other religions as well. Some Arab nations will not allow the printing of other religious books in their countries.

Almost all Muslim nations have laws regarding protelyzing and conversion from the Muslim faith.

Far too many links to link to just google "religious freedom in_________" country to see what I refer to.

Some countries are better with Non Muslims worshipping but all tend to treat Non Muslims as second class religions and citizens for the most part. A Muslim person in an Arab country has far more religious protections and rights than a non Muslim.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer
I have talked to people from Syria, and their reports are of a horrible, horrible, life.
I know that in Turkey, the most "westernalized" islamic country, Christian priests are FORBIDDEN to wear their official clothing. They can also only have a limited number of christian gatherings in a church per year (not when Christians want, but only so many times a year). So, if you are dressed as christian priest and walk down the street in Istanbul (Constantinopol), any policeman will arrest you for insulting the muslims. Christians in Turkey are almost gone, just a few thousand left.
Lebanon, Syria were countries with Christian majority. They are dissappearing fast. The islamic majority makes life miserable for Christians.
Former Yugoslavia will, thanks to the West, soon become another islamic country. But, Germany and other european countries will soon follow. By the 2050, Germany, France, England will have islamic majority. That is not so far, is it?

Well like I said I know lots of syrians..the chef at our restuarant is from Aleppo syria, the waiter is a Christian from Egypt and Ive known them both for ages. The syrian guy said Assad was an ass but I never heard anything like what you talk about. Unless they were syrian jews..that may be a different story, my 2 uncles are Maronite Priests in lebanon and each time I saw them they were dressed in their garb and both were married with families. I dunno about Turkey.

The reason why the Christians in lebanon are miserable is because the Christians were prejudiced against the Muslims (and vice versa). Not only did they stifle them politically, they also worked with Israel to murder hundreds of Palestinian muslims in Sabra and Shatila. That didnt help them much either. Many people fled from lebanon not just to get away from the war but because they were working with Israel to kill fellow Lebanese or they were working as spies helping the Israelis. meanwhile Israel and syria were using lebanon as a battleground so their countries wouldnt get screwed up

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Actually, I knew a few Polish Catholic immigrants who lived in Damascus, they liked it better than the US (!) and just moved back there recently.

So I doubt somehow that Christians are some poor persecuted victims there

Interestingly the same girl made an interesting point, she said that in her experience, in terms of day to day personal freedom, the US was one of the most restrictive countries she'd ever been to (she said Singapore was a little worse), she described it as a "police state" and said she'd never had to deal with so many cops in her life.

In terms of political speech, we're still one of the freer countries around, but in terms of day-to-day personal freedom, most people I've talked to from other countries say we're actually much worse than where they came from.

Something to think about while we pat ourselves on the back...

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer
There is no democracy in ANY islamic state. The life of Christians under islamic rule is the life of slaves or worse.

Islam is spreading. Christians are dissapearing, and islamists are growing, in Europe, in USA, everywhere.

Chances are, if you have democracy in your country, it is going to become an islamic state. Simply, you let them come and develop, and they will. So, you like your democracy, you are fighting Christians in you country and want to have "freedom for all"? Your child (not to speak of your grandchild) will have to convert to islam or be killed.

Democracy is only a way to islam.

Very true Swimmer, even in ultra Catholic Latin America Islam is becoming more and more popular. We have Islamic terrorist cells all over New York, we have one up in the Catskills that a huge training camp called "Islamberg". Look it up, its really freaky. Islam is also the fastest growing religion in the world and if radical Islam is no stopped then it is my belief that such convictions will lead directly to the end of the world.

America Alone: The End of the World as We Know It
great book that deals with the rise of radical Islam

[edit: clipped long link]

[edit on 6-7-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Islam is also the fastest growing religion in the world and if radical Islam is no stopped then it is my belief that such convictions will lead directly to the end of the world.

Stopped? What do you mean by "stopped"? That sounds very much like you are calling for a Holocaust. How would you plan this stoppage of Islam pray tell? I think its people like you who are going to lead us to the end of the world is more like it.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Islam is also the fastest growing religion in the world and if radical Islam is no stopped then it is my belief that such convictions will lead directly to the end of the world.

Stopped? What do you mean by "stopped"? That sounds very much like you are calling for a Holocaust. How would you plan this stoppage of Islam pray tell? I think its people like you who are going to lead us to the end of the world is more like it.

I dident say genocide, I simply said that unless we do something to contain it then it will lead to the end of the world.

I assuming your ok with a bunch of people who hijacked a religion running around acting as if they were in the Middle Ages butchering people over trivial offense? Are you aware of how the radical Muslims treat non Muslims, women, etc?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I dident say genocide, I simply said that unless we do something to contain it then it will lead to the end of the world.

Well you had mentioned that islamberg which was reported by some obscure source, so how would you base this stoppage of radicals? Would you base your descriptions of radicals just going by what someone else tells you? What is considered radical by you? Someone that is blowing things up? Someone that would be against this war in Iraq and against the killing of his fellow followers of islam? Someone that doesn't like the US or Israel for what they are doing? What in your mind is radical islam?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This is LIFE OR DEATH battle for Christians. If we do not act now, Christians WILL NOT EXIST in US and Europe, or anywhere else.

So, desperate times call for desperate measures. I would FORBID islamic religion untill the last terrorist stops their activity. No democracy for ANY religion that calls for jihad, war, bombs, killings...

Christians have created US, Europe. We DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER HOME.

If we let them take it, our children will live like slaves, or become muslims. For me, DEATH IS BETTER THAN ISLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

join