It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq's June civilian death toll down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Some want the US and allies to be defeated in Iraq.However the number of civilians killed is declining.36 percent drop.Why anyone would want the Islamofacists to take over Iraq is beyond me.Hindsight is always 20-20,but whats done is done.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hindsight ?
Rdang If the mess in Iraq can be put down to hindsight I would hate to see what you class an strategic blunder as. What you fail to grasp is that after the troop surge is over the enemy will just return to the areas that have been cleared out and the civilian death toll will rise again.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The civilian death toll in Iraq is down? So the muslim insurgents are taking a bit of a break from killing their fellow muslims, eh? Either that, or they are running out of soft targets to hit.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This is great news and I hope this trend continues after the U.S. withdrawal. BUT THE US STILL MUST WITHDRAW!!! It was never our mission to be there forever. We can't be like the Mommy or Daddy of the Iraqi Government; They have to learn to stand on their own two feet.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Hindsight ?
Rdang If the mess in Iraq can be put down to hindsight I would hate to see what you class an strategic blunder as. What you fail to grasp is that after the troop surge is over the enemy will just return to the areas that have been cleared out and the civilian death toll will rise again.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by xpert11]

What I ment by hindsight being 20/20 is knowing what we know now,maybe we wouldn't have gone in.I think the big mistake was after Saddam was removed,we should have kept the Iraqi armys intact.We should have used them to stabilize the country.By disbanding them it created a mess.The troop surge will work but the ground gained must be held.Iran is supplying bombs,weapons and training.Most of the "insurgents"are not Iraqi,they are foreign.So what is your solution,surrender and let the islamic Nazis take control? Their stated goal is world domination,under Islamic rule.Are you willing to accept this? Remember Islam is the religion,Islam is the law,Islam is the way of life,Islam is the state.Islam tells you when to pray,Islam tells you when to eat,Islam tells you what to wear.Ask yourself is this what you really want?

[edit on 2-7-2007 by rdang]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Wall back up the truck and go back and read what I said. No where did I say that the coalition should let the Islamic extremists win in Iraq all I said is that after the troop surge is over the civilian death toll will rise again.

My answer to the Iraq problem is to partition the country along ethnic lines.

new topics

top topics

join