It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Trafficking Alive And Well

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Human Trafficking Alive And Well

english.pravda.ru

Check this guy out! He’s really built, he doesn’t eat much and he’s a hard worker,” Sviridov told the plainclothes policemen. “You don’t have to pay them, just feed them scraps and give them some cigarettes. They’re used to hard labor. And they won’t ask much in return. We can always catch them should they try to run away, you can be certain of that,” added the trafficker.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Slavery Of The 21st Century - Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Human trafficking has been an issue before. This story shows it is still alive and well. Follow the link above, it is a pretty good read. The report talks a little bit about how they are lured into slavery with the promise of work and pay. They are then often sent across national borders. Some reports suggest that eighty seven percent of the victims are female, and thirty three percent children.

english.pravda.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Those names ring a bell, I think I saw a documentary about that particular group not too long ago.

This goes on all over the world, sad to say. Stopping these three criminals is only a drop in a great big bucket. I've done some reading on the subject and it's pretty scary how bad the victims' lives are before they try to get this "opportunity for work" in a better place. They have so much hope, and they're shunted off to terrible fates.

The movie Lilya 4Ever, though fictional, was a very convincing representation of how this happens, and what happens to the "lucky" recipients of the "new jobs."

Sometimes the depths of depravity that some people are capable of stooping too really makes me nuts. :shk:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Stop reading the pravda, it's not reliable at all.

top topics

join