It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the inevitable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have been reading this site for a long time and I read the debates over disclosure, drones, cgi and what not.... now lets get to the inevitable. Privatised space travel for the wealthy will be here within the next couple years. Dont you think after the first launch, these fortunate people will comeback with absolute video evidence? Im sure even Paris Hilton has already booked a flight and she goes nowhere without her camera phone. I think many people will comeback with pictures. I read that every Apollo mission was followed by a unknown craft. Dont you think they will tag along with our privatised Virgin rockets? Its gonna happen, no doubt in my mind someone is gonna see and say somthing and we will have proof. Paris cant keep her mouth shut..hahahah.

Here is what I think might happen.... OK lets just say people start coming back to earth with pictures that you cant deny. I can see flights being sabotaged to end privatised space travel deeming it "to dangerous". Thus ending any of "us" seeing these UFOs for a while.

The drone pics are not "viral marketing" for Transformers or Halo3 as suggested. They dont need to use viral marketing, they both have followings. C2C and ATS are the worst place to viral market. we want the real deal, and we would be pissed off and we wouldnt go see the movie or buy the video game outta spite. Thats how you lose fans.

Have you guys noticed latley in TV comercials they seem to use "aliens" to sell razor blades, candy....I even saw an alien in an anti-drug comercial. This is being done to get us used to the idea of ETs. so when civillians start coming home with photgraphic evidence nobody is gonna be to suprised or too scared about it.

Placing an alien in every other comercial is viral marketing.

just somting to think about.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Originally posted by Frankenchrist

I have been reading this site for a long time

Welcome to ATS !

Privatised space travel for the wealthy will be here within the next couple years.

Ummm, know something we don't ? Other than the Russians (their
flights aren't privatised) who is launching, or about to launch
a tourist craft ?

Dont you think after the first launch, these fortunate people will comeback with absolute video evidence?

Please reference my first question.

Im sure even Paris Hilton has already booked a flight

You're sure ? Booked with whom ? Please divuldge your sources.

and she goes nowhere without her camera phone.

Well, at least that's correct.

I read that every Apollo mission was followed by a unknown craft.

Please provide references and links.

Dont you think they will tag along with our privatised Virgin rockets?

Not even touching that one. Too easy.

Paris cant keep her mouth shut..hahahah.

And, you're how old ?
Here at ATS, we look at things in a mature way (for the most part).

Here is what I think might happen.... OK lets just say people start coming back to earth with pictures that you cant deny. I can see flights being sabotaged to end privatised space travel deeming it "to dangerous".

Pure speculation. Why do you think this belongs in "Aliens&UFO's",
when you have nothing more than your fantasies ?

The drone pics are not "viral marketing" for Transformers or Halo3 as suggested.

You stated it. Back it up. With proof, please.

C2C and ATS are the worst place to viral market.

C2C is a great place to market. ATS ? Ummm...it was pawned to C2C,
ATS just shredded it.

Placing an alien in every other comercial is viral marketing.

Do you even understand what viral marketing is ?
I rather doubt it.

just somting to think about.

It sure is.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchristwe want the real deal, and we would be pissed off and we wouldnt go see the movie or buy the video game outta spite. Thats how you lose fans.

I think it is a good made hoax/viral marketing strategy. I will buy Halo3 and i will see Transformers, the preview movie looked great and they will not lose me as a fan (never was a Transformer fan before actualy)

And about the private spaceflights, we will see when the time is there. I'm not going to speculate about that now.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

yup it sure is.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

Privatised space travel for the wealthy will be here within the next couple years.

Ummm, know something we don't ? Who is launching, or about to launch
a tourist craft ?

Ummm, maybe something you don't know, but I certainly wouldn't say "we" (since you speak only for yourself, and not ATS as a whole).

Google much? Read the ATS boards? I'm not sure how SpaceShipOne, and Virgin Galactic escaped your radar.

Source

WHAT IS VIRGIN GALACTIC?

Virgin Galactic is set to become the world’s first spaceline. In the next few years Virgin Galactic will begin taking private individuals to space (and back) aboard SpaceShipTwo, a new generation of commercial manned space vehicles, based on the X Prize winning SpaceShipOne prototype.

Im sure even Paris Hilton has already booked a flight

You're sure ? Booked with whom ? Please divuldge your sources.

While no one can be "sure" what that girl will do, it's been reported by the likes of CNN that, "It's believed that Sigourney Weaver and even Paris Hilton have signed up."

and she goes nowhere without her camera phone.

Well, at least that's correct.

Well, that's an unnecessarily rude comment (derived from a clear lack of information). Hmmmm, what's that "ATS motto" again...?

Dont you think they will tag along with our privatised Virgin rockets?

Not even touching that one. Too easy.

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to "not touch" the line with the answer you were seeking (since Virgin Galactic is the name of the company). Yet, for some reason you still felt the need to address it with sexual innuendo.

What were you saying about...

Here at ATS, we look at things in a mature way (for the most part).

I guess your innuendo, and your "at least that's correct" comments are part of the reason for needing to add the clause "for the most part".

[edit on 7/12/07 by redmage]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Good on you redmage. I don't get some people who go out of their way to be hostile and disrespectful, especially to newer members.

On topic, I've often thought the same thing as OP--that when space is opened up to civilians, hopefully then we can can get uninterrupted, uncensored video without NASA's usual obfuscations. I'd love to be one of the first to go, but I'll never be able to afford it unfortunately. I love those plans for a hotel on the moon, now that's ambiance! and plenty of photo-ops to boot.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Thank you Red and Yuefo, Im glad you guys get it. I felt the same way when Lex responded, I felt he was just acting like an E-bully. I couldnt belive that he didnt know about Virgin galactic. and he turned my post into a sexual one. I think thats why this thread got slept on.

I really do belive that one of these tourists will capture somthing on film. I think VGs first launch is set for 2009. we will see.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Dont worry about Lex he is part of the more holy than thou regiment. If he has not heard of it then it does not exist and you will be considered a lier until he read's up on it.

I fully agree in the next few years we will be in space via virgin and Mr.Branson i heard they are fully booked for a good few years with tickets going at 200k a pop.

I say if you want to go then get your name down now. And buy a decent video camera.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 12-7-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
private " uncencored "video from space you say ?

please tell me why this endeavour will provide anymore compelling evidence than current terrestrial efforts ?

there are tens of millions of cameras around the world - in use on a daily basis

and the signal to noise ration from them is pretty dismal

what makes you think that just being in space will banish the hoaxes and / or produce clear unabiguous footage ?

still and video from private space ventures will be picked over photoshopped and over enlaged / filtered till " something " blob shaped , a couple of pixels wide is " visible " - which can be hearalded as a ` UFO ` - JUST LIKE NOW

i am sorry - but you seem to have a misplaced faith that private cameras in space are going to somehow producefootage of a quality / clarity and fidelity which they have not on earth

that is silly

private cameras in space will capture unidetifable blobs and be used for hoaxes

[edit on 12-7-2007 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
private cameras in space will capture unidetifable blobs and be used for hoaxes

Tell it to James McDivitt, who photographed a ufo directly outside the Gemini capsule. The photo was subsequently confiscated by NASA, and McDivitt to this day claims that NASA has never produced the actual photo.

"I was flying with Ed White. He was sleeping at the time so I don't have anybody to verify my story. We were drifting in space with the control engines shut down and all the instrumentation off (when) suddenly (an object) appeared in the window. It had a very definite shape -- a cylindrical object -- it was white -- it had a long arm that stuck out on the side. I don't know whether it was a very small object up close or a very large object a long ways away. There was nothing to judge by. I really don't know how big it was. We had two cameras that were just floating in the spacecraft at the time, so I grabbed one and took a picture of (the object) and grabbed the other and took a picture. Then I turned on the rocket control systems because I was afraid we might hit it. At the time we were drifting -- without checking I have no idea which way we were going -- but as we drifted up a little farther the sun shone on the window of the spacecraft. The windshield was dirty -- just like in an automobile, you can't see through it. So I had the rocket control engines going again and moved the spacecraft so that the window was in darkness again -- the object was gone. I called down later and told them what had happened and they went back and checked their records of other space debris that was flying around but we were never able to identify what it could have been. The film was sent back to NASA and reviewed by some NASA film technicians. One of them selected what he thought was what we talked about, at least before I had a chance to review it. It was not the picture -- it was a picture of a sun reflection on the window."

private " uncencored "video from space you say ?

Yep, that's what I say.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Don't you think after the first launch, these fortunate people will come back with absolute video evidence?

I know that because this is a forum for such things, it may seem like real UFOs are common as dirt. Well, they're not. They are a very rare thing, seen by very few people. Some rich astro-tourist will not have any better chance at seeing one of these things than you or I do by watching hours upon hours of footage on the NASA Channel. They are probably not going to get any good high-resolution photos of flying saucers from Barsoom.

Other than that, "absolute video evidence" of what, exactly? Some blurry specks against a black background? We already have that. Video of the inside of a Secret Space Force outpost, populated by a diverse but cooperative team of humans and aliens? I suspect you may be thinking of "Deep Space Nine."

[edit on 12-7-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
hows this, is this real or fake?
www.youtube.com...

I mean what 10% the speed of light is possible with these craft, so its plausable its real. I just cant wait to drive one.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I swear whay do my posts get slept on?..........

Well anyways... I wont start a new thread because I feel this is still on topic of the inevitable.......
Do you remember when the History channel, TLC, and Discovery first came out? The programs were about true science and history. Nowadays, its all about UFOs, aliens, Supernatural stuff,bigfoot etc.. Is this to desensitize us for full disclosure or is it just because they get higher ratings and more advertising money?

either way the History channel should be changed to the Fantasy channel.

Just wondering Lex, did you read up on Virgin Galactic? or did you just dis me and forgot about my thread?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

What 'kind' of 'aliens' are shown in these commercials? Greys, something else?

Have you guys noticed latley in TV comercials they seem to use "aliens" to sell razor blades, candy....I even saw an alien in an anti-drug comercial....

"2008 will really be the year of the spaceship," said Branson.

The initial wave of space tourists (Virgin has already received some $30 million in deposits) will help fund future developments like this....

Virgin Galactic says test flights of White Knight Two will begin this summer. But it would not commit to when paying customers will fly. Instead, it stressed that rigorous safety milestones would have to be met before any manned suborbital flights take place.

www.thestar.com...

[edit on 12-2-2008 by anhinga]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga
reply to post by Frankenchrist

What 'kind' of 'aliens' are shown in these commercials? Greys, something else?

Have you guys noticed latley in TV comercials they seem to use "aliens" to sell razor blades, candy....I even saw an alien in an anti-drug comercial....

"2008 will really be the year of the spaceship," said Branson.

The initial wave of space tourists (Virgin has already received some $30 million in deposits) will help fund future developments like this....

Virgin Galactic says test flights of White Knight Two will begin this summer. But it would not commit to when paying customers will fly. Instead, it stressed that rigorous safety milestones would have to be met before any manned suborbital flights take place.

www.thestar.com...

[edit on 12-2-2008 by anhinga]

In the Razor blade comercial, it was somthing like a grey, there was a space ship in the comercial also. I saw aliens in an energizer battery comercial the other day too I think they might have had 3 legs.

The anti drug comercial was clearly grey looking. But I see ETs on tv all the time.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Bumping my old thread.

For new members.

What do you think?

new topics

top topics

join