It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainstorming the symbolism of 666

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
I agree with theview that the number in the book of Revelation was a code for Nero. In Greek Gematria, "Nero Ceasar" adds to 666.

The number is also the sum of the Magick Square of Sol. In this aspect, Aleister Crowley had fun with it.

Aliester Crowley has fun with you as well, he obscures and omits a fair deal of what he knows, Gematria included

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I remember reading an article awhile back that well, the 666 might be a 616

www.catholicintl.com...

so, in reality, there a two numbers. the more commonly accepted 666, and then the obscure 616.

maybe the 616 is just mistroke of the pen...don't know.

was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about what a 616 would represent...just in case it was the right one.

maybe it represents something that the powers that be through the ages didn't want know, so, well, 666 is a better number or something?

665 also appear in early text writings.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by dawnstar]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by brotherforchrist

Aliester Crowley has fun with you as well, he obscures and omits a fair deal of what he knows, Gematria included

Not really, at least not for the most part. The only thing he kept secret was the so-called "Secret of the Universal Medicine" technique of the O.T.O., and even then, not really, as he gave pretty plain hints throughout his writings.

As for Gematria, his book "777" is generally complete in that it is workable. Crowley didn't intend to give every single Gematrian attribution in the world, as the student should be able to figure them out himself when the need arises.

I also disagree that he obscured the Work: after all, one of the reasons he's famous is due to the fact that he took it out of obscurity, and tried to make sense of it all via the scientific method.

<< 1   >>

join