It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainstorming the symbolism of 666

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I ran across quite a while back in numerous places the theory that 6 is the number of man.

-------

en.wikipedia.org...

# Some interpreted to relate the nature of human being as Homo sapiens itself, not as any individual. When the Greek word for "human being", ανθρωπος, is translitterated into Hebrew gematric system, the resulting sum becomes 666. It is also assumed the '6' (smallest complete number) represents human being itself, and 6 tripled represent mind, body and soul; 7 is the number of God and 777 the Holy Trinity. 666 could also be titled as The Unholy Trinity representing The Devil, The Antichrist and The False Prophet.
# More simply, man being created on the sixth day makes the number 6 symbolize man, and the juxtaposition of three sixes can infer a trinity.

-------------

could we not hypothetically take this a step further and question if 666 is allegorical, insomuch as the triune nature of the number of man may suggest man reflecting trinity and therefore declaring himself as an equal to god, and that the mark of the beast may be man declaring himself as an equal to a force that he is not,that being the force that brought all into existence and that man would be repeating the same action that caused the fall of Satan?

-------

Just a theory that I have been kicking around/reflecting upon.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hi BrotherforChrist

See:

My post and link within the following BTS Thread

[edit on 28-6-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The hex star, aka the star of david, equals 666.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It goes all the way to Babylon and their gods, 37 of them, but one was supreme sun-god (all seeing eye) and sum of all others was his number, 666. Origin and History of the number 666

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 + 11 + 12 + 13 + 14 + 15 + 16 + 17 + 18 + 19 + 20 + 21 + 22 + 23 + 24 + 25 + 26 + 27 + 28 + 29 + 30 + 31 + 32 + 33 + 34 + 35 + 36 = 666

BTW, All-Seeing Eye is the symbol of the Omniscience of the Sun God, Lucifer. You have it on your dollar bill.

And then, if we add 37 to this (666+37) we get 703, which is then added to 10 in numerology (7+0+3), also 37 is 10 (3+7). Number 10 was always recognized as perfect number, representing harmony, law, responsibility and God.

11 represents Judgment and Disorder, Jezebel, The Whore of Babylon, sinful, harmful, and imperfect. Also it's one of the master numbers with great power. Chaos it creates can lead to a new age of peace. Maybe 9/11 attacks are not just an excuse to go to war but also a sign we are at "end times" as described in the Bible. 11 can be a good number too.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
well as a linux guy i can tell you this...if human souls are like a computer file, by setting our permissions to 777 we are allowing God to execute his plan in our lives. By setting our permissions to 666 we close our connection to God whereas we no longer authorize him to execute his plan for us.

just a thought.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by brotherforchrist

en.wikipedia.org...

# More simply, man being created on the sixth day makes the number 6 symbolize man, and the juxtaposition of three sixes can infer a trinity.

but it may make a big difference that the number 666 is the abbreviated form of; six hundreds, three score, six

and each component has its own meaning, the 1st component being;
100+100+100+100+100+100=600

then;
20+20+20=60

then;
6= the number of man/humanity/

one will see in scripture the number of the Beast/individual was not
a singular 6, repeated...words & corresponding numbers have specific meanings,
perhaps the real 'wisdom' in deciphering the '666' is to consider the complexity of the numerical identity instead of looking at just the reductionist result which seems to be simpily man-man-man or 6-6-6

thanks,

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Carbon is the only element with 6 Electrons, 6 Neutrons, and 6 Protons. Our flesh is made of these carbonic/organic composites...

On the same note, Nitrogen has 7 Electrons, 7 Neutrons, and 7 Protons.

Who knows if that means anything, but the relationship of the 666 number to carbon, and carbon to life seems interesting...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Crossreference the 666 (number of his name) verse with a previous verse in another book maybe, it talks about the 1st and 2nd beasts, the image of the beast, mortal wound healed etc..
I think it eludes to soul possession and describes events in a vision metaphore, get the temple priests, the holy water and alot of faith..cause 666 is probably close or here already. 911 it is surmised that our fearless leader has something to do with evoking pan in a supposed ritualistic fashion.

thebravenewworldorder.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Thanks for all of the interesting interpretations, its nice to see more brainstorming and less finger pointing on the boards, trying to understand life's mysteries is (in my opinion) what we are here for, and ideally what these boards are here for,keep up the good posts and the critical thinking,certainly a lot of valid interpretations here.

Tamahu nice to see you posting again.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Ony one name in the world can come up as 666 in the english and hebrew and in accordance with the numerology. You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xymtec
well as a linux guy i can tell you this...if human souls are like a computer file, by setting our permissions to 777 we are allowing God to execute his plan in our lives. By setting our permissions to 666 we close our connection to God whereas we no longer authorize him to execute his plan for us.

just a thought.

I love it.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Ony one name in the world can come up as 666 in the english and hebrew and in accordance with the numerology. You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Bush or Putin?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Try me

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I agree with theview that the number in the book of Revelation was a code for Nero. In Greek Gematria, "Nero Ceasar" adds to 666.

The number is also the sum of the Magick Square of Sol. In this aspect, Aleister Crowley had fun with it.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Okay, you've piqued my trick knee. Lay it on us.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
several years ago, i was very into the works of Ken Wilbur. part of his concept of human spiritual/mental evolution involves "spiral dynamics".

according to spiral dynamics, the leading "MEME" of our day is represented by the number 6. it represents "postmodernism", "civil rights", and "pluralistic reletivism".

it got me to thinking that maybe "666" is the number 3 masquerading as the number 6 (there are three sixes).

the number 3, in spiral dynamics, represents the Ego and selfishness.

in other words, 666 represents the higher and nobler aspects of humanity being co-opted by the lower, more selfish aspects.

for example: Coca-Cola. IMO, the softdrink is a useless, healthless waste of money. but it is represented by the image: "share a Coke, share a smile."

3 co-opt 6.....it is everywhere in our culture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join