It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Hell? Chris Benoit's Wife's Death announced 14 hours prior to body being found on Wikiped

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Here is a link with a little more info.Seems they found drugs and alcohol in the house. www.msnbc.msn.com...

All that insinuates, though, is that if it were a murder, it was drug related.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
He obviously posted it himself, imo.

The IP of the wiki editor was traced to Connecticut. He was in Georgia.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

I wonder if foul play may possibly be involved... this is so strange.

Initially, that is what they suspected. However, they seemed to change it to a murder-homicide scenario later. I don't know. There are conflicting messages being delivered somewhere.

What is really ironic is that the day this act was committed , WWE was supposed to stage the "death of McMahon." That was postponed so that McMahon could give an official response to this tragedy.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by god_of_wine
Who really cares? Why is this story consuming any bandwith whatsoever?
Are you of the human race?

Honestly, sometimes i dont know.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I cant make any sense of this. Either someone knew about it or benoit may possibly have been set-up. This doesnt coincide with anything i've heard from this story so far, and i have been reading every new bit of info.

Does anyone have any possible idea of what could have happened?!?! i cant even begin to speculate!

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

Does anyone have any possible idea of what could have happened?!?! i cant even begin to speculate!

Well, given that the IP address was linked back to Connecticut and Benoit was in Georgia, I seriously doubt that Benoit made the post. Unless he flew into Connecticut just to post some bizarre post and then flew back to Georgia, I don't know.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I heard his wife was fileing for divorse, there are many things that can tip a person over the edge why do people have to think some one else did it or a alien etc etc. Looks plain and simple to me from what I've read he killed his wife strangled his kid hung him self on his weights bench but hey I'll guess you will never know the real stroy behined it all.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ok,folks, this story just keeps getting stranger and stranger.

Police raid office of Benoit's personal physician

Updated Thu. Jun. 28 2007 2:34 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

Police in Georgia have raided the office of Canadian professional wrestler Chris Benoit's personal physician, authorities said Thursday.

Federal drug agents and sheriff's deputies began carrying out the raid Wednesday night and concluded early Tuesday, reports the Associated Press.

Officials said they were searching for records and other items in Dr. Phil Astin's office in Carrollton, near Atlanta.
Why?

Are they suspecting that his doctor prescribed something to him that shouldn't have been prescribed? I am just wondering about why there is a sudden interest in Benoit's doctor.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It was made from a line he had at home, a dedicated line from headquarters to his home.

He used it and the IP address came up as the location in question.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
I heard his wife was fileing for divorse, there are many things that can tip a person over the edge why do people have to think some one else did it or a alien etc etc. Looks plain and simple to me from what I've read he killed his wife strangled his kid hung him self on his weights bench but hey I'll guess you will never know the real stroy behined it all.

None of that explains why there was a post on Wikipedia fourteen hours before the bodies were even found by police. How could someone even know about it,unless they were personally involved?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

It was made from a line he had at home, a dedicated line from headquarters to his home.

Source? That's not what the article states.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is merely speculation and not an indictment of any one.

I am going to sound totally jaded and say that Vince McMahon was aware Benoit had killed his family and was going to take his own life and put into motion the PR and free advertising machine.

According to the wikinews article the original edit IP was out of Stamford Ct. Now isn't that where the WWF headquarters are? And isn't it being rumoured that Benoit was text messaging people on Saturday and Sunday? Just speculating, but Benoit texts someone in the WWF that his wife and son are dead and that he is going to take his own life.

Again, sounding very jaded isn't very possible that the WWF had the obit created sometime Saturday after those texts and had the three hour tribute documentary already being tweaked so that it could be aired on the day their bodies were found?

*tin foil hat securely in place*

B.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Source? That's not what the article states.

The source is mine. I worked for years with the telephone company. I'm not saying its gospel, but i beleive that's what happened.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Bleys, well, if it is indeed a fact that it originated from the wrestling headquarters, then someone was tipped off. However, how would they have known that he wasn't just babbling. I mean, to be quite honest, if someone text me, especially if I knew them, and told me that they had just murdered their family, I'd say "yeah right!!." I certainly wouldn't go and splatter it all over the internet.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The most likely explanation is that Benoit texted someone at WWE in Connecticut and they posted the wiki article hours before the bodies were even found.

The sick thing is that someone at WWE knew that Benoit had killed his wife and kid, probably knew that Benoit was a danger to himself... and instead of getting help or alerting the police they decided to just waste their time updating Benoit's wikipedia article and let the cops find the bodies later!

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
As sad as the story is, I wonder if the law enforcement investigating this is aware of the Wikipedia development? Maybe some of you might want to inform them?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanctum1972
As sad as the story is, I wonder if the law enforcement investigating this is aware of the Wikipedia development? Maybe some of you might want to inform them?

Well if it's front page web-news I should think the investigators probably knew before us.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

The sick thing is that someone at WWE knew that Benoit had killed his wife and kid, probably knew that Benoit was a danger to himself...

See, I guess that is the mystery to me. How did they know this beyond a shadow of a doubt? Did he text them pictures or what?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Well if all three were shot, then I could suspect fowl play,

lol, is that where his warnings came from...(the member here)

but for real I haven't watched wrestling since the NWO day's like in th '90s

Think that that group might have been Illuminati and they had somthing to do with it?

Mabey i need to stop reading this site so much

[edit on 28-6-2007 by ThaDewd]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaDewd

but for real I haven't watched wrestling since the NWO day's like in th '90s

To be quite frank, I haven't watched it since Stone Cold Steve Austin quit participating. I am vaguely familiar with Benoit's character in wrestling, but I never watched him much.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join