It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Hell? Chris Benoit's Wife's Death announced 14 hours prior to body being found on Wikiped

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Is there something up about this story or what?

Death of Chris Benoit's wife posted on Wikipedia 14 hours prior to body being found

Death of Nancy Benoit rumour posted on Wikipedia hours prior to body being found

I was reading around Wikinews last night and noticed a comment placed on the article Professional wrestler Chris Benoit and family found dead that was showing an edit made to Wikipedia on the death of Chris Benoit's wife.

After an investigation, Wikinews learned that anonymous edits on the Wikipedia article Chris Benoit were added about the death of his wife Nancy Benoit 14 hours before police entered the Benoit home to find the former professional World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Canadian wrestler and his family dead.
Something we're not being told?

Is there something on this that the authorities are not telling the public? I know when the incident first happened, they suspected that the familiy was murdered by an outside source;now, all of a sudden they are saying that it was a murder-suicide. What the hell?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I read that a few hours ago and was VERY surprised.

Did Benoit post it himself? He send a bunch of text messages with instructions on them between the time of the murders and the time of suicide?

There is something to this ... and it's VERY interesting.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well that's definitely weird.Perhaps this is not a murder suicide after all.The plot thickens.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Well that's definitely weird.Perhaps this is not a murder suicide after all.The plot thickens.

i can't believe that someone is able to kill his wife and child.
now that's madness!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well if all three were shot, then I could suspect fowl play, but the kid was smothered, the wife was bludgeoned, and Chris hung himself. If they were murdered then that's a really strange way to go about it.

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Well if all three were shot, then I could suspect fowl play, but the kid was smothered, the wife was bludgeoned, and Chris hung himself. If they were murdered then that's a really strange way to go about it.

Peace
I read that the wife was strangled, the child smothered.And supposedly Chris hung himself.The point is how could Chris himself leak the info 14 hours before any police showed up? I suppose it's possible Chris sat around for hours.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I said "fowl" play and I feel really stupid. Where the hell is the edit button????

Yes, AD, I did hear that he sat around for quite awhile with the dead bodies. I heard that right from the get-go.

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I just don't know what to believe here, but it does sound like he just snapped whether steroids did it or not. Here is Vince McMahon doing Damage control. video.msn.com.../64&p=hotvideo_m_edpicks&fg=GT1=10056

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I had read that his son was dead for several hours before he was. The article indicated he might have killed them and waited a while before killing himself.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The wrestling world and its list of deaths is pretty interesting. Sadly, a fair share of them are drug-related. For those who follow wrestling, there was the Owen Hart incident years ago -- That was a bizarre and awful way to go.

Now the Chris Benoit story is unfolding. I met him years ago when i followed wrestling and he was in WCW. Real nice guy. What a shame things turned out the way they did.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I watched the McMahon interview with Meredith Vieira this morning. That guy always looks like he's about to snap. She was pretty tough with him though. I'll give her props for that.

McMahon had that greasy, Ceasar haircut goin'. Dude must not be able to afford a real hair stylist or something.

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Who really cares? Why is this story consuming any bandwith whatsoever?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by god_of_wine
Who really cares? Why is this story consuming any bandwith whatsoever?

It's a topic some of us find interesting. Almost as interesting as how you'll waste even more bandwidth telling us how we're wasting bandwidth.

I'm quite sure there's much more to this story than we know at this point. I'll be interested to see what comes out in the coming days. Something's definitely not right with this.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Is there something up about this story or what?

First I thought that maybe times were confused but I just took a look at Wikipedia and it is true. Several hours befor epolice found the bodies this was entered on Wikipedia, "stemming from the death of his wife Nancy."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Here is a link with a little more info.Seems they found drugs and alcohol in the house. www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The posting was made by someone using an IP address registered in Stamford, Conn., where World Wrestling Entertainment is based, said Cary Bass, a representative of Wikimedia Foundation of St. Petersburg, Fla., the parent company of Wikipedia.

I found this particularly interesting from the msnbc link above

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Access, I am beginning to wonder if it was or not myself. I will be trying to keep an eye on this. It's going to be kind of hard because I don't have cable T.V. I suppose I'll just have to keep up with it via the internet.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
He obviously posted it himself, imo.

What a tragedy!!

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his 7-year-old son and placed a Bible next to their bodies before hanging himself with the pulley of a weight machine, authorities said Tuesday.
link
sports.espn.go.com...

Looks like he has killed his wife, he has told someone while he was still alive, and either that person posted on the net, or told someone who did..
He did not hang himself till nearly 2 days later.. this would give ample time for the word to of gotten out, and early internet speculation, probably traced back to one post.

JM$0.02

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
hmmmm is it at all possible that the article was written BEFORE she died?!?!

I wonder if foul play may possibly be involved... this is so strange.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join