It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Asserts Executive Privilege

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Saucyrossy As long as they can get Iphones, dvds, games, new cars, new clothes, and a vacation once a year, people are fulfilled

That is the bottom line! And it is so patheticaly sad one second and completely frightening the next. I keep trying, but noone wants to listen, except for the 'few', but they're all 'tied to life' so to speak themselves, we all are!
So, how do we get our (concerned) voices together despite the rat race we are also forced to proceed( so we dont go broke and without food or shelter to say the least) in each day ?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pfeil
Just remember....there is another Bush (excluding Sr.) out there eligible for the presidency.

I really don't mean to derail, but was that a deliberate reference to Star Wars?

'There is another.....sky.....walk...er!!!" -- Yoda

Sorry!! Couldn't resist.

Anyway, I'm really bothered by this and other issues, like how government officials can "just say no" to subpoenas, yet when we do it, they arrest us and charge us with obstruction of justice, or some other nonsensical charge. It's preposterous that they think that they can get away with what they are. What's even worse is that they ARE getting away with it, because We the People are allowing it.

Frustration breeds contempt, and contempt leads to malcontent. What comes next is outright anger. Fortunately, I'm just getting frustrated... for now...

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Wow. you guys must really be worked up tonight. I'm up to my eyeballs in u2's. Just bear with me, I can only type so fast.

Okay, one thing at a time:

1. What comes next? As some of you correctly guess, this is not a Constitutional crisis. It's a procedural dispute. As I said in my earlier post, it'll take a legal challenge that the Dems could win, but its not likely. the records archive has very specific rules of conduct, and that in and of itself will be their 'defense' in court. Remember that the Dems have to convince a judge to make the NARA comply. This isn't about Presidential action, or lack thereor.

2. What more can we do? As citizens, we're all frustrated. In our own ways,we've got to find outlets for our anger, and platforms for our grievances. Blog, publish, post essays, write snail mail, phone, fax, and...I dunno...contribute to the ATS Mix and send in your podcasts.

In case some of you hadn't noticed, that ATS MIX is your ticket to a voice that could reach millions. You wanna do something that can win hearts and minds? Try that. You may not like to do the snail mail, or make the phone calls, but you can still talk. So...why not make your opion work for you? We can all whine and moan, but the real heavy lifting is only ever done by a precious few.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The biggest problem with America is that the people dont know the government/president is OUR servant, not the other way around. Every politician should bend to the will of the public. Why cant we get rid of Bush? A vote of no confidence? Why should we be stuck with a president for four years that the majority of americans dont approve of? Most of the answers you would get from people would be "thats the way it is." and they would completely accept that without thinking twice about it.

Your right about the "comfort" objects people buy. Just as long people have the new phones and cars they couldnt care less about much more. Next time a disaster happens just pay attention to what people talk about. I lived in South Carolina and right before i moved from there we had a hurricane. No power or water for about 6 hours and people were complaining about how it took way to long to get the power back up. The 911 center had dozens of calls from people whose only emergency was not being able to watch tv. If the American way of life ended tomorrow...there would be so many americans that would have no idea what to do and would probably just lay down and die.

Signs your system of government is no longer working the way it was designed?

The people that are suppose to be the most responsible arent being held responsible.

[edit on 29/6/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pfeil
Signs your system of government is no longer working the way it was designed?

The people that are suppose to be the most responsible arent being held responsible.

Oh, and you cannot forget my favorite...

The People don't stand up to defend that which their forefathers sweat, blood, and ultimately lives were given for. If more people stood up for the cause that those before us did, we'd be much better off I think.

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Wow, everyone here is having apoplexy. These kinds of squabbles happen all the time. They happened with Bush, Clinton, Regan, going back years and years. The courts come in, look at the situation, have their say, everyone abides by the ruling, and life goes on as merrily as ever. I see nothing here to convince me that this is any different.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
n his June 21 column, Larry J. Sabato, the director of the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia wrote:

A much more reasonable criticism is directly related to the dominating presence of Hillary Clinton in this election cycle. The population of the United States now exceeds 300 million, and the talent pool of the world's only superpower is deep and rich. How is it that the country is on the verge of filling its highest office for the sixth consecutive term from one of two families? That every President from 1989 to 2017 may be a Bush or a Clinton is a national disgrace. What has happened to the American Republic? How does it differ from a banana republic -- where a couple of dominant families often run everything for generations? Have we driven the vast majority of the potentially best Presidents out of the contest because of the high personal and professional costs of running for office? Are we the voters responsible because we are too lazy to go beyond the simplistic attractions of familiarity and high name identification? Or, most disturbing of all, has our political system become ossified, so that we are too fearful of change to seek out the most outstanding leaders among us for the toughest job in the world?

This situition reminds me far less of Star Wars as it does the final years of the Roman Republic.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by grover]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I would agree with what you're saying if the two families didn't have such varying political beliefs. The author is, I think, incorrectly coupling individuals and political variances among the electorate. The political will changes and the choice of person naturally gravitates to the one who has cultivated popular support. Further, even though in our system of government it doesn't bare on the choice of president, a non-Bush non-Clinton won the popular vote in 2000.

[edit on 6/29/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Read up on the last fifty years of the Republic of Rome... I think you will find the analogy quite apt and the indecisiveness of which direction to go politically was one of the things that tore it apart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join