It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.C: Introducing Justin Oldham

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I was experimenthing with trying to get better sound quality while still recording on low kbs. With my PC speakers turned on at low volume, it sounds loud and clear to me. If I get more comlaints, I'll go back to the way I was doing it before.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Hello, folks. I know that many of you are waiting for the next podcast. Truth is, I am busy prepping for the next ATS Mix debate and I've had a lot of work to do in my professional capacity as writer. For now, I'm pleased to report that my personal web site is finally in development. You can see it HERE. For those who are willing to look, you might find a few surprises. I promise that I'll get back to the regular podcasting next week.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
PODcast:

Introducing Justin Oldham (reply 7)

General commentary on what comes next, and why I'd like to be wrong about what comes next

length: 10:01
file: atscpod_2455.mp3
size: 1175k
feed:

I'd like to encourage more people to do the podcasting. Don't be afraid to send stuff to the ATS Mix crew, and don't be afrad to post stuff to ATS. The more you do, the better you get.

If there's anything specific you want me to talk about, drop me a u2 and I'll see what I can do.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by Justin Oldham]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Good show, Justin, I really enjoyed it. I'm not real thrilled with the thought that the Democrats may come to power and decide to continue Bush's programs and I don't think they will. The first thing that I think will go by the wayside is the USA Patriot Act, followed quickly by Guantanamo and the troops in Iraq who, I predict, will be home by May, 2009, if not earlier. As far as the Fairness Doctrine being reinstituted, I really hope you are wrong about that. I think it would be just about impossible anyway given the passage of the House Approprations Bill which prohibits the FCC from using any of it's budgeted funds to adopt a fairness doctrine.

However you look at it at least one thing is certain: with a Democratic President and a Democratic majority in the House and Senate the Republicans are going to find it difficult to get anything they want in the way of legislation.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'd like to think that the Dems will step back from some of the Bush initiatives, but I'm just not seeing it. Too many of he laws and legal precendents put in place by Mr. Bush will be used by the Dems to retaliate against teh Republicans. It's a good thing that you pointed out that the FCC is currently prohibited from "doing" the Fairness Doctrine, but that legal inhibition can change. I am normally an optimist, but when it comes to this...

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
PODcast:

Introducing Justin Oldham (reply 8)

A small and low budget attempt at some fun. Some of you have asked me if I had a sense of humor. This is all i could find on short notice.

length: 10:00
file: atscpod_2469.mp3
size: 1172k
feed:

I'm still getting requests do an end-of-week summary, and I'm going to try and do one this Friday. Wrap and commentary. We'll see what we see.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by Justin Oldham]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Kermit the Frog, huh? Well, now that you mention it...

Good podcast, JO, even with you pounding on the mic and almost deafening me.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Sorry about the ear noise. It doesn't sound that loud when I play it back. I'll talk to my scenery gnomes and get them to warn me against doing that in the future.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Hey J.O. are these pre-scripted?

Curious

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Hey J.O. are these pre-scripted?

I do use an outline. I am a trained public speaker, but I have long since learned the value of notes. I've been doing some radio for the last 19 months, and that too has given me practice at speaking in sound bites and working with short segments. I find that with an outline in my hand, I can say a lot in just ten minutes. I make my recordings on low kilobits becasue I know that a lot of us still have dial up, and nobody has a lot of time to spend on podcasts, so I keep it to ten.

TECHNICAL NOTE: A number of you have asked me to do an end-of-the-week commentary. You should expect the first "experiment" to show up HERE. I've been mapping it out, and I may have to go with a 15 minute format. I'm doing what I can to keep the file size small because I know that many of us still have that cruddy old dial up. You'll here from me within 24 hours, if I can make the 'deadline' for this week.

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Justin Oldham]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
PODcast:

Introducing Justin Oldham (reply 9)

As promised, this is a week-in-review, done on a ten minute format. You asked for it. You got it. Please feel free to post your comment.

file: atscpod_2473.mp3
size: 1174k
feed:

Please let me know if you like this. I like the ten minute format. As long as I take a few moments to block it out, I can see quite a bit. The file size can stay small, which is good for all of my fellow users who are on dial up.

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Justin Oldham]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Excellent show, JO; your commentary on the week in review was both informing and entertaining. I think this just maybe the ideal format/platform for you and should definitely be a weekly staple for all ATS'ers who want to know exactly what the news of the past week actually "means". I for one am very glad that you use your vast powers for good instead of evil.
I can't wait to hear what you do next time with, what will almost certainly be, a very full news week.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Everyone's gone for the weekend just now, so we'll have to wait for Monday and the reviews.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I have a lot of respect for you JO and your comments. I am the type of person who gives credit where credit is due (non financial of course
) - great contribution and though i have only been on here a year (TODAY whoo hooo my anniversary) but i have come to feel as though i AM a part of this community and i hope others view me as such.

Great stuff JO, keep it coming.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thanks very much for the kind words. I'd like to think that we would all give anyone who posts a fair fearing, no matter how long they've been here. That would include you, too. Happy anniversary! Now, get out there and celebrate like you mean it.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Justin,

Just to add my voice to the praise. Alway enjoy listening to your podcasts and being on the other side of the pond, learning more about your election system and administration is most welcome.

To me, one of the purposes of ATS.. to deny ignorance.

Great work and looking for the next podcast.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm slated to make my next recording on Saturday, and I'm going to stick to that ten minute time frame. Just long enough for me to say my piece and just small enough for dial ups to download.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
PODcast:

Introducing Justin Oldham (reply 10)

Review and comment on the news for July 30 thru August 3rd of 2007.

file: atscpod_2492.mp3
size: 1173k
feed:

Technical note: I am using a new microphone.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by Justin Oldham]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
PODcast:

Introducing Justin Oldham (reply 11)

Experimental podcast #3, my review and comment on the news as it relates to ATS. For the week of Augsut 5 to Augsut 10, 2007.

length: 09:47
file: atscpod_2510.mp3
size: 1148k
feed:

Now that you've heard three of these, what do you think? I can say a lot in just ten minutes. It takes some effort to decide what gets talked about, and what doesn't. I'm not trying to duplicate what Dave and Johnny do on the ATS Mix. I look at what happens in the news, and what gets talked about on ATS, and I try to relate my opinions to what ATS members say and what the MSM says.

Keep those u2's coming. Don't be afraid to post0 here. Tell us all what you think. If the feedback continues to be positive, I may start doing this week in review in a podthread specifically labelled as week in review so that it will be easier to find.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Justin Oldham]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Consider this a vote for a dedicated Justin Oldham review thread.

Keep up the good work.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join