It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA 'misdeeds' laid bare in documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   

www.itv.com

7.50, Wed Jun 27 2007

Hundreds of pages of internal CIA reports have been released detailing assassination plots against foreign leaders and the secret testing drugs on unwitting citizens.

The documents also provide information on wiretapping of US journalists, spying on civil rights and anti-Vietnam war protesters, opening mail between the US and the Soviet Union and China and break-ins at the homes of ex-CIA employees and others.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-6-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I wonder how many of the " Family Jewels" will be disclosed?
I wonder if people have any thoughts about the timing of this disclosure?

www.itv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Updated info;

Just in case it wasn't posted yet, I havn't looked overthe forum threads and this was the first subject area found

CIA Family Jewels Update
CIA Family Jewels 702 Pages Zipped (18.4MB)

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Cheers Advisor, for the full package

time to pore over some Crown Jewels, me thinks

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fowl Play
Cheers Advisor, for the full package

Aw it was nothing, don't mention it. Besides what else am I here for, if it isn't to help and collaborate via participation.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Found some more on this topic, not sure if it was already posted, but in any case here it is in a related thread. Seems some damage control is being managed via scape goat to me. No sure what to make of it yet, surely more will be produced, and more reveiling "facts" will be "manufactured".

That is the CIA way after all. Why take the blame, when some one else is being paid to do such?

Tim Wiener's Legacy of Ashes (2007) amply documents CIA villainy, ineptitude, abuse of trust, waste of public money, and lack of accountability since its founding. The book is the likely reason CIA released its "family jewels" to divert attention from far worse institutionalized criminality.
CIA Top Dirty Spy Dangles Bait

top topics

join