It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(BIS) Bank is Warning of Possible Global Depression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

(BIS) Bank is Warning of Possible Global Depression

www.newsmax.com

The Bank of International Settlements (BIS) is warning that the global economy could be on the brink of a major depression similar to the one that passed in the 1930s.

The BIS said that years of loose monetary policy have fueled a dangerous credit bubble leaving the global economy more vulnerable to an economic catastrophe than is generally understood.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
This is just great, with all of the threats of war looming out there, now we start getting the finacial catastrophe warnings coming out. this is not a good sign. maybe I should think about stocking up on some canned goods. If I remember my history correctly, people were jumping out of windows on wallstreet during the last great depression.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-6-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
biggest con for the rich banks

trillions of dollars skimmed in 2007 the goverments. back the banks in
the biggest bailout ever . not industry.. it gets the green light ..

throw in the towel & get out quick .go bust pay nothing..

where as all the money gone ??? ask the swiss & off shore banks

a bank made credit crunch & we are the losers honest joe

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well they were right.... and just before the august 07 crisis... nice. Some insiders perhaps?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
wow. well, I would like to say that I didnt see this comming, but I did(along with a lot of other people). We here at ATS and other forums along with certain politicians that dont get much credit, and financial predictors, have been saying this for a long time now, but nobody acts on it.

I would like to say to the ATS'ers out there, thanks for all of the information I have recieved on this website(regardless if this comes out true or not). If it doesnt come true, than that will be good, but how much good do we have in the air right now?

This is the time to put down the hate and start lookin out for one another, regardless of race, creed, or religious circles. I dont think that one day we will wake up and the clouds will be black, but that they will become black over the next year or so. I am glad that last night that I had the opportunity to be with my family and friends to finally come together and appreciate who we really are. Much Love.

Our financial institution has crippled the worlds population for greed, and eventhough what they did was horrible, may i wish the best to them to, for they will get theirs, not by us, but by something much greater. May they find some love in their hearts to do something good for the people. I know its a lot to ask, but its all we have left. I dont think any battle or war can settle an issue as big as this, but its inevitable. May our children be well, our women treated with respect, and our men to only die for what they truly believe in, their families.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Oh please! If we undergo a global depression it is because they want it so. Remember your history.

Global economic crises are constructs of those who hold the monopoly on currency AND the political power to use it to their advantage.

The BIS is the very heart of the beast. And our collective leaders are their 'bitches.'

I would say more..., but my diatribe would get fairly raw after that!

new topics

top topics

join