It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops eye 'roid rage in wrestler's murder-suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

For those who partake in wrestling entertainment, the death of Chris Benoit, his wife and young child was probably shocking. I used to watch the stuff many years ago and one of the people I watched was a young Benoit. The police now believe he took the like of his wife Nancy and his young son.

I ask you if steroids have any place in this world. I don’t blame Benoit for losing reality. I blame the industry that creates this tragedy. The makers of this product and the money that controls it. I don’t think things will change anytime soon, because face it we like what we see. Baseball players hitting home runs, football players crushing each other and wrestlers who dive off the top rope and elbow smash the bad guy. I met Chris once in Baltimore at a WCW event years ago and he seemed down to earth. I guess they have to put on fronts and play the game. However what a tragedy this was.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
No sympathy for him.
when does personal responsibility become a factor?

as for his child and wife? Thats just horrific; I dont believe in a hell, but if there is, I hope to see him there.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The medical profession is quite dishonest downplaying the dangers of steroids.There needs to be an open acknowledgment of this as a problem for society. Until then we can't deal with it.

I have seen steroid rages. People get quite paranoid because the medication creates anxiety problems.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
No sympathy for him.
when does personal responsibility become a factor?

as for his child and wife? Thats just horrific; I dont believe in a hell, but if there is, I hope to see him there.

As for what he did, I don’t give him quarter either evil place he was in for sure. However as long as the steroid option is available this wont be the last one of these. I treat steroids as an addiction just like coc aine or alcohol. Steroids give the user the confidence and the means to hold a job that pays high money for the most cut, most powerful person. No different in any pro sport, and is embraced by the fan it seems. What Benoit did was of course horrific but ask yourself if it would have happened if he were clean of steroids. He took them for 20 years yes it was wrong but if the roids weren’t there in the beginning then they live happily ever after.

Im in no way condoning what he did, i just try now to see why he did it. And the answer is he did it because the roids had finally taken their price for success.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
He was giving his son human growth hormone???? What a douchebag!

Benoit was listed at 5-10, which probably means he was more like 5-8. Insecurity and a Napolean complex probably started him down the road to steroids. I've seen 'roid rage before, mostly with smaller guys.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join