It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Denial Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 07:32 AM
link   
'Active Denial Technology is a breakthrough non-lethal technology that uses millimeter-wave electromagnetic energy to stop, deter and turn back an advancing adversary from relatively long range. It is expected to save countless lives by providing a way to stop individuals without causing injury, before a deadly confrontation develops.
The technology was developed by the Air Force Research Laboratory and the Department of Defense's Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate. Approximately $40 million has been spent on this technology over the past ten years.'

'This non-lethal technology was developed in response to Department of Defense needs for field commanders to have options short of the use of deadly force. Non-lethal technologies can be used for protection of Defense resources, peacekeeping, humanitarian missions and other situations in which the use of lethal force is undesirable.'

'Active Denial Technology uses a transmitter to send a narrow beam of energy towards an identified subject. Traveling at the speed of light, the energy reaches the subject and penetrates less than 1/64 of an inch into the skin, quickly heating up the skin's surface. Within seconds, an individual feels an intense heating sensation that stops when the transmitter is shut off or when the individual moves out of the beam.'

the rest ....

The Vehicle-Mounted Active Denial System concept

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Well, it's not new for me. When I was FCO I did this with an Hi-Power Radar ( illumination air targets purpose ).But in fact, I was able to " illuminate" everything, even peoples. Of course, it was a High Power mico-wave beam, so it was very dangerous for the " illimunated " peoples. I have been beamed myself and it's not a very funny feeling !

I was feeling very " hot ".

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Check out this thread ultra_phoenix.

Mirowave beam weapons

I heard the aegis radars can fry electronics with about 4 million watts of energy within 50 miles ( 80km ) as well.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Check out this thread ultra_phoenix.

Mirowave beam weapons

I heard the aegis radars can fry electronics with about 4 million watts of energy within 50 miles ( 80km ) as well.

It's done.

We can do a lot of things with these MW beam. When I told you about my FCO service, I forgot to tell you that this HP radar was an old one ( almost 20 years ), and I was FCO there is 17 years ago. 20 + 17 = 37 years !

I wonder what they can do now.

top topics

join