It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wrestler Benoit, wife and son found dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yeah, you're absolutely right.

I found this web page with some of the info:

nodq.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This is really interesting, although, it's still speculation:

nodq.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
A little more info:

A law enforcement official close to the investigation says pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room.

The family was found dead Monday, and authorities were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide. Investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, 47, and son, Daniel, 7, over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

“The details, when they come out, are going to prove a little bizarre,” Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper.

www.edmontonsun.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Google News Search

[edit on 2007/6/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

As of the last I read, and this is so strange, Chris strangled his wife and smothered his son Sunday night. He took his own life on Monday.
What shocks everyone in the buisness is that Chris Benoit was THE family-man of the WWE. His own family was everything to him and that is really odd.
As to those that explode with hate and outrage here, you have NO idea what happened in those 24 hours at the Benoit home. You can get upset with the senseless death of a 7 year old. I understand that. But you have very little information to pass any sort of Judgement until more comes out.

My heart goes out to his surviving son and daughter. To the WWE family which feel his absence as much as his family. My heart goes out to the fans who enjoyed what Chris Benoit did. DAMN! He did it well. Any fan of professional wrestling was a fan of Chris Benoit. He was a spectacular technical wrestler and I enjoyed his matches very much. He was a force on the mat and went over and beyond EVERYTIME.

He will be missed.
Cuhail

Not to start anything but I mean it is kind of obvious if he sent text messages and was calling over the weekend about his family. It seems to me that he killed them and did not know what to do maybe he did on steroid rage and realized what he did after. That why he did not kill himself till Monday because there just was no way out of what he did

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
But for you to feel sorry for him when you dont know the information either is kind of hypocritical

And I never said his wife did it.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I just heard on CNN that one of the investigators said that his wife was bound around her hands and ankles.
That shows premeditation, in my opinion.

This is getting crazy.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It's definitely looking that he did the whole thing.
I'm thoroughly shocked.

I'm glued to the net/tv to find out more.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Not to start anything but I mean it is kind of obvious if he sent text messages and was calling over the weekend about his family.

What's obvious? Do YOU know what the text messages were? I speculate, from the info I've heard, they were Bible passages sent to fellow wrestlers/friends at WWE. This is what prompted WWE co-workers to call in a wellness check. I see dementia written all over this. Again, my speculation.

It seems to me that he killed them and did not know what to do maybe he did on steroid rage and realized what he did after. That why he did not kill himself till Monday because there just was no way out of what he did

I somewhat agree. I think the steroids DO have a lot to do with it. I have to stress that steroid use has two faces. It's a wonderful drug that reduces swelling and it's a mass-builder for muscles. As much as I believe Chris Benoit was ON steroids, I'd bet my left foot it wasn't for "bulking up" but for the neck injury he sustained earlier in his career. They work. I know. I wouldn't be sitting in the chair I'm in right now if it wasn't for the steroids that shrunk my two herniated discs.
I also know that while I was on the steroids, I had awful bouts with anger and depression. Holy schnikies, that was the scariest two weeks of my life. My mind did NOT work in the manner it normally did. If Chris Benoit added alchohol to that mix (He received a DUI within the last month), who KNOWS what the hell was going on in his head.

But for you to feel sorry for him when you dont know the information either is kind of hypocritical

I don't feel sorry for him. Read my post. I never said anything about his wife.
I, honestly, feel bad for ME. I miss Eddie Guererro for the same reasons. I won't get to see anymore matches with these awesome entertainers.

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ok sorry i missed quoted you. Looks like we basically agree sorry I have no tolerance for people killing children I have a 12 month old son myself

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
www.lordsofpain.net...

# Bob Ryder from 1wrestling.com is reporting that sources close to Nancy Benoit say she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages from Chris Benoit, and if anythng were to happen to her, police should check the box. Ryder also reports that about a year ago Chris became paranoid and thought that he was always being followed and would not let Nancy leave the house. In addition, some friends close to Chris say that he hated religion while others say he recently became religious.

# Some quotes from an interview with District Attorney Scott Ballard - sports.espn.go.com...
In an interview with ESPN.com on Tuesday, Ballard indicated that the boy had needle marks in his arms. The district attorney said he believed that the boy had been given growth hormones for some time because the family considered him undersized. That was only one of the strange facts that Ballard revealed. He said that two text messages of note caused authorities to investigate the house. In one, Benoit told somebody he knew that his wife and son were sick. "Of course, they were dead," Ballard told ESPN.com. In a second message to a neighbor, Benoit said that the door of the house was open and the pets were outside. "And our assumption is that that was an effort to try and get somebody to come find the bodies after the suicide," Ballard said. "That is our assumption."

Ballard said that Benoit's wife, 43, was killed Friday in an upstairs family room, her feet and wrists were bound and there was blood under her head, indicating a possible struggle. Ballard told ESPN.com that it appeared that she had been pinned to the floor and asphyxiated with some sort of cable. The son, Daniel, was probably killed late Saturday or early Sunday, the body found in his bed, Ballard said. The district attorney indicated that he had been choked to death. Benoit, 40, apparently killed himself several hours and as long as a day later, Ballard said. His body was found in a downstairs weight room, his body found hanging from the pulley of a piece of exercise equipment. Ballard said that he had used weights, the pulley and cable to choke himself to death.

Getting bizarre enough yet?
It's looking more and more like a psychotic break, probably due to the long term steroid use.

[edit on 6/26/2007 by wu kung]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Here is a timeline of communications as reported by WrestlingINC. That is where i have been following the information. since i first learned of it yesterday afternoon.

Below is a detailed WWE/Chris Benoit timeline from Saturday to Monday:

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Chris Benoit was scheduled to appear at the WWE Smackdown/ ECW live event in Beaumont, Texas

3:30pm A co-worker received a voice message from Benoit. The message from Benoit stated he missed his flight and over slept and would be late to the WWE Live Event. The co-worker called Benoit back, Benoit confirmed everything he said in his voice message and sounded tired and groggy. Benoit then stated, “I love you”. The co-worker stated that it was “out of context.”

3:42pm The same co-worker was concerned with Benoit’s tone and demeanor and called Benoit for a second time. Benoit did not answer the call and the co-worker left a message stating “just call me back.”

3:44pm Benoit called the co-worker back stating he didn’t answer the call because he was on the phone with Delta changing his flight. Benoit stated he had a real stressful day due to Nancy and Daniel being sick with food poisoning. They discussed travel plans for the WWE Tour of Texas with Benoit still sounding groggy at this point according to the co-worker.

Complete Timeline Here

Roid rage, simple hectic life snap, we just dont know at this point. People have a tendency to forget that everyone in the limelight are people too with everyday lives that crazy stuff goes on, just like your own. Killing of anyone is insane to begin with, much less a woman and child. His sons killing is being billed as something of a mercy killing due to his mild retardation from Fragile X Syndrome. Hence the needle marks from growth hormones. And i quote

Winthrope noted that the lack of support for those affected by the disorder can tear families apart. Nonetheless, "she couldn't believe the news that Benoit had taken his life along with his wife and 7-year-old son," wrote News 1130.

This may explain why Daniel was taking growth hormone injections. It also may shed light onto why Chris didn't want someone else raising his son and made the fateful decision to kill him. As irrational and twisted as it may sound, he may have felt he was saving his son from the double-blow of losing his parents through a murder-suicide and being subject to being raised by people who didn't understand or care for his condition.

This whole situation is 1. Jacked up to no end, and 2. Way out there in circumstances. I feel torn between the admiration of a great wrestler and the disgust of the actions taken behind the scenes by Chris.

wukung, ive watched Beniot since the NWA days (20+ years ago)with the early run of the 4 horsemen. WCW wasnt even a thought yet. Chris was a replacement for Ole Anderson, Arns brother. Ric Flair, Ole and Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard were the original 4 horseman.

This is about all ive got to say on this sad sad ordeal.

Silver

MOD EDIT:Large Quote

[edit on 27-6-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Did you guys see the thing about his Wikipedia page being updated to say his wife dies 14 hours before the cops found the bodies? This is just strange.

abcnews.go.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join