It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Spiritualist Predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I have recently been seeking out various predictions to be found among published material from mediums working during the late C19th & earlier C20th, pre-WWII, when Spiritualism was very popular. Some of them look very interesting and quite promising. I have a mind to start collecting these together properly and making a study of them, as those that I have so far found have tended to focus largely on the late C20th up to the present and being in published writings have therefore provable dates should they be found to have been atall accurate.

What I would like to ask here is whether anyone knows of any existing studies of this kind or of any relevant subject material that might be useful for such a study. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
J.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well the most obvious example would be Edgar Cayce. He made thousands of predictions, many of which came true.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Thanks Vipassana
Edgar Cayce is certainly on my list - although because he's already been studied extensively I may just keep old Edgar to one side and compare his predictions with the others once I've assembled a reasonable body of material. I would really like to try and find more of the less well known characters such as William Stainton Moses.

With those that I have so far found, prediction has not been the main focus of their work and such predictions as there are have come out more as a 'by the way' sort of thing embedded within the writings such that it requires much digging around to find them, which is why I'm hoping for suggestions that may make the search a little easier.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Helena Blavatsky, born of Russian Nobility

www.blavatsky.net...

in the top 1% must reads

as far as obscure 'seers', who are local legends...
use the Google search...i've run across scores over the years.

have a nice day,

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Thanks St Udio, but I'm looking specifically for Spiritualist mediums of the late C19th and early C20th. The likes of Geraldine Cummins, whose works I haven't gone through yet to see if there is any prophetic material among them, but who is on my 'to read' list. Likewise the material collected and published in The Spirit's Book by Allen Kardec.

I guess I was just hoping that others would have come across predictions made by such people already that would allow me to narrow the search a little, save me having to read quite so many books, but I'm starting to get the feeling that there probably isn't enough interest in Spiritualism here - which I guess just leaves me with that hefty reading list. Oh well...

[edit on 26-6-2007 by skjalddis]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There was a guy I trained with for a few years. He was a spiritualist. For many many years, he would go to a trance medium every week, and they would talk to various spiritual guides. He has thousands of hours of recordings of these sessions. From these sessions, and his lifetime of spiritual training, he wrote a book.

detailing what they came across. www.lulu.com...

He has other books in various stages of production.

The book contains a variety of things, and seeks to answer many questions, everything from what happens when we die, what is the nature of Christ, what is our future, etc. Totally worth the read.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Mother Shipton is pretty fascinating, she was considerd a witch. I think she was from the 16th or 17th century though.

There was also a poor Geman who prophesied both world wars and predicts a third. His name was Stormberger and he was astonishingly accurate!

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
Well the most obvious example would be Edgar Cayce. He made thousands of predictions, many of which came true.

While that is true, I wouldn't label Cayce a spiritualist. To me, a spiritualist falls more along the lines of Jane Roberts, Swedenborg, Mesmer, Kardec, the Fox Sisters, et cetera.

[edit on 26-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by skjalddis
Thanks St Udio, but I'm looking specifically for Spiritualist mediums of the late C19th and early C20th. The likes of Geraldine Cummins, whose works I haven't gone through yet to see if there is any prophetic material among them, but who is on my 'to read' list. Likewise the material collected and published in The Spirit's Book by Allen Kardec.

[

Blavatsky did claim to be a medium, during the late 19th century.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Blavatsky did claim to be a medium, during the late 19th century.

Yeah, I know, I was replying to the suggestion that I use Google to find local legendary seers

I was rather hoping that someone might throw in a few suggestions that I didn't already know about, maybe be able to point me in the direction of published works in which predictions appeared. But thanks everyone for your contributions anyway, I appreciate that you made the effort to post.

Re. Cayce - he was not a Spiritualist as such, but his method of working was sufficiently like trance mediumship to warrant including him, I think, maybe - haven't quite decided yet, depends what else I manage to find.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
skjalddis

u2u me to remind me of this post... its very late here andI am sorry I have not the time to search for things, I have quite a few books in my collection on this theme though I will need to dig them out.

Google too is it baddenborg....mmm? not sure he was a Danish scientist of some genius who gained prophetic and mediumistic abilities too. It was said he was known in the spirit world as the unnacountable one as he was the only human to ever be able to live simultaniously in both the spirit world and the material plane at the same time, no trance etc. He also predicted the burning down of a a fellow dinners house at a party as it was happening, in multile witness environments with the most respected members of the community. swedish maybe... anyhow good luck and will give you the links if you remind me.

Regards

Elf.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the U2U skjalddis.... will post any info I find now here for everyones benefit... yep you were right Emmanual Swedenborg was th guy I walking about above the scientist...

an amazing man and much much proven and unquestionable displays of premonition including people exact times of death.

Swedenborg Wiki

The Swedenborg Society Bloomsbury London

William Fuller from America Former Baptist Minister turned spritualist and healer.... he healed peoples cavities too with gold fillings. 25,000 people claimed such experiances with him.

(Mindpower s.webb & Son Island - Books orbis publishing 1997)

Daniel Douglas Home ... much celebrated and written about here is a good start... many accounts of him flying/levitating in very very believable company multile witness again.

The ManWho Could fly?

and of course his female contempory at the time in europe ... italy Eusapia Palladino

Wiki Eusapia Palladino

not aspiritualist but of much interest here.... a case of proven bi location or astral projection in 1854 Emilie Sagee a french teacher, after some mediations and prayers. Multiple witnesses again.
(strange but true- s.webb & son - orbis publishing 1997)

Henry Slade the American Medium (above book as source) and his experiments with Proffessor of Physics and Astronomy at the university of Leipzig, germany in 1878.

in controlled laboratory conditions the Physics Proffessor makes a statement about the levitation of objects and messages emanating from the medium. He did much else besides this but very strongly substantiated as proof of mediumistic abilities.

June Knowles was able to read peoples minds at an early stage and also had telekinestic powers to move objects. She did this including moving compasses in controled laboratory conditions and witnesses throughout.
(publisher, author etc as above title = Hidden Forces)

Eliphas Levi - Madame Blavatsky's uncelebrated tutor and magical revisonist.

Wiki on Levi

Alice Bailey

Wiki on Alice

Dion Fortune .... im sure you know already anyhow

Wiki on Fortune

Betty Shine .... The reluctant healer... very famous

Shine on Wiki

The mysterious though influencial Justin Haig

Wiki on Justin Haig

Some books that may help further are those above all from the same series and also

Revelations The Wisdom of the Ages... Paul Roland carlton books 1995

also from the following series of books as follows
s.webb & Son Island - Books orbis publishing 1997

Mindpower
The Supernatural Earth
Hidden Forces
Incredible Phenomina
Mysteries of time and Space
Strange but True
The Superhumans
Eternal Enigmas.

I have much more on this though they are in storage so you will have to wait a few weeks till I can get the info for you... sorry but I will do it in the very near future.

Hope this helps your quest somewhat until then.

Kind regards

Elf

[edit on 27-6-2007 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Thankyou very much for that MischievousElf,that is a great help indeed.

Some of those I know about, but many I didn't. Please don't go to any trouble for me, I shall get on with attempting to find out whether any of these people made any useful predictions. Much appreciated, thanks again.

To clarify, what I am hoping to do is the following:

Although the work of most of these people, ie. Spiritualist mediums, was not directly concerned with making predictions, at least a few of them did make some. My intention is to collect those predictions together. Those predictions that I am most interested in are those that might concern the later C20th to around the present time, that might easily be assessed for accuracy. Because the primary purpose of many of these people was not predicting the future as such, it seems possible that there may be predictions that they made in the course of their work that not have been properly examined, naturally this is more likely with the less well-known figures whose work has become obscure, which is why I am particularly looking for those. What I do with it all really depends on what I am able to find, but if I find sufficient material of interest I hope eventually to put together some kind of report.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Pleasure my friend,

Glad brought some new information on this to you....

I will post some more links as said... dont worry want to re read some of the books anyhow......

A 19TH C spiritualist called Elf predicted that information would be posted here in the beggining of july 2007! wa ha we have our first one!

Kind regards

Elf

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Just thought I'd throw this in, by the by...

Madame Blavatsky reportedly predicted the following:

We are at the close of the cycle of 5,000 years of the present Aryan Kali Yuga or dark age. This will be succeeded by an age of light. Even now under our very eyes, the new Race or Races are preparing to be formed, and that is in America that the transformation will take place, and has already silently commenced. This Race will be altered in mentality and will move toward a more perfect spiritual existence.

That the periodical sinking and reappearance of mighty continents, now called Atlantean and Lemurian by modern writers, is not fiction will be demonstrated. It is only in the 20th century that portions, if not the whole, of the present work will be vindicated.

A world destruction as happened to Atlantis 11,000 years ago, will occur. Instead of Atlantis, all of England and parts of NW European coast will sink into the sea, in contrast, the sunken Azores region, the Isle of Poseidonis, will again be raised from the sea.

www.crystalinks.com...

That is all very very similar to stuff that Edgar Cayce predicted, and of course has not yet, so far as we can see, occurred - at least, the latter two parts haven't, hard to judge the first.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
skjalddis

tyanks for that.... I just noticed your signature.... hope the walk up the hill was worh it? scream for the gods to prevail on top of the hill when you get there....

may all beings find love peace and happiness

so on that side note I thought you might be interested in this which is back on topic:

Alexander David Neal

At the age of 18, she had already visited England, Switzerland and Spain on her own, and she was studying in Madame Blavatsky's Theosophical Society.

Wiki on Her

Neal Official Website

She was a 19th C british explorer who went to tibet and the surrounding areas. She was the first wetern woman to be ordained a monk in tibet and became an skilled adept at tantric and magic practises... including creating thought forms wtnessed by other westerners who thought it was a monk, this thoughtform had to be detroyed by Neal as it got malicious.

Of interest Dion Fortune one of her teachers had a similair experiance with a werwolf thoughtform that she had to subdue and destroy.

Im not sure if you have heard of her? though I am sure you have so I wont go into too much detail. She wrote many books which can be found still today... she lived to over 100 years old.

Very interesting woman for the time you are looking at.

Hope this helps more.

May Love Light Wisdom Peace Prosperity and Happiness come to all who read this!

Kind Regards

Elf

PS a wonderfull book on modern tibetan tulkus and reincarnation,I would strongly recommend it to anyone who is interested in this area to get it:

Reborn in The West - Vicki McKensie

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by skjalddis
Just thought I'd throw this in, by the by...

Madame Blavatsky reportedly predicted the following:

We are at the close of the cycle of 5,000 years of the present Aryan Kali Yuga or dark age. This will be succeeded by an age of light. Even now under our very eyes, the new Race or Races are preparing to be formed, and that is in America that the transformation will take place, and has already silently commenced. This Race will be altered in mentality and will move toward a more perfect spiritual existence.

That the periodical sinking and reappearance of mighty continents, now called Atlantean and Lemurian by modern writers, is not fiction will be demonstrated. It is only in the 20th century that portions, if not the whole, of the present work will be vindicated.

A world destruction as happened to Atlantis 11,000 years ago, will occur. Instead of Atlantis, all of England and parts of NW European coast will sink into the sea, in contrast, the sunken Azores region, the Isle of Poseidonis, will again be raised from the sea.

www.crystalinks.com...

That is all very very similar to stuff that Edgar Cayce predicted, and of course has not yet, so far as we can see, occurred - at least, the latter two parts haven't, hard to judge the first.

Blavatsky was a Theosophist who was a very, very anti-Spiritualist who HATED the Spiritualist Church. In fact, she and her followers had much to do with the progressive decline in popularity of the Spiritualist Church at the end of the 19th century and into the 20th.

top topics

join