It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice from the Sky? Now Fireballs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ok, now I have read many articles of ice blocks from the sky. I am not sure that I believe the stories of airplanes emptying chemical toilets while in flight (which they don't do) or the thought that it is another symptom of global warming.

Spain is one of the first countries to study this phenomenon in which the call the giant blocks of ice "megacryometeors." It seems that in January 2000, ice chunks weighing up to 6.6 pounds crashed down from cloudless skies in Spain for 10 days. Most ice blocks seem to fall in January, February and March.

But now Fireballs?

Even a photo: www.unknowncountry.com...

According to unknowncountry.com, "Hundreds" of witnesses there saw balls of fire in the sky. So was it a metorite as big as 50 to 100 tons as some claim? Or a piece of Earth's own space garbage coming down?

I'm sure there must be some rational explanation.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
That pic looks photoshopped to me. That lens-flare is tell-tale photoshop all the way.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Ehh...yes it does look photo-shopped.. but that could also be space debree...There's PLENTY of it.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
definitly a bad photoshop here. the lens flares just dont cut it. i used to have a program that did just lensflares, and even though it did them better than ive ever seen photoshop to do, they still were PAINFULLY obvious to any observer. maybe if the flares were there it would have been a believeable pic. good luck next time.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Hundreds report seeing fireballs fall from sky in Spain
Monday, January 5, 2004

MADRID, Spain (Reuters) -- Hundreds of witnesses reported seeing fireballs cross the skies of northern Spain on Sunday in what authorities said may have been a disintegrating meteorite, Spanish radio said.

www.cnn.com...

You knuckleheads. IT REALLY HAPPENED. The pics are real.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Did it ever occur to you that photoshop's lens flair is based on an ACTUAL lense flair and may look VERY real? And sometimes real ones look like the ones in photoshop?

Also, notice the power of suggestion! It's psychology! Someone suggested that it's photoshop and everyone else just nods and smiles lol... sure seems like it too.

I'm not saying it isn't, but I'm not saying it is either. I'm open to any possibility here... meteorites DO happen..

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I am aware that meteors do sometimes enter the earth's atmosphere. I was just stating that the picture above looked very fake. That does not mean I am saying this event didn't take place. The picture could have just been an artist's interpretation.

Also, if you will notice. The CNN story is still there, but the pics have changed. The one they have on there now looks to be genuine. In this day of digital manipulation anything can be faked.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
wasn't there video of this too?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
[sarcasm]You didn't see the second photo !?! It's even more proof that it actually happened. The fireballs were everywhere. It's awesome, really.[/sarcasm]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ice from the sky? Now fireballs? When will the frogs and locust start.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I've recreated the exact lense flare pattern in photoshop.
The photo is a Photoshop edited pic, if I ever saw one.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
raining frogs are a known phenomenon actually...
as well as fish.

I think the commonly accepted theory is storms (especially circular ones like tornadoes) pick up tadpoles and minnows, which then mature a little bit in frozen stasis in the clouds, then eventually get too heavy (like rain itself) and come down, thawing on the way.... This is from memory, so there may be more details I'm missing here....

As for the fireballs, likely meteorites or space debris... Ice blocks, are likely similar to the frog/fish thing, where the ice in the cloud gets too condensed, and then falls (but unlike hail, it originates from a bigger piece)

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
And, were those chemtrails behind them? Look just like the ones that come out of airplanes, so it must be right?

top topics

join