It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's bad to let anything suck you in.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I was once a fool. I once believed everything that other people said and I once believed what other people said to be the truth. I used to get really defensive when someone spoke out of something and then I used to try to attack them for having an opinion. I think that when you are sucked into something, you don't realize the consequences it might have on you, due to it sucking you in to it. I feel that people that are constantly sucked into something feel that they may have nothing better to do. Those who are afraid to try to do something because they are being made fun of need to be stronger. It's not good to let yourself be made fun of because it shows a vulnerability and a weakness of yourself to other people. If someone says something to you if you let what they say get to you what they say will get you angry. So, I feel that acting smart in these situations is more appropriate than not acting smart but if you don't act on the situation at all its' a good thing. People have emotions. I have emotions, you have emotions, your girlfriend/boyfriend has emotions, and if people cannot accept those emotions they will be shooting themselves in the foot, because if they get you into thinking about something which actually is a big lie, that's what makes them look bad, it doesn't make you look bad.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Maverickhunter I agree with you. However it is hard when it comes to being sucked into a personal attack. I've been there, and it sucks. You feel the need to defend yourself. And why? Because most of the time it's people who have nothing better to do, people who hold a grudge, who have to irritate other people because their life is crap. Especially over the internet, it is exremely cowardly.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
vckums, those people may hold a grudge, but those people want you to be different than who you are. Those people that do that to you don't really know you. They want you to think that you know them but all they do is annoy you and bother you and make it seem like you're bothering them because they want it to look like you're talking to them at appropriate times. If you told someone something and they said "I don't care" or they just gave you a one word response, they are really trying to get you aggravated, aren't they? So, what do you do in those situations? Try saying something to give them a taste of their own medicine back to them-- or they will think that you're blameful and that you're full of blame and that they can do anything to you. You need to do it, but you can't do it when you just start to know them. If they keep on bothering you, they will understand why you lashed out at them, after they have known you for a bit, and will act differently to you then, and only then will they do so. If you say something to someone and they stop talking to you and talk to someone else, people will think you're crazy, and it's a reflection of their actions, not your own.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Very nicely put. I have shut out a few poeple who I once thought were friends. But thier true colors showed and I don't need the drama. However they are at it again. I belong to a small community online, and they feel the need to have a talk with me, over issues they have. I've done no wrong, have tried to explain, but they choose to not accept what I say. They have kept dragging this on and on. I've had enough, said so and I'm not going to let them irritate me.
It's a big weight off my shoulders. I've spoken to the site owner and she totally understands. So internet ego's be gone! Go get a life and leave others lives alone.
Thanks for making me feel better!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I added you as a friend, hope that was ok.

top topics

join