It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court nixes suit over faith-based plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Supreme Court nixes suit over faith-based plan

www.msnbc.msn.com

The Supreme Court on Monday barred ordinary taxpayers from challenging a White House initiative helping religious charities get a share of federal money.

The 5-4 decision dealt with a suit by a group of atheists and agnostics against eight Bush administration officials including the head of the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This is not an unusual opinion. I as a taxpayer do not have standing to challenge a law based solely on the argument "my money is being misspent." There must be a direct harm to the person suing; that is nearly impossible to show here. Merely being upset with how the money is being spent is not sufficient.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Wow, good find, Togetic. New info for me. This is scary.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
you need need to find one or more people who have gone to one of these state funded agencies for help, and have had the religious dogma preached to them....convince them to sue...
then you would have a case. you'd have even a bigger case if the person was refused the help because they refused to listen to the dogma.

I got a feeling that if you looked hard enough you probably could find a few people who actually meet these conditions.

top topics

join