It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know what Presidential Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hello all, Im interested in finding the Kennedy Presidential Order that disband the CIA (EO *****)?

Anyone know?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
He didn't. He never got the chance. His last official order signed, was to begin withdrawing some troops from Vietnam. He was going to dismantle the CIA after re-election, with Bobby leading the effort, if I recall correctly....

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
any links to any documents or additional information about this?

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

On November 14, Kennedy signed an order to begin the withdrawal by removing 1,000 troops. In private, Kennedy let it be known the military was not going to railroad him into continuing the war. Many of the hard-line anti-Communists including FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover would have to be purged. Bobby Kennedy would be put in charge of dismantling the CIA. President Kennedy told Senator Mike Mansfield of his plans to tear the CIA "into a thousand pieces and scatter it to the wind." But these plans had to wait for

Kennedy's reelection in 1964. And in order to win that election, he had to secure the South. Which is why Kennedy went to Texas later that month.

Could John Kennedy have stopped the war in Vietnam, as was his obvious intention? America will never know. His command to begin the Vietnam withdrawal was his last formal executive order. Just after noon on November 22, President Kennedy was murdered while driving through downtown Dallas, in full view of dozens of ardent supporters, and while surrounded by police and personal bodyguards. Twenty-eight years later, grave doubts still linger about who pulled the trigger(s), who ordered the assassination, and why our government has done so little to bring justice forth.

Quickest one I could find about it....

Here's the site link, from an older magazine...

www.jfklancer.com...

Actually though, this was his last order....that I could find, 5 days prior to the 14th...

www.lib.umich.edu...

and a complete list of them....

www.lib.umich.edu...

I did find this one though, which seems to lay the groundwork for it...

www.lib.umich.edu...

Hope this helps....

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thanks, Ill get to work on it.

top topics

join