It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honestly, do you really want disclosure??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I just got to thinking about this. If the government comes out tommorow and says "ya their real, blah, blah, blah".

What happens next??

Maybe its just me, but I enjoy the thrill of the hunt. What happens if their is nothing to uncover tommorow? Ya It would be cool for a week or two just finding out the answers to the ufo thing, but then what?

Its kind of like spending the night in a bar seeing that hottie accros the room, and slowly working your majic to get him/her back home with you.

After all your hard work and troubles (If your lucky enough), you get him/her home, and seal the deal!! ;-)

But then their is always the morning after, that uncomfortable feel, etc, etc. Those of us who have had this experiance know exactly what I'm talking about!!

Well now its 7am and I'm no longer interested, got what I wanted, and the thrill of the chase is gone!!

I don't know maybe its just me but I like the hunt better than the end result alot of the times!!

By the way I am married now and havent done this in years, just was putting a little bit of real world experiances to comparison!!

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I do see your point redseal, however you have to look at it from several different perspectives. You could say, "ok i know there are aliens, area 51 was really a downed extraterestrial craft etc.. now what am i going to do with my time?" Well, I think that there is more to it then that for most. It all really depends on how passionate you are about a subject. I know people who are marine biologists and they could go on for hours and hours about a certain type of seaweed..If there truely are aliens and there is a disclosure I feel that there will never be an end to the information and questions that we seek to be answered. I feel that once we know something is true for a fact, it opens up a floodgate of other possiblities and questions which can all interweave and relate to eachother on some level. You married your wife right? there must have been something other then simply "the thrill of the chase" for you to do that am i right?

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The truth, always, no matter how hard it could be for the most. Again, the truth, always. We can't build a real civilization if things like this are being hidden to the public.

[edit on 24-6-2007 by JackHill]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
1. I consider disclosure inevitable and in our lifetime

BECAUSE

it will be necessary to have things more overt for them to use the ET/UFO stuff to coerce the world's citizens into the global tyrannical government.

2. I do NOT want disclosure for that basic reason. When it comes, the rush to the tyrannical government cannot be long behind. I prefer freedom to tyranny.

3. I realize much of our freedom has already been stolen, eroded etc. But what is left is still greatly more than what will be left.

Thankfully, God will right things . . . after a relatively short time--7 years or so, imho.

But the horrors between now and then . . . will escalte off the scale, imho.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Disclosure will result in panic, civil disruption and overwhelming attendance at religious services. Some governments will collapse and some wars will start.

I don't care. I am sick of being treated like a child and being lied to "for my own protection". Who do the PTB think they are in denying the truth to the public? We supposedly live in democracies but when the people are treated like moronic dunderheads, democracy does not exist.

The longer they leave it, the more difficult disclosure will be. And when the people find out how long the knowledge has been withheld, how many so called "leaders" will receive the vilification and revenge they deserve?

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
well this isnt a "what will hapen thread"

Its a "do you really want it" thread.

Ive seen everyones posts about what if and such..I'm just thinki ng about what I will do for a hobby if the day ever comes!

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Do we want it? I think the vast majority of us do and besides,it will open a million other mysteries for us to chase...if we're not running for our lives.
At any rate. Disclosure isn't for the the people who already know...it's for the people who don't and I'll be very interested to find out exactly how many people really do know.

Wicked

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Sure I do. The "Hunt" can only go on for so long before you get tired of it. Sooner or later you want her to get around to dropping her panties. (To use your classy metaphor)

It's like the Lost TV series. Hints are fine and fun for a while, but damnit, just say what's going on.

It would open up a vast array of ideas and possibilities to the world. Yes, Live can exist elsewhere. Yes, there is a way to get there. Yes, we have someone new to talk to and discover new ways of thinking. Religions would have to adapt, as would Science.

It would be very cool.

And the old cliche of Mass Panic!!!! is just dumb. Unless the Aliens intend to destroy us, of course.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I want the world to go forward. I want us to get off fossil fuels and have open access to free energy technologies . I'm sick of being lied to. I wouldn't freak out. The time for disclosure is long overdue.

[edit on 25-6-2007 by RiotComing]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Personally, I really DO want disclosure.
The reason why is quite simple. Think about the opportunities it will open up. new technologies, philosophies and other such things will be able to be explored, as well as, potentially, the universe. A a previous poster said - one hunt ends and another begins.

As for people becoming hysterical, I just can't see it. I also kinda think that people will abandon their churches in droves.

Not sure why I think this - it's just a hunch.

Disclosure? BRING IT ON! People are not as dumb and easily scared as some people think.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
LMAO @ the justifcation at the end, nah but seriouslyi know exactly where your coming from, but the UFO phenomona has gone on for to long now and answers really need to be brought foward, the truth.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Let me think about this for a minute. Do I really want full discloure...hmmm. Okay, I have decided which way I am voting on this issue. YES!!! Full disclosure would be lovely. Thank you and god speed.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
If disclosure was to be decided on by the Government, it would be for a reason to achieve something. Obviously, given the nature of whats being disclosed... this 'something' would make things very interesting -- a change in our boring little existence. About time, don't you think? I know I'm BORED.

[edit on 25/6/07 by Navieko]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'm still not entirely sure what 'disclosure' would actually entail. I'd be happy and feel somewhat vindicated if we were to be told that, OK, yes, we think that some of the things seen in the past 60 years may have been interplanetary, alien, etc. However...

There is no reason why 'full disclosure' should ever happen. Even if there was a sighting so huge that no one would be left in any doubt as to ETH thing all the government would have to say is, "Whoa! Who'd a thunk it?!" They don't ever need to let us know the full history of what may or may not have been going on.

And I'm sure we have all heard the examples as to how the likes of Robert Emmenegger, Linda Moulton Howe, etc. were offered 'footage' only to have that offer take away at the last minute. It's the same as all this Aviary/SERPO B.S. Remember the Paul Bennewitz stuff? I think all of this is done on purpose to take us all on a huge emotional rollercoaster -- one that we'll want to get off and step away from for the sake of our wellbeing.

The arrogance of the CIA/DIA/whoever to be spreading this stuff is breathtakingly brazen. And anyone who thinks that there really will be a sudden admission from the government anytime soon is sadly mistaken.

Having said all of that --
-- I found the Disney Alien Encounters stuff on Yahoo Video last Friday. And coming from them I found its stance quite surprising. See...

Part 1
Part 2

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I personaly want disclosure, The hunt would just begin ,what do they eat,where do they live,how long have they been coming to earth,can I meet one, ride there ship,etc,etc,,,,,,

new topics

top topics

join