It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Cracks Down on Dissent, Parading Examples

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The Fox News corporate entity has hired two of the most Scandal ridden reporters of all time, Geraldo Rivera (remember the chair thowing incident??) and Bill Orielly (used to be a reporter on Inside Edition). These two need to have some You tube videos thrown at them as far as there past. I remember watching Bill Orielly when the Iraq war was going on, I admit I was brainwashed and watched the invasion 24/7, and went "I remember him" and was laughing my ass off. I also remember him doing an interview not so long ago when someone on the panel asked him if he was the same guy from that show and he shrugged it off as if it want him.

There was a thread on this sight not so long ago which blasted the 911 guys who work for the Alex Jones show as basically reporter hacks. This is how reporting used to be in the US. A bunch of guys trying to expose the truth. I think most of the truth reporters are now more interested in Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan, more money. The true reporters go where the money is and now its with the crazy Hollywood chicks.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
www.resourcesforlife.com...

from san fransisco

www.commondreams.org...

from oakland (and yes he`s shooting at people)

amagade - it happens all over the world.

Btw , should we bomb the Judeofacists in Israel for all the terrorism they are doing and the systematic genocide of palestian people? - you know , like is advocated for the Iranians - glass there country from one end to teh other....

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hmm.

Two men, separated by 4000 miles.

One says "bomb bomb bomb Iran" the other cries "death to america"

Which is the worst of the two?

Oh wait....they're both as bad as each other.

"Islamofacist"/"Amerofacist"/"Catholofacist"/"Christofacist" - they're all the same to me. People with limited intelligence who's only answer to something is to fight about it.

Back on topic - Iran is evolving as a society. Societies learn as they go along. This kind of thing has happened in EVERY country in the Western world. Its social evolution, and the best thing that can happen is that they are left alone to get on with it, because eventually they will realise that there is a better way to get on than beating the crapola out of each other.

Incidentally - when was the last time anyone saw a policeman in a ski mask? Why would he be wearing one?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Except none of these proclaimed 'fascists' are going around blowing themselves up, setting off explosives in crowds, or crashing planes into buildings... deliberatley targeting innocent people. The only fascist I know that does that on a regular basis is the islamofascist. And being a citizen of the United States my priorities are with the interests of my nation.
Well if you want to get into the specifics of an 'evolving' society, then Iran's government could argue that they are evolving by adopting an Islamic-based theocracy...which is what they have done already. Only now they seem to be pushing regulations that would parallel the Islamofascist agenda of the Taliban..what makes them a greater threat however is that they are pursuing nuclear technology and after doing their daily death chants against America and Israel you can only expect that these nations will be forced to make pre-emptive strikes.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Except none of these proclaimed 'fascists' are going around blowing themselves up, setting off explosives in crowds, or crashing planes into buildings... deliberatley targeting innocent people. The only fascist I know that does that on a regular basis is the islamofascist. And being a citizen of the United States my priorities are with the interests of my nation.

Well I suggest that you take a look at the violent history of your own nation then, pay particular attention to the violence of the American Civil War, the race riots and the putting down of the vietnam protests.

People tend to use the tools and weapons they have to hand at the time in order to make their points. The US - and the UK, and other western societies - are fortunate enough to have had their major cultural revolutions and wars at a time when weapons weren't as destructive as they are now.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
In terms of separating the Islamic extremists from the moderates this is what is happening in Afghanistan and the US is attempting to do this in Iraq. The process hasn't as success in Iraq because of the geographical layout of the region and the location where the bulk of the population lives.

I think that an air campaign against Iran's military , Iraqi insurgents supply lines and Iran's Nuclear program would be a good idea at this stage but an air war wouldn't defeat Islamic extremists or effect regime change. The Islamic terrorists can be defeated in Afghanistan and some way has to be found to defeat them in Iraq or take them out of the picture.

After 9-11 the Free World has a moral right to self preservation and this involves spreading democracy and defeating the Islamic extremists. We must careful when we chose our targets and we must ensure that the resources are available to do what the mission involves . The coalition and the Free world cant afford any more disasters like Iraq.

Just found this .

Militants will continue to target Westerners on the streets of Indonesia as they fight to impose full Islamic law, an accused terror leader told CNN.

Bomb attacks and other strategies are possible, according to Abu Dujana, who police call the most dangerous terror suspect they have ever dealt with. He is the military head of Jemaah Islamiyah, the Indonesian group linked to al Qaeda which has been blamed for the deaths of hundreds of Westerners and civilians.

"We will continue fighting and we may use other methods," he told CNN in a jailhouse interview days after being captured by Indonesian authorities.

Abu Dujana is accused of direct involvement in the Bali nightclub bombings of 2002 that killed more than 200 mostly Western tourists and subsequent attacks on the Australian Embassy and J.W. Marriott hotel, both in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta.

source

This is what were up against Islamic extremists who use there hatred of Israel to motivate there supporters , to distract ME populations from the problems they have caused and to plant the seeds of doubt that the War on Terror is the right thing to do in the more free thinking free world.

The Islamic extremist agenda is to create and maintain an Islamic state where ever they go forgot about any of the other BS that comes out of there mouths.

That just my 10 cents.

[edit on 25-6-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJ Mooch but America offers freedoms that most Muslim countries don’t.

How many American mothers believe themselves to be free to stay home with their children, grow food, prepare fresh food, nurse, etc.? My experience is that most fear if they do not spend 8 hours a day in a cubicle, and keep their children in daycare/statecare; the bank will foreclose on their family's roof.

In Iran less than 20% of women are involved in economic activity.

Freedom.

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
When it comes to religions you can not be blind by the peaceful side of Christianity when doing a comparison with Islam.

Both religions has used violence against humanity.

If this was the middle ages Christianity and the conquistadors would have been the evil terrorist and invaders pushing their religion on the poor souls in a new world.

But because this are modern times, people have a tendency to forget that between Christianity and Islam is not difference when it comes to their violent history.

And therein lies the difference, marg. Yes it is true that Christianity had a violent past, but it has evolved. We cannot say the same for Islam; it is stuck in the 4th century when it comes to using violence in the name of religion.

Anyway, I thought the topic of this thread was "Iran Cracks Down on Dissent, Parading". It didn't take long before it degenerated into the standard, run-of-the-mill "bash the US, Israel, and the Zionists" thread, did it?

Some of you are so predictable it isn't even funny anymore.:shk:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
A basic tenet of the Islamic religion is that all good Muslims MUST actively seek to convert the world to the Islam religion and the imposition of Sharia Law. All Muslims MUST support anyone actively involved in these activities.
The advancement of the Islamic faith has historically been one of agitation, confrontation and violent aggression. Non-believers, (Kaffirs), are considered inferior.
Iran is actively provididng support to various organisations who are involved in these type of activities.
The current Iranian regime is brutally attacking all minority faiths and organisations within their own country whilst demanding that Muslims in western countries are provided every opportunity to practice their faith and their right to protest etc.

IMO organised religion of any kind is the scourge of mankind but I genuinely feel that Islam is unique in that it preaches hatred and intolerance and it's stated aim is world domination.

However, advocating genocide is an act that I feel no self respecting human being can support.

What is the answer? I don't know. I feel that enough innocent Western soldiers etc have died for absolutely no reason at all. Our presence is not wanted by anyone in Iraq or Afghanistan and we have absolutely no moral right to invade Iran. Our presence merely helps justify further terrorist acts and offers further propoganda opportunities.
Our continued involvement also offers Bush and his cronies every opportunity to profit from arms sales, develop new arms technology and justify their increased control of our every day lives.
However, I also think that we need to do everything within our power to stop the progression of this most barbaric and repressive religion.

There are no easy answers and I can offer few solutions i just genuinely feel that on the one hand we face further advancement of a cruel and barbaric religion and on the other we have further infringements on our civil liberties and increased control by institutionalised power mongerers working to their own private agendas.

Who knows, maybe 2012 and all that may not be such a crackpot secenario after all

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
And therein lies the difference, marg. Yes it is true that Christianity had a violent past, but it has evolved. We cannot say the same for Islam; it is stuck in the 4th century when it comes to using violence in the name of religion.

It may not be our generation or many to come, after all is a 600 years difference between the two.

So the same way it took hundreds of years and even milenias for Christianity to become peaceful depending your interpretation of peacefulness

Islam still have 600 years to turn around.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I'm not sure that's the case though. We still have bombings of abortion clinics by pro lifers who think that killing is a way to protect life. We still have children assaulted and sent to brainwashing camps because they're born gay. We still have art hidden or destroyed because it portrays "the lord" in chocolate. I guess it depends on one's definition of "evolved" i guess.

It didn't take long before it degenerated into the standard, run-of-the-mill "bash the US, Israel, and the Zionists" thread, did it?

Some of you are so predictable it isn't even funny anymore.:shk:

I think that happened immediately following a suggestion of commiting mass murder on Iran because of it's brutality. The argument was that if genocide is the response to brutality, then we should look at our own past and see what the proper objective punishment should be.

It's not bashing, it's comparative history.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Christianity is far from peaceful. They just learned to hide behind politics and in Vatican. This is how they 'evolved' being older religion than Islam. People in Islam are going to lose because they are too open and naive. But in the process Israel will be destroyed, as Bible suggests too.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
One more time for the record....

Islam was not spread by the sword. The empire was, but then ALL empires are spread by the sword. For the first 100 years Islam was the religion of the Arab conquerers and conversion actively discouraged AND populations were begging for it, if only to get out of the tax levied on non-Muslims. Christianity at the time was busily tearing itself apart into violent factions in the middle east and Europe was a muddy ignorant back water. Islam offered a relief from all that sectarian turmoil.

THE only tenets a Muslim adheres to are known as the 5 pillars of Islam:
(1) That there is only one God and Muhammad is his prophet...
(2( The giving of Alms...
(3) The practice of pilgrimage...
(4) To pray 5 times a day...
(5) To fast during Ramadan.

Thats it. Everything else including Shirra law are open to discussion.

Jihad which is loosely translated as struggle has two components... one known as the lesser Jihad is to defend the faith (not just by violence though) and the Greater Jihad which is described as the personal internal spiritual struggle to live according to the faith.

The single solitary difference between Shiia and Sunni is that the Shia believe that the leadership of the faith should have been passed down through the bloodline of the Prophet to his cousin Ali. The Sunni believe that the leadership should be chosen by the faithful. Thats it. And it stems from the death of the prophet in 632 AD.

... If you are going to discuss another religion (ideology, people, race etc) get your facts straight otherwise you sound like ignorant fools.

[edit on 25-6-2007 by grover]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Well if you want to get into the specifics of an 'evolving' society, then Iran's government could argue that they are evolving by adopting an Islamic-based theocracy...which is what they have done already. Only now they seem to be pushing regulations that would parallel the Islamofascist agenda of the Taliban..what makes them a greater threat however is that they are pursuing nuclear technology and after doing their daily death chants against America and Israel you can only expect that these nations will be forced to make pre-emptive strikes.

You might be right the only fascist you know are Islamofascist. The only FASCIST state right now in the world its Israel.
Those are individuals while a state runned by terrorist its by far more dangerous.
Only thing that really pisses me off is that the US give out money to this Fascist state.
So lets get rid of both problems don't you agree?
I am more scared of Israel having the atomic bomb than any other country.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

...can't way to see the U.S. and Israel 'bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb iran'

Well, bombing Iran for this is not going to solve anything.

Islamic extremism is a problem, but there are a lot of good people in Iran that are just victims of the Iranian government.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Grover, you are correct that The 5 Pillars of Wisdom are the basic tenets of the Islamic religion. One of them is the recognition of Mohammed as the one true prophet and the strict adherence to his teachings.
The teachings of Mohammed includes the instruction / observation that practicing Muslims must actively attempt to spread the belief of Allah by any means. The killing of Kaffirs in that pursuit is condoned.

It is also true that during the Dark and Middle Ages Europe was indeed an ignorant backwater which was ruled over by an equally barbaric religion.
Islam was an insular religion as Muslims also believe that Kaffirs are inferior and tolerate no integration at all.

Since then things have changed somewhat. Whilst Christianity at least attempts to portray an image of tolerance and understanding of other religions and beliefs, Islam has regressed. Islam actively encourages acts of pure barbarism; honour killings, female circumcision, wife beating, slavery, beastiality etc.

In my humble opinion, for what little it's worth, I do not just have a deep mistrust and suspicion of the Islamic faith. I recognise that the actions of the Israeli nation are that of a Fascist state and that is all the more galling when considering acts perpertrated on Jews throughout history.

This all supports my overall belief that organised religion par se is the scourge of mankind and is responsible for the majority of human suffering through the ages, including at present.
Organised religion offers the opportunity for man to exploit man for their own purposes and enables the mechanisms for control. We are all the victims of crimes committed in the name of God.

IMO I believe that currently, the greatest threat to mankind is that posed by the advancement of the Islamic religion. It tolerates no other opinion or belief at all. In turn, the advancement of Islam is being exploited by organisations that are using the current situation to further their own hidden agendas. It is a vicious and self perpetuating circle that only succeeds in controlling the masses in one form or another and inhibits the advancement of the human species.

My beleifs are exactly that, MY beliefs. I or anyone else, has absolutely no right to impose their beliefs on anyone else. Religion is a personel and spiritual thing that should be between an individual and who or whatever their God is. Once a priest, preacher, vicar, rabbi or iman is introduced then exploitation and control are introduced.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Only with the will of the people and from within the nations they will be the only ones to make a change.

Who is to make the change? the people . . .

So for now we have to live with it.

That doesn't always happens Marg.

Do the regular Iranian people have a right to own weapons? These days you can't fight against dictatorships with sticks and stones, and extremist regimes such as the one in Iran don't care much about "freedom of speech of the people" and will commit attrocities to stop anything or anyone that would criticize their form of government.

Many Iranians, if not a mayority, want real change to a more democratic form of government, but there are also many who are extremists who alongside the Iranian government will not allow this to happen.

It is easy for some people to claim "the people can make a change in such dictatorships", but unless you live in such a government, you would never understand it.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
While Islamic law, particularly in Iran seems brutal, is it really that unlike other governments who claim that freedom and democracy are top priority, yet can crackdown viciously on those who oppose its policies as is shown above?

Who are we to judge the Iranians?

Yes, there have been attrocities committed also in the U.S., but then again you are also dismissing the fact that much of the "peace movement" during the 70s wasn't that peaceful, and groups of people in this "peace movement" committed attrocities also such as bombing buildings, and killing people including police officers.

Even these days many of the so called "peace activists" resort to violence, yet when the police have to use force to stop the violence from spreading/continuing those who started the violence claim "dictatorship".

Anyways, you are trying to compare apples with oranges... The U.S. and Iran are two different countries in many ways.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrOOpieS
Equally assured destruction was the tactic for the Cold War. Not for a country that has every right in the world to be angry with the United States.

Jeez Laweez

-Droops

Well although i do agree that Iran doesn't need to be bombed, not because of this, i also see you trying to blame and even condone what the extremists of Iran want.

Do you think the regular Iranians who want a society more similar to that of the U.S. would agree with you?...

What about the European countries which sold the Iraqi government the weapons of mass destruction, such as Germany, who sold the billions of tons of nerve gas and other chemical weapons which the Iraqi government used against the Kurds and Iran?... The European countries, and others are more to blame for selling WMD to regimes such as Iraq, and Iran than the U.S., yet for some reason we get people trying to dump all the blame on the U.S., and even condoning, and apparently encouraging the violence of the extremists in Iran....

If you are going to try to blame someone for what has been done do yourself a favour and blame the right governments/people....

Again, i am seeing some people here just trying to use this as a "reason for more hatred against the U.S."...... The thread is not about this btw...

[edit on 25-6-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I wonder why it is when all these pics are taken its usually someone in a mask. How would anyone know its not staged?

First of all, do you have any evidence that "it was staged"?

Second of all, why would someone in a mask force another man to "drink from a regular water jar"?.....

If you don't see the irony of your claim, you need a reality check...

[edit on 25-6-2007 by Muaddib]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join