It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Micheal Moore vs. Canadian "ingrates".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Micheal Moore vs. Canadian "ingrates".

www.macleans.ca

BRIAN D. JOHNSON | June 25, 2007 |

Michael Moore's fans were out in force, several hundred of them milling around a Silver City multiplex in a London, Ont., mall. One held a sign with the slogan "Michael Moore for Prime Minister." Larissa Gerow, a 29-year-old quadriplegic -- her neck broken by a truck that ran a red light and slammed into her bicycle four years ago -- watched from a wheelchair strung with a cardboard sign: "London health care saved my life (all I had to do was pay for my parking)."

The occasion was last..
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed excessive copy/paste source material. Limit is 500 characters. More Here.

[edit on 24-6-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
They love me, They love me not.

When you're as polarizing as Moore is you're going to get this. This article is a reaction of the Canadian viewers. Not everyone is a happy camper. Some see him misrepresenting wait times in hospitals. Moore says that these people are "ingrates" for the health system that they have.

Also included is a frank interview with Moore in which he explains what he does, how he does it and why.

www.macleans.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-6-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Moore has done what no other person does, exposing our corrupted political and governmental system.

Our corporate ridden nation and its trashy way to do business all in the name of bastardized notion of capitalism.:Lil:

I am surprise that he has not become a casualty of "his own war" yet.

Actually I think I like his documentaries a lot.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
have to say it makes me laugh his 'idyllic portraits' of the NHS as a example, hmmmm I have a lot of experience of that. for instance I saw my gp as I've had a ear infection for 5 weeks and as I'm immune suppressed I got an urgent referral to the ear hospital. When the date of my appointment? 9th august!

[edit on 23-6-2007 by arnold_vosloo]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
have to say it makes me laugh his 'idyllic portraits' of the NHS as a example, hmmmm I have a lot of experience of that. for instance I saw my gp as I've had a ear infection for 5 weeks and as I'm immune suppressed I got an urgent referral to the ear hospital. When the date of my appointment? 9th august!

Oh but hey, you are from Great Britain and you have knowledge of the NHS which is not so peachy as portrayed in Moore's latest stunt, but apparenlty you, or me, or anyone who as direct knwoledge of the "oh so wonderful system" apparenlty don't count, more so if you have something bad to say about the NHS.....

new topics

top topics

join