It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Ramey Telegraph Imaged In Famous Roswell Photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well I am surprised no one posted this yet.

I got it from C2C yesterday.

I think the imaging is so blurry its hard to tell....but I did see specific letters he pointed out. The man claims the paper in General Ramey's hands is a telegraph from the pentagon.

The man claims the telegraph contains the words, crash, disc, victims, coverstory, Weather Balloon.

I am curious as to members take on the imaging and the results

www.aimpress.com...

roswellproof.homestead.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
this is the claim of the wording of the document in the hands of General Ramey

The message turns out to be a telegram from Gen. Ramey to the Pentagon and

Gen. Hoyt Vandenberg, the acting AAF Chief of Staff at the time. Ramey is providing Vandenberg an update on the very fluid situation in-the-field at Roswell.

The first paragraph describes what had been found. Ramey starts by acknowledging "THAT A 'DISK' IS NEXT NEW FIND." He then adds that "THE VICTIMS OF THE WRECK" and something else (possibly just "A WRECK") had also been found near the recovery "OPERATION AT THE 'RANCH'." At the end it states that "YOU" (i.e. Gen. Vandenberg) had ordered the "victims" and/or the wreckage "FORWARDED" to "FORT WORTH, TEX."

In the second paragraph, Ramey describes how the situation was being handled. Ramey first states that something "IN THE 'DISC'", probably the bodies of the "forwarded" "victims" (and possibly termed "AVIATORS") would be flown by a B-29 Special Transport or C-47 to the "A1" (personnel director) of some "8TH ARMY****" division, most likely the head flight surgeon at Fort Worth given the context. Wright Field, Ohio, home of the AAF's aeronautical labs, was to assess the Roswell crash object (possibly referred to as an "AIRFOIL").

Finally Ramey outlines how the situation was being treated publicly and how they were going to cover it up. First he assures Vandenberg that the earlier highly inflammatory Roswell base press release (referred to as the "MISSTATE MEANING OF STORY") was the work of an Army counter-intelligence team ("CIC/TEAM"), but that the "NEXT SENT OUT PR" (Press Release) would be "OF WEATHER BALLOONS." Ramey finishes with the statement that the weather balloon story might be better accepted if they also added weather balloon radar target demonstrations. This apparently was the impetus for the national debunking campaign using the devices that followed over the next few days.

roswellproof.homestead.com...

[edit on 23-6-2007 by junglelord]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
You can replace just about any word that he did with different letters and it would seem to match.

[edit on 23-6-2007 by sandman658]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I saw a whole segment about this on tv, and actually the text is clearer than it appears in the link. The thing that went through my mind after sitting through the whole analysis was--ok, that's really interesting and pretty darn convincing, but...wouldn't it have been cool if he would have just had the note turned right flat to the camera in one of those shots, awaiting the day when technology would unlock its secrets, and there would be absolutely nothing the military or anyone else could do to stop the disclosure. But unfortunately, just like almost everything to do with ufos, the evidence seems to fall just short of being unassailable. It's like the proverbial saucer landing on the white house lawn--nothing short of that kind of empirical evidence will satisfy most people. For example, go to one of the STS threads and read all the posts written by people using NASA's own talking points when referring to anomalous objects zipping all over the place, who'd rather believe what they're told and not their own eyes. It's sad.

My other thought was, isn't it a little strange that he was carrying that note around it the first place? At a press conference and photo-op? Maybe not. Maybe he wasn't used to being in front of cameras. But he must have been familiar with handling secret documents. Anyway, cool topic.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I've done several of my own interpretations of the document and have come up with a number of equally plausible alternatives to the words others have imagined they've seen. They're in some other thread around here. Otherwise, I think this link provides a good critique of the Memo:

members.aol.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's true that unfortunately the memo, like virtually all other forms of 'evidence', is inconclusive. I've had a look at the source myself, in addition to doing some photoshop work on it, and I don't think it's quite possible to come up with the definitive text. There are no "words", merely shapes that can be interpreted, and this alone weakens the source.

That having been said, I'm a fairly practical person, and I believe I have definitely discovered some interesting words in the source. I think that the words "DISC" and "WEATHER BALLOONS" are indefinitely in the text, which doesn't help one way or the other, but is still interesting. I am also fairly sure that the word "VICTIMS" can be discerned in the text.

But, of course, I could and have been disputed, and with good reason in most cases. It's a very interesting source, but unfortunately is reliant too much upon interpretation and not enough on pure, basic fact.

I urge you all to have a look at the source though, the more interpretations we get the better.

top topics

join