It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Northwoods and 9-11-01

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone here felt some kind of connection between Operation Northwoods and the September 11th attacks?

For those who are not familiar with Operation Northwoods here is a brief summary on it: It was presented to President John F. Kennedy by his Chairman of the JCS Lyman Lemnitzer. The plans called "to kill innocent people and commit acts of TERRORISM in US cities to create public support for a war against the Cuba."

It also called for "hijacking planes, blowing up a US ship, and orchestrating violent terrorism in US cities. The plans were developed as ways to trick the American people and the international community into supporting a war to oust Cuba's then new leader, Fidel Castro."

This document was kept a secret until 1997 when the John F. Kennedy Assassinations Review Board declassified it to the public.

For the record, John F. Kennedy, Defense Secretary McNamara, and Att. General Robert F. Kennedy found the plan "bizarre" and JFK later replaced JCS Chairman Lemintzer with Maxwell Taylor about a month later.

My question is this: If the military can think of something like this back in 1962, imagine what they are thinking about prior to 2001? Is there a connection?

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've just flagged a thread for the first time. Right on.

Interesting comparison, indeed. I'm not qualified to comment at all before I do and hear some more research. But, by YOUR description of Op. NW, I would say it could of been "upgraded" to modern standards.

I'll read more and come back...

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I thought there might be some new info in this thread since this topic has been discussed many times. But yes I think anyone would agree there is a connection. Anything else to discuss?

join