It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you may not get overtime pay soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Department of Labor is working with employers to teach them how to NOT pay overtime pay to employees, here is a link
msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
yes this is another essential plan bush inc. has come up with to help out our american people...god bless you mr bush[inc] america will remember you for a long,long time.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I love this...

The department says it is merely listing well-known choices available to employers, even under current law.

"We're not saying anybody should do any of this," said Labor Department spokesman Ed Frank.

Thats makes about as much sense as giving someone blueprints to a bomb but saying "now dont try to build it" or selling someone a hit of ecstasy, but then warning them about the fact they could die.

It never fails to amaze me what some !@#$ing corporate suit will do just to add a little more money to their own pockets.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Bush is a far greater threat to the American way of life than Sadaam Hussein ever was.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
" WASHINGTON - The Labor Department is giving employers tips on how to avoid paying overtime to some of the 1.3 million low-income workers who would become eligible under new rules expected to be finalized early this year. "

What a bunch of < censored>. 101 ways on how to impoverish the peoples.

" �We're not saying anybody should do any of this.
� Ed Frank Labor Dept. spokesperson "

Kicking his ass much be a great pleasure.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Not that it does much good, but I signed a petition online last month protesting the Labor people stealing people's OT pay. I signed it here, I think.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero
Not that it does much good, but I signed a petition online last month protesting the Labor people stealing people's OT pay. I signed it here, I think.

I signed it thanks for the link.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I signed as well maybe it will help but I doubt it

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Do you really expect anything different from the republicans ? They are basically the party of the corporations and a complete shower of bastards.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   

" WASHINGTON - The Labor Department is giving employers tips on how to avoid paying overtime to some of the 1.3 million low-income workers who would become eligible under new rules expected to be finalized early this year.

Read it and weap. It sounds horrible. Sounds like they really care about the citizens of america.

Well there goes the economy. Put less money into the Americans hands.

Darn Republicans.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
its 1.12 I got out of work at 11 and have to be back
at 6, if i wasant being paid over time I would be vary
**#@#.but I dont think my union would let that hapen
I hope< one more beer befor bed,and one more,and one more.lol

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
my union doesnt even allow that off @ 11 in @ 6. The employerer has to give 10 hours off in between shifts

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
my union doesnt even allow that off @ 11 in @ 6. The employerer has to give 10 hours off in between shifts

Same with my union. You should call your hall.

BG

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
You are missing the point of what Bush wants to do. You see he has put our country so far into debt, that he figures that, if the common person that gets the over time is more in debt, because they no longer get overtime then, then we will not care that are economy is so far down the tubes.
Go to your union as quick as possible because they may not be there for long, if Bush has his way. He is doing all he can to take away the power they have now. Look how he addressed it in the homeland security bill. Those that are hired under these rules lose bargain power.

They found away to take away my over time, just before the holidays in 2002.

top topics

join