It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

water engine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Hi, i have heard about this so called engine that was invented to run with water as opposed with gas/petrol, and that the invention was brought by the large oil companies to protect there franchise. if thats the case shouldnt there be drawings that are registered as patent for it, does anyone have any info on this engine or links to sites.
thanks

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I knew of a guy years ago- he had a radial engine that used water for fuel. He had a patent on it also, if my memory is correct. Anyhow, it was a radial engine that had " a piston within a piston" and actually ran on water. And then one day, after knowing him for a short time- he just dissappeared. I never saw him again. This was in 1979- I did see the engine in action .

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Why would you want an engine run on water? Gas is $1.50US per gallon and bottled water is $3.25US per gallon.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScienceGuyQ
Why would you want an engine run on water? Gas is $1.50US per gallon and bottled water is $3.25US per gallon.

Buy the cheap store brand crap, it's only 59 cents per gallon at the grocery stores here. Plus, tap water is cheap as hell.

Gollwog--I've heard and read about several motors that ran on biodiesel and other non-fossil fuels that are eigher "bought out" or the inventors disappear. Also, before fuel injection caught on, there were several people who made carburaters that would get somewhere between 50-70 miles to the gallon from a V8 engine, and those devices also magically disappeared. If I can find the link to the site all that stuff is listed on, I'll edit my post and put it in.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well, actually in 1990 Texas A&M had developed (and was driving it around to other Universities) a radial steam engine that worked just fine (especially if you wanted a car for city commutes - didn't have the high-end power to get up to speeds over about 55-60, but big damned deal). Now it didn't run off water as a fuel, the water was contained with the steam engine, but it would run off ANYTHING that was flammable. Hell, if you could get a piece of firewood in the tank and light it it would work. Point is, we have plenty of flammable waste to burn.

Of course, Chimney Sweeps would have to got through training to become Exhaust Sweeps, but aint no biggie.

As far as major automobile corporations, or major oil companies buying up these technologies. There are always rumors, but never any evidence - for instance, where is the patent on the "water engine"? Even if we just had the patent number we would be able to track down who owns the rights to it.

But if they ARE buying them, that's a good business decision. Now where the blame lays is in the fact that US government hasn't got the gonads or long-term vision to back alternative energy development. When they took the alternative energy tax credit away back in the 80's - that's when we got the people got screwed.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gollwog
Hi, i have heard about this so called engine that was invented to run with water as opposed with gas/petrol

That would be really cool and environment friendly, but the only way I think of to use water as a fuel, is using nuclear fusion. The fusion reactors that exist at the moment are big as house and are not efficient at all. It sounds like an urban legend to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I did see something about waterrockets on the darpa site
www.darpa.mil

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Ok, well...I guess I put myself out there with this. In the late 70's one of my relatives told my family and I about an engine made that ran on water. The issue at the time was that it added 10 feet in length to the vehicle. He stated that it was a joint effort of a few scientists and that most of them had "disappeared" including the plans. He said he suspected the gas companys because they were the most threatened by the discovery.

Now I could dismiss so crazy ramblings, but again...this was the late 70's and my relative was a retired Lockheed Test Pilot, turned "consultant". I had no reason to disbelieve the tale. I didn't get much more info though. I was more interested in his Roswell info at the time.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I had Stanley Meyers plans on my hard disk once. He claims that with those plans, you can have any mechanic modify your car to run on water.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think I saw something on the news a couple of weeks ago. I can't remember, but I think that the engine worked on either combining, or separating hydrogen and oxygen atoms to make, or take apart water. It's perectly environmentally-friendly. I can't remember exactly.

They've tested the engine on an H2O bus in London, which runs on water.

Try checking the bbc site - news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Its just using hydrogen as a fuel. Therefore the exhaust is almost exclusively H2O.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Here's some links and pictures for you on the matter, and a brief quote.

"This technology is so simple that anyone with over half a brain - and knowledgeable in auto mechanics - can build one of these units. I've included comprehensive, drafted design layouts, parts lists, maintenance tips, and a whole lot of engine modification concepts to make construction, part fabrication and implementation as easy as reasonably possible. "

Also some photo's of it in action.

www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by feygan]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This one isn't water...but vegetable oil.

www.greasecar.com...

I heard about this years ago, this topic made me remember it.

[Edited on 1-8-2004 by darklanser]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
kaoszero, i have heard of the biodeisel engines theres a guy running around town using potato chip oil, it was on the news. and as for hydrigon fuel engines while they make no waste other than water, it still isnt an engine running on water is it guys?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
yes, yes yes, fuel cells and water running engines. sound like old wives tales to me, water engines that is. the point is not how efficent they are but how enviormetaly freindly. For example, straght deisel is the most effecient fuel by far, hard to beilive but its true. its not the most eco-frendly though

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I can name the machine shop where I saw a working prototype of the radial water powered engine- Industrial Machine of Flomaton, Alabama. They are still in business, if the info was really important - give them a call, and you should be able to get interesting info from them.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
You have to separate the Hyrdrogen and Oxygen too... I expect from water, using electricty that was generated by a powerstation. I doubt unless you have solar, or wind, or any other renewable energy source, you'll never have a 100% 'clean' fuel.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDead
You have to separate the Hyrdrogen and Oxygen too... I expect from water, using electricty that was generated by a powerstation. I doubt unless you have solar, or wind, or any other renewable energy source, you'll never have a 100% 'clean' fuel.

This has been considered and scientists from around the world are working on a solar H2O splitting device...

www.sciencenews.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
According to this link it is possible to achieve similar resultes with a magnetron:

www.keelynet.com...

Anyone interested in helping me build one?

-P

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There's a guy down here, that made one of the veggie oil cars, his mercedes... Smells like McDonalds when he goes by...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join