It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic Counterfeit Toothpaste Recall ~ Do you have a tube?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hi people.

During my daily news readings, I came across this recall on MSNBC.com. Colgate claims that South Africa produced counterfeit Colgate toothpaste and it has been selling in stores in the North East (U.S.). Its thought to contain a toxic chemical also found in Anti-freeze solutions, and they warn to return the tube for a refund if you bought one recently.

This page also has a 1-800 number at the bottom to call for more information, although no reports of injury have been made so far.

I wanted to pass this along, not only for the possible health crisis -- but to also share a thought that I have been pondering.

(!..Rant Warning..!)

Why is everyone so concerned with the FDA, and what sort of chemicals go into our food and hygiene products -- only to buy a pack of Marlboro's at the same checkout? Why is it that everyone fails to take notice of the toxins in the air we breathe or our own dirty habits -- but are SO QUICK to jump on a company who added a few chemicals into a product that they just bought?

There are over 4000 chemical compounds in ONE CIGARETTE, not to mention COUNTLESS pollutants coming from the car you drive to work everyday, but someone has the nerve to complain about a few chemicals thrown into a consumer product? I don't get the logic here!

I personally don't enjoy 'chemically enhanced' dinners, nor do I support all the use of chemicals in supposed modern times. But when are people going to stop pointing the finger at someone else for something that THEY are responsible for and for something that THEY could change? Its not only contradicting, but immensely ignorant.

Flouride, found in most toothpastes, has many bad side effects -- numbing of the senses, decay of the teeth and other body parts, as well as a subordinate mind set -- and even a decrease in intelligence.

Although, the last side effect mentioned could possibly be why any brand-name toothpaste users would feel any sense of negativity over corporations for something as this.

Its common sense to know that they are causing more harm to themselves than what any company is doing. No one forces people to buy these items. They buy the product, without thinking once what it contains, only paying attention to the benefit it claims.

(Rant over..)

If you happen to have a tube, at least go get your money back. But please deny the urge to buy a pack of smokes with your refund. That's the very least you could do for yourself.. since you're already going to waste your car's gas to get back to the store for it.

-Mea

Counterfeit Colgate Toothpaste Recalled

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Also, on a side note: It seems I may be a little too passionate today with my writing and expression. No harm intended, honestly. Its just something I had to get off of my chest.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Veritas you just went up 75 degrees on my respect meter. I understand how you feel and have the same brand of consciousness as you. I have to say though you sounded a bit like my Mom.
Take care and have a great day.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There was some of that going on in China too.

Only it wasn't just tooth paste it was pretty much everything all the time, and the FDA type thing just takes a back hander and walks away.

soy sauce, meat products, even fake bloody vegetables WTF!!

P.S. Your avatars hot. Do you have her number?

top topics

join