It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Admits to Aliens ... ... (old news)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

I personally do not believe in other species that our out in the solar system. Well not yet anyways ... not untill I can see one.

Although my finace' says she saw a flying Saucer that was grey and round hovering about 100 yards above the mall in Lufkin, Tx about 7 months ago. Anyways .. Why would the government Do this ... ??

mod edit: cap title

[edit on 6/20/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
As a potential precaution. This does not prove anything, simply that the government has taken precautionary measures towards extra-terrestrials. They dont want ET giving away secret technology to regular citizens, who could turn around and use it on the government.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
There were quite a few government meetings held to decide what to do in case of alien contact. This is merely the product of one such meeting.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Just curious:

Does it mean from a legal viewpoint that if people claim they are having contact with extraterrestrials that they are breaking the law, therefore subject to punishment?

Makes you wonder haha.

Peace,
- Naz

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nazgarn
Just curious:

Does it mean from a legal viewpoint that if people claim they are having contact with extraterrestrials that they are breaking the law, therefore subject to punishment?

Makes you wonder haha.

Peace,
- Naz

Hm...then probably most of us on ATS are going to jail.

Does seeing a "UFO" count for being in contact?

What about seeing one in meditation?

Woops.

I guess I'm already on the watch list.

# it.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
HR 2977 IH - Space Preservation Act of 2001

Bans (among others):

plasma, electromagnetic, sonic, or ultrasonic weapons;

(v) laser weapons systems;

(vi) strategic, theater, tactical, or extraterrestrial weapons; and

(vii) chemical, biological, environmental, climate, or tectonic weapons.

What the hell do they mean by extraterestrial weapons?!?

xiandos.info...

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nazgarn

The way I see it, it is just another element of control. If people are in fear of being caught breaking the above mentioned law, it was probably assumed (by the people who were responsible for that law) they would rather keep silent about alledged sightings of uneartly visitors, and their vehicles.

Makes one wonder, anyway...

edit for clarity

[edit on 6/20/2007 by Mechanic 32]

[edit on 6/20/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Bans (among others):

Probably weapons stations off-world. Like in orbit or on the moon.

What was that law in relation to?
Uh oh, now we ARE talking about stuff that spooky town might care about.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
14 CFR 1211 is no longer current law:

www.access.gpo.gov...

this site notes that 1211 was rescinded in 1991:

vibrani.com...

Unfortunately the LSA (List of Sections Affected) only goes back to 1997 online. One could look this up in a law library that archives old editions of the CFR, or has them on microfilm.

The author of the second site notes with question the use of the word "reserved" in the replaced section 1211. This just means they're holding that spot for future material. Nothing mysterious really.

If someone wants to find out WHY they took out this section, you might consult the Federal Register. However, the online version only goes back to 1998. Again, a trip to a public law library would be needed unless access to a database such as LexisNexis or Westlaw is at hand.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Kinda begs the question, that if officially they do not exist, but officially after talking about it, you would not be allowed to know their contact experiences and you would be guilty of a criminal offense for meeting one, then how can anyone say they are not here???

How could you possible be sure they are not?>

You think their gonna tell you>>>>

Its ovbious that your never gonna be told and your a criminal for knowing

thats the good old USA

[edit on 20-6-2007 by junglelord]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The only discloser allowed is false disclosure.

What the govt is hiding is what they themselves are doing with and to the alien races, and to citizens who have alien contact.

It's ok for a "flake" to claim to know things from personal experience with alien life whether he is lying or not, as long as it's pretty wild, and the govt puts out information to make sure that civilians think of anybody who claims any alien contact must be a "flake".

When people that civilians will deem respectable have information too close to the truth and gain attention and a following, these are the people who are most at risk of govt control under the guise of national security, to which there is no limit on to carry out.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
i guess not one person read the act, which is why OP didnt post it, or never read it theirself...

1211.100 Title 14 - Aeronautics and Space
Part 1211 - Extra-terrestrial Exposure
1211.100 - Scope
This part establishes: (a) NASA policy, responsibility and authority to guard the Earth against any harmful contamination or adverse changes in its environment resulting from personnel, spacecraft and other property returning to the Earth after landing on or coming within the atmospheric envelope of a celestial body;

pretty much they are admitting if you leave earth and come back you have to be decontaminated.

source

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
HR 2977 IH - Space Preservation Act of 2001

Bans (among others):

(v) laser weapons systems;

(vii) chemical, biological, environmental, climate, or tectonic weapons.

xiandos.info...

This bill came up in a chemtrail thread. Everyone thinks that it was written by Kucinich, but it was actually written by the Institute for Cooperation in Space, and Kucinich didn't even read it.

The ICIS is a new age group group that appears to believe that we can give up weapons, and get rid of the military industrial complex and suddenly all be friends.

The face of the ICIS, is Carol Rosin, who, together with co-founder Alfred Webre, was the architect of the original version of the bill. Back Rosin claims that in 1974 rocket scientist Werner Von Braun told her “Carol, you will stop the weaponization of space”, and described to her a vast conspiracy by the military-industrial complex to raise a series of fears to justify space-based weapons. Since then, Rosin has dedicated her life to exposing this conspiracy, and allowing humanity to expand it’s consciousness into space. Here’s a video of her explaining this.

Rosin speaking at “The Disclosure Project“, an organization working to “disclose the facts about UFOs, extraterrestrial intelligence, and classified advanced energy and propulsion systems.” Rosin herself only briefly touches on this in her speech, but it is clear she believes that the government has alien technology, and is withholding it from the people.The other board members on the ICIS are co-founder Alfred Webre, Brian O’Leary and Daniel Sheehan, all of whom are deeply involved with The Disclosure Project.So what’s Kucinich’s involvement in this? It’s difficult to say. Kucinich is anti-war, so perhaps that’s his motivation. He does have a lot of new-age, UFO-believing, friends, but he’s also running for president. When he was made aware of the nature of the “exotic weapons” language in the bill, it was re-written, and when questioned about it, he said

“I’m not into that. Understand me. When I found out that was in there, I said, ‘Look, I’m not interested in going there.’”

Kucinich’s motivations are perhaps revealed by his speech to the house on May 18th, 2005, introducing a newer version of the bill:

“What has happened to our country? Why are we projecting fear and paranoia to such heights? Have we so lost our way and our faith that we are prepared to transform the heavens into hell? If the kingdom and the will of God is to be done on earth as it is in heaven, what is to happen when the United States takes nuclear fire up to the gates of heaven?
“Such an offense against humanity could bring the wrath of God upon this nation.”

So Kucinich thinks that space based weapons will offend God, since space is close to heaven, and if you put nuclear weapons near heaven then God will be offended and bring his wrath against us.

contrailscience.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have commented on this subject on an older post and quoted a similar (if not "the") source.

NASA smackdown

I found this document years ago, and upon re-reading it, the bulk of the law or provision, IMHO, is geared towards astronauts returning after missions, be they publicized or clandestine.

It does seem to contain wordage that implies the "detainment" of ANY person or persons (ie. civilians) deemed by them to have had contact.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by 1nL1ghtened]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
WoW ... and I thought I would have no response to this thread. Thanks for all the information .. It makes much more sense now that I look at it from OUR Astronauts POV ... anyways ... Thanks again ... Adios .

join