It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes (Season Two)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It seems that the new season won't be out until at least September.

The News From Berlin: HEROES Grounded For Season!!

Aww... what sci-fi show am I gonna keep myself entertained with until then?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Doctor Who(April), Torchwood(NOW), Jericho(NOW and Battlestar Galactica(MARCH)

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Besides BSG, I've never watched the others. Which one's the best among those?

Eagerly awaiting the final season of BSG, though.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'd say Doctor Who is the best, Torchwood coming in a distant second and Jericho is the most medeocre on the list(it's not a very good show, but I do like to see what happens and I keep hoping it gets better
)

For those that don't know these shows here are some links...

Doctor Who

Doctor Who is a long-running, award-winning British science fiction television programme produced by the BBC. The programme depicts the adventures of a mysterious time-traveller known as "the Doctor" who travels in his space and time-ship, the TARDIS, which appears from the exterior to be a blue police phone box. With his companions, he explores time and space, solving problems and righting wrongs.

The programme is listed in Guinness World Records as the longest-running science fiction television show in the world[1] and is also a significant part of British popular culture.[2][3][4] It has been recognised for its imaginative stories, creative low-budget special effects during its original run, and pioneering use of electronic music (originally produced by the BBC Radiophonic Workshop). In Britain and elsewhere, the show has become a cult television favourite and has influenced generations of British television professionals, many of whom grew up watching the series. It has received recognition from critics and the public as one of the finest British television programmes, including the BAFTA Award for Best Drama Series in 2006.

The programme originally ran from 1963 to 1989. A television film was made in 1996 as a backdoor pilot for a new series (which never entered production), and the programme was successfully relaunched in 2005, produced in-house by BBC Wales. Some development money for the new series is contributed by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC), which is credited as a co-producer. Doctor Who has also spawned spin-offs in multiple media, including the current television programmes Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures.

This is one of my childhood favorites, it's about to start it's 30th Season(don't worry about getting lost, it's not an issue)

Torchwood

Torchwood is a science fiction drama television programme, created by Russell T Davies and starring John Barrowman and Eve Myles. It deals with the machinations and activities of the Cardiff branch of the fictional Torchwood Institute, who deal mainly with incidents involving extraterrestrials. An initial 13-part series was commissioned by the BBC as a spin-off from the long-running science fiction programme Doctor Who with which it is closely interlinked. The programme is produced in-house by BBC Wales, whose Head of Drama Julie Gardner serves as executive producer alongside Davies. The first two episodes of Series 1 of Torchwood premiered on 22 October 2006 on BBC Three and BBC HD with all subsequent episodes of that series shown at 10 p.m. on Sunday evenings.

As of 16 January 2008, the second series is being broadcast weekly on BBC Two.[1][2] On BBC America, Series 2 premiered on January 26, 2008.[3] As of 13 February 2008, new episodes will make their premiere broadcast on BBC Three at 9.50 p.m, and then at 10 p.m. every week thereafter. The episodes will continue to be broadcast at 9 p.m. on BBC Two whilst being simulcast in high-definition on BBC HD.

Jericho

The storyline revolves around the residents of Jericho, a small, rural Kansas town, in the aftermath of nuclear attacks on twenty-three major cities in the contiguous United States. The series begins with a visible nuclear detonation of unknown origin over nearby Denver, Colorado, and a loss of power and modern communications, effectively isolating Jericho.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by sardion2000]

[edit on 14-2-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Oh, and Stargate Atlantis! Can't forget that show. It's really starting to pick up in the 4th Season!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
How did heroes drop so far down this list.
Is it no-longer popular???
I still love this show, I don't see a problem with the direction their taking season 2, we're about half way in in UK.
I'm loving the way the takezo kenzei thing worked out, I like what peter has been through, the only thing i'm not liking is Maya and Alehandro, to much crying and whining, not unlike my feelings for Niki in series 1.

I'm intirgued by what Parkman is going to learn to do after his encounter with his father and how he will handle it, surely he will learn from pops mistakes.

So Uk has just had "4 months earlier" does it start getting bad after that because I have definatly heard that people were'nt keen on the direction they were going.
I get the amnesia thing is abit lame to knock Peter down a few pegs but comeing out of it and joining with Adam will surely be very interesting.

So why is this no-longer a hot topic?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

the season was less compelling than the first. the new "heroes" were not all as fun or interesting and then we had the strike which cut the season off so there wasn't even a big payday kind of episode.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Chukkles

the season was less compelling than the first. the new "heroes" were not all as fun or interesting and then we had the strike which cut the season off so there wasn't even a big payday kind of episode.

Where abouts does the writers strike fall in the epi layout, So we just had 4 months earlier how much more is there of the series before it stops?

I still see it as an ongoing story, not really looking at it as season 1+2.
They saved the world S1 but as with life, death will find a way.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
not sure where you're at in the episodes but you can see how many are left by going here:
www.tv.com...

and the promo for season 3:
www.nbc.com...=250870

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thanks.
3 episodes left, season 3 sounds interensting but we won't get that in the UK for quite a while.
I just hope nothing in the story is compromised by the writer's strike gap.
I still love the show but I hope they don't keep knocking Peter down, he is the most powerfull and I want to see him maintain that status and not be a whiney little SOB.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join