It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isaac Newton Calculated Date of Apocalypse: 2060

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I thought this was pretty interesting.. However when I first saw the title I thought it would be a prediction based on Science and not biblical.

JERUSALEM — Three-century-old manuscripts by Isaac Newton calculating the exact date of the apocalypse, detailing the precise dimensions of the ancient temple in Jerusalem and interpreting passages of the Bible — exhibited this week for the first time — lay bare the little-known religious intensity of a man many consider history's greatest scientist.

Newton, who died 280 years ago, is known for laying much of the groundwork for modern physics, astronomy, math and optics. But in a new Jerusalem exhibit, he appears as a scholar of deep faith who also found time to write on Jewish law — even penning a few phrases in careful Hebrew letters — and combing the Old Testament's Book of Daniel for clues about the world's end.

Original Source

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Did you read the article? If so, then the title is misleading.

According to the article, Newtons target audience were the 'doomsayers', and all he predicted was that the Apocalypse would end no sooner then 2060 but it could happen later.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Not only that, but he was basing his information off of the bible, which back in his day was a respected book. Now that we know the truth that the bible is full of lies and fallacies, I no longer feel his predictions are of any relevance at all.

join